PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

McLean on Pearson

Well I’ve seen far worse and guys pushing each other and not red

I don’t think you have!

Pushing/ barging someone who’s in a confrontation with you is never going to hurt them - even with a really violent shove.
This was a barge, with a run up, into the back of someone (much lighter) who is looking the other way, with no chance to brace/protect themselves. It was a cowardly, dangerous assault and would surely have got a retrospective red if the ref hadn’t booked him.

It was a red card under the rules of the game. No doubt about it. Ref was looking straight at it, bottled it because he was intimidated by McClean.

I didn’t think it was a red to be honest. It was a shove in the back. It was cowardly and can see why Pearson was pissed but players do push each other and it’s not a red. Anything head wise is but this was the back
It was most definitely not a "shove in the back". McLean deliberately lowered his shoulder and forcefully projected it into Pearson's back whilst Pearson was not expecting it. If you can't see the physical danger of this, not to mention the reprehensibility of the action, you have a problem, either with your eyesight, or with the rules of the game or maybe you are just lacking in intelligence or looking for an argument.

It was most definitely not a "shove in the back". McLean deliberately lowered his shoulder and forcefully projected it into Pearson's back whilst Pearson was not expecting it. If you can't see the physical danger of this, not to mention the reprehensibility of the action, you have a problem, either with your eyesight, or with the rules of the game or maybe you are just lacking in intelligence or looking for an argument.

Or maybe I just don’t think it was a red. Neither did the referee. If you want to argue about my opinion fine but I’m not keen to.

I don’t think you have!

Pushing/ barging someone who’s in a confrontation with you is never going to hurt them - even with a really violent shove.
This was a barge, with a run up, into the back of someone (much lighter) who is looking the other way, with no chance to brace/protect themselves. It was a cowardly, dangerous assault and would surely have got a retrospective red if the ref hadn’t booked him.

I have otherwise I wouldn’t have said it... so it’s a red because Pearson weighed less??

Or maybe I just don’t think it was a red. Neither did the referee. If you want to argue about my opinion fine but I’m not keen to.
Your main evidence to support your stance is that referees never make errors? That is a weak point to fall back on. There is no argument here, both the referee and you are wrong...….end of story.

Here is what I don't get...………...not just the referee, but two other people (referred to nowadays as I think referees assistants, used to be linesmen) didn't see this incident of McLean's cowardly physical assault on Pearson?????
I am not blatantly defending Pearson, he has brought many of these yellow cards on himself with his lack of discipline and earned reputation over the seasons, but three officials (four counting the fourth official, but not sure if he has authority to bring incidents like this one to the referee) failed to see the incident.

Why are these guys being paid with such incompetence?
Totally agree.... I think that they are frightened of making big decisions against big clubs....