PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matthew Olosunde Signs (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent signing. Vital that we finally added a pacey right back to the squad.

Bit surprised he's only signed for 2 years, club must still think he has a lot to prove ?

Also no mention of any compensation, presumably a free transfer ?

Well... What a surprise... Chuffed about this lad. Heard good things about his defensive abilities. Welcome aboard young man.

2 years contract, If so highly thought of, why only 2 years? Welcome all the same 👍

Decent signing. Vital that we finally added a pacey right back to the squad.

Bit surprised he's only signed for 2 years, club must still think he has a lot to prove ?

Also no mention of any compensation, presumably a free transfer ?

There will definitely have to be compensation as Rotherham offered him a new deal, but it'll be minimal as he wasn't produced by the club.

There will definitely have to be compensation as Rotherham offered him a new deal, but it'll be minimal as he wasn't produced by the club.
I'm not sure what the rules are to be honest. He was at Rotherham for only 2 years and wasn't produced by their academy, so are they actually entitled to anything ? Just think the indications are that it's free as LEP reported it as a bosman a week or so ago and no mention of a compensation deal by the club.

As for contract length, having reflected on it whilst I'm pleased with the signing, Olosunde has only played for 1 season at this level and still has a lot to prove so perhaps 2 years is sensible for now like with Lindsay. 1+1 with Brown is sensible too. I'd rather give players a slightly shorter contract to begin with and then reward them for good performances, than do what we have done in the past and give players like Burke, Ripley and Rafferty 3 or 3.5 year contracts straight away upon signing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.