PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

McLean on Pearson

Obviously McLean deserved red for the assault. It really was premeditated, cowardly and dangerous. However, in reality, refs are much more likely to send off a player who mistimes a genuine tackle by a fraction of a second - or if a player harmlessly “raises his hand” in a little face-to face argument.

Pearson deserved his yellow for his reaction - and was dicing with red. Don’t think there’s any way he’d have been booked for standing over the ball.
Me neither, it's commonplace for players to stop a free kick being taken early in today's game, it happens all the time. Rarely does a card come out for it

I really cannot believe what I am hearing from some fans on this thread. Maclean has off the ball literally come right through the back of Pearson like a Japanese bullet train that forceful his back almost gives way. Obviously you’re going to react!

I thought the ref was absolutely disgusting for keeping Maclean on the pitch. The fact some players get sent off for little kicks out and pokes (Ricardo Fuller v Stoke) and a full on push to the floor in the back warrants a yellow is what is making the game bloody frustrating. The consistency in football is so bad. Refs have a very tough job but sometimes in instances like that they create rods for their own backs.

Normally I don't wish injury on any player but in this case I'm chuffed McClean got a nice dose of Karma.
Getting battered in the middle of the back like that when 'limp' and not expecting it, is extremely painful, as many of us I'm sure can testify from playing in the school playground when we were just kids.

Normally I don't wish injury on any player but in this case I'm chuffed McClean got a nice dose of Karma.
Getting battered in the middle of the back like that when 'limp' and not expecting it, is extremely painful, as many of us I'm sure can testify from playing in the school playground when we were just kids.

Karma had delivered a lovely surprise there with that fucking melt McClean.

To top it off, he will be a shit average league 1 player next season.

McLean probably looking at it as a result. Continues to pick up his inflated wage while doing even less than he has for the last 2/3 years.
Stoke are full of mercenaries and will be Sunderland II.

Here is what I don't get...………...not just the referee, but two other people (referred to nowadays as I think referees assistants, used to be linesmen) didn't see this incident of McLean's cowardly physical assault on Pearson?????
I am not blatantly defending Pearson, he has brought many of these yellow cards on himself with his lack of discipline and earned reputation over the seasons, but three officials (four counting the fourth official, but not sure if he has authority to bring incidents like this one to the referee) failed to see the incident.

Why are these guys being paid with such incompetence?

It was the same ref as the Stoke home game who also missed McLean hold his forearm across Fishers throat.

Pearo should send him a “Don’t Get Well Soon” card.........😁

It was the same ref as the Stoke home game who also missed McLean hold his forearm across Fishers throat.
I wonder if the videos of incidents like this are ever brought to the attention of the authorities? Just because the officials "missed this" (and looking at the video of the game I can't see how the ref could possibly have missed it) shouldn't mean that neanderthals like McClean get away with what they do.........at least twice apparently.

I don't get how his reaction was ridiculous. If someone barged into the back of me with his elbow I would be pretty pissed off as well.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d have been exactly the same but it’s a definite yellow card under the current rules. Can’t react like he did unfortunately. Games gone soft.

What is the PFA's stance on a member publicly insulting another member in the manner of this chap from Stoke?

They obviously don't like it, the Irish prick has been warned.... https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/stoke-citys-james-mclean-warned-17749042

Stoke City winger James McClean has been warned by the FA over his conduct on social media.

This comes after the Republic of Ireland international deleted a post on his Instagram story after a clash with Preston North End's Ben Pearson on Wednesday night.

I didn’t think it was a red to be honest. It was a shove in the back. It was cowardly and can see why Pearson was pissed but players do push each other and it’s not a red. Anything head wise is but this was the back