PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

McLean on Pearson

The biggest danger to Pearson from that extremely cowardly assault was whiplash. He wasn't expecting it and when barged into his head was "whipped" backwards. Must have hurt and no doubt was very sore/stiff next morning.
I'll whip McLean's head clean off pal. Me and you our Roy from't Ribble. He won't be tarmaccing my drive anytime soon after that uncalled for , callous, sticking assault that took place under the floodlights

I'll whip his lashes off

Your main evidence to support your stance is that referees never make errors? That is a weak point to fall back on. There is no argument here, both the referee and you are wrong...….end of story.

I think there is a lot of over reaction on here

I'd love to hear your thoughts of somebody speaking in defence of ISIS.
But he wasn't speaking in defence of the IRA so it's a false comparison you make. Similarly to speak against western interference in the middle east is not the same as being a terrorist or being a terrorist sympathiser. To label people as terrorists in this way simply allows governments to murder people and not face any kind of scrutiny. If it is proven that he has any links to a terrorist organisation then that's different.

I suggest if we want to discuss the 'troubles' we set up another thread. I'm not that bothered to do it if there is the amount of bias fuelled by misinformation-republican bad guys-loyalist good guys: cowboys and Indians type simplifications. A brilliant place to start is the excellent documentary series by Darragh MacIntyre 'Spotlight on the Troubles: a Secret History'. On the BBC iplayer. Growing up on the mainland through the worst of it all with only mainstream media reports to shape perception gave everybody a massively skewed picture of what was actually happening. This series redresses that to some degree. I recommend it highly.

I suggest if we want to discuss the 'troubles' we set up another thread. I'm not that bothered to do it if there is the amount of bias fuelled by misinformation-republican bad guys-loyalist good guys: cowboys and Indians type simplifications. A brilliant place to start is the excellent documentary series by Darragh MacIntyre 'Spotlight on the Troubles: a Secret History'. On the BBC iplayer. Growing up on the mainland through the worst of it all with only mainstream media reports to shape perception gave everybody a massively skewed picture of what was actually happening. This series redresses that to some degree. I recommend it highly.
So difficult to get nuance in any conflict.