PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Mega Mosque at Broughton

They got planning permission on watling st rd because bhailock said they could use the old hospital site opposite as an overflow.

If you ever get refused planning permission just tell them it’s ok cause you would park on your mates drive.
Religion, planning permission, favours from mates and disused hospitals. All we need is a murder and Hercule Poirot might show up.

134 parking spaces doesn’t seem feasible for a 1000 capacity mosque? Given that at the minute it doesn’t appear to have much in the way of Muslim communities within walking distance, if it was going to be even 3/4 full it’s going to require around 6 people in every car to avoid having cars parked on the street

134 parking spaces doesn’t seem feasible for a 1000 capacity mosque? Given that at the minute it doesn’t appear to have much in the way of Muslim communities within walking distance, if it was going to be even 3/4 full it’s going to require around 6 people in every car to avoid having cars parked on the street
The lack of sufficient provision for parking is absolutely daft, isn’t it? I reckon there’ll end up just being a huge backlog of parked cars all the way up D’urton Lane and, to be frank, if I were a resident there I would not be happy in the slightest given the volume of people that is anticipated. All conjecture right now but they need to make it a more feasible enterprise from a logistical point of view.

Tough call
English martyrs has no parking spaces
Granted there wasn’t any at the time of building but no provision has been made since the advent of the motor car

Taxis maybe?

Seriously.

The lack of sufficient provision for parking is absolutely daft, isn’t it? I reckon there’ll end up just being a huge backlog of parked cars all the way up D’urton Lane and, to be frank, if I were a resident there I would not be happy in the slightest given the volume of people that is anticipated. All conjecture right now but they need to make it a more feasible enterprise from a logistical point of view.
Actually, I forget there’s a usually empty car park on the other side of the dual carriageway which could be used to service the mosque. It’s not huge though.

Tough call
English martyrs has no parking spaces
Granted there wasn’t any at the time of building but no provision has been made since the advent of the motor car
And I believe it’s a great source of frustration for the residents how often random cars are just parked outside their houses. I can imagine that being even worse up Durton Lane given the traffic that passes up there

Taxis maybe?

Seriously.
Can’t imagine them being too up for the idea of paying for taxis every night to go up to the mosque, or several times a day for some families

Actually, I forget there’s a usually empty car park on the other side of the dual carriageway which could be used to service the mosque. It’s not huge though.
Is that not for the school? Could make it complicated during pick up and drop off times as I believe that’s where parents and staff park

And I believe it’s a great source of frustration for the residents how often random cars are just parked outside their houses. I can imagine that being even worse up Durton Lane given the traffic that passes up there

Can’t imagine them being too up for the idea of paying for taxis every night to go up to the mosque, or several times a day for some families
It is. You are spot on
But care must be taken when making comparisons through planning

Don't think that's an appropriate place for a mosque. The Muslim community don't work (and live) in the countryside by and large. Someone is probably trying it on with that. Apart from the fact it won't be 'in keeping' with the area.
Guild wheel goes down there doesn’t it? Be a bit dodgy for cyclists with loads of traffic.

There has been a large Asian flight in Preston quite recently from the New Hall Lane/ Ribbleton Lane area towards Sherwood/ Longsands.
The Asians I work with are repulsed by the debauchery of the Eastern Europeans that arrived and have decided to step up the property ladder and leave that area behind. This Mosque will cater for them in their new neighbourhoods.
What sort of debauchery? It must be bad. Seems like some things have gone full circle though. Loads of people moved away from Deepdale when more and more Asian families moved into the area, now Asians are moving out areas because of Eastern European’s. Having said that though, a lot of Asian families have been moving up the housing ladder for years, The Watling Street Road area now seems to be a predominantly Asian Area.

Plenty of Anglican and Roman Catholic churches were built in India/Pakistan and I don't think those who built most of them worried one jot about them 'fitting in' to the local environment. This one, for instance, in Abbotabad (named after an English major) is more in keeping with the Cotswolds than the sub-continent.
You need to look into these things a bit deeper (that includes me). There is a problem as you can see here, whether or not it has been resolved for good, I don't know but the churches were shut. Good to see some of the usual likers piling on, though.

Surely now there is some sort of requirement for parking spaces according to the size of buildings for mass attendance? I'm sure I remember reading something about PNE not being able to develop the upper tier of the invincibles stand because it would take capacity above what we would have adequate parking space available for should there be a full house in attendance? Maybe I'm wrong?

Surely now there is some sort of requirement for parking spaces according to the size of buildings for mass attendance? I'm sure I remember reading something about PNE not being able to develop the upper tier of the invincibles stand because it would take capacity above what we would have adequate parking space available for should there be a full house in attendance? Maybe I'm wrong?
Hard to imagine that would be a deciding factor as proportionally parking capacity per head must be less than say 1 or 2 % ?

They cant develop the upper tiers because they cant even fill the lower tier boxes.

The roof couldnt be made higher because of light issues at @Joanpne house. Shes always complaining :)