Matthew Olosunde Signs (Confirmed)

lenny

Advisor to the Owner
Throwing a player in against Fulham when he’s not played a proper game all season, what happens if he pulls up in the first 20 minutes , it will be a very tough game I would love to see how he plays but a gradual introduction to the first team could be the best option most times when a player comes back from a long lay off they take a while to get up to speed .

Libertine

Advisor to the Owner
Throwing a player in against Fulham when he’s not played a proper game all season, what happens if he pulls up in the first 20 minutes , it will be a very tough game I would love to see how he plays but a gradual introduction to the first team could be the best option most times when a player comes back from a long lay off they take a while to get up to speed .
A player shouldn't be near the squad until he's ready to play Lenny.
If he's ready and he's the best man for that position get him in. The opposition is irrelevant really, there are no easy games in this division. Gradual introduction for me is starting him and seeing how long he lasts match fitness-wise.

volley

Manager
A player shouldn't be near the squad until he's ready to play Lenny.
If he's ready and he's the best man for that position get him in. The opposition is irrelevant really, there are no easy games in this division. Gradual introduction for me is starting him and seeing how long he lasts match fitness-wise.
Or bring him on for the last 20-30 minutes to get him up to speed and match fitness as he's only had 60 minutes of reserve football. There's another Reserve match next week, I think, that he could play in too.

Libertine

Advisor to the Owner
Or bring him on for the last 20-30 minutes to get him up to speed and match fitness as he's only had 60 minutes of reserve football. There's another Reserve match next week, I think, that he could play in too.
Think I've said it somewhere else mate, maybe on this thread, but I'd rather start a player who's coming back from injury, that way you're sure they've had the full pre-match warm up with coaches and physio keeping an eye on them rather than be sat in the cold, do the touchline warm up and then come on. That's just a personal opinion though.

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
He's been out a long time and should complete at least one full non league game before making the first team squad.

JJ_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
Regarding not having to wingbacks on the bench he had 2 CBs and a wingback on the bench the other week so i dont think hes bothered about that.

Playing 352 if anything we need 2 on the bench as the wingbacks “should” do the most running.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
For a full back to only finish 1 in 3 of the games he's started suggests there's something wrong with his fitness, unless Rotherham were regularly changing formation part way through games.

I think when he signed there was a Rotherham fan on here said he was often subbed off as the manager changed the formation to try and chase a game. Which was a lot considering how many games they lost!!

I think when he signed there was a Rotherham fan on here said he was often subbed off as the manager changed the formation to try and chase a game. Which was a lot considering how many games they lost!!

I think olosunde must have enjoyed playing us then. Meant he stayed on for the full ninety minutes.

tcinders

Advisor to the Owner
Too many bigging Fulham up including the manager, let's just take the game to them and see where we end up, rather we went for it instead of trying to contain them.