PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Message to supporters from Peter Ridsdale.

Haha I'll read closely later, we were warned a telling off was coming

This did stand out though

Many supporters get anxious when they see players reaching the last twelve months of their contract and somehow expect that all of these players should be offered whatever it takes to tie them down to new deals. This is overly simplistic as we have a wage structure and also a finite amount of cash.

its your job to manage the club's talent Peter, I think it's you that is being overly simplistic in not selling at their peak value and reinvesting into the squad and then blaming the players when oh shock horrior they're running their contracts down.

Fucking hell it's shit being a nobber sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing who the new "local sponsor is" who we will be "delighted" with and the end of betting companies on our shirts which is long overdue, this should be applauded.

Seems like a ballance of sorts is coming in season tickets too, time will tell.

Not much else to comment about the rest which I suspect will do little to appease those who are very critical of the advisor and owner.

Haha I'll read closely later, we were warned a telling off was coming

This did stand out though

Many supporters get anxious when they see players reaching the last twelve months of their contract and somehow expect that all of these players should be offered whatever it takes to tie them down to new deals. This is overly simplistic as we have a wage structure and also a finite amount of cash.

its your job to manage the club's talent Peter, I think it's you that is being overly simplistic in not selling at their peak value and reinvesting into the squad and then blaming the players when oh shock horrior they're running their contracts down.

Fucking hell it's shit being a nobber sometimes.
Serious question, how do we sell if there are no buyers?

Had we been able to sell, I bet you'd be on here slating him for selling our best players in a season we'd been top of the league in and comfortably in the play offs all season only for a disasterous run that our previous manager had no clue of being able to change.

The club couldn't win in that situation.

Needing changing by spending loads more money you mean ? Yes they'll be disappointed not Man City

Good news on the new sponsor & potentially better deals on season tickets though mines already paid for. I'd guess a small reduction, as Peter quite rightly says the club needs its income streams flowing again.

I read the stuff about contracts and finances as just a pre-warning to fans not to expect any money spent this summer, I'm not sure anyone really does expect us to go and spend big. I certainly don't.

Looking forward to seeing who the new "local sponsor is" who we will be "delighted" with and the end of betting companies on our shirts which is long overdue, this should be applauded.

Seems like a ballance of sorts is coming in season tickets too, time will tell.

Not much else to comment about the rest which I suspect will do little to appease those who are very critical of the advisor and owner.
I just hope that the new sponsor has quite a nice logo , not one with Green, Red or Orange branding !!!

'In reality most football managers jobs have evolved into the more appropriate title of Head Coach and issues such as contract negotiations and identification of players have always been done separately. Nothing going forward changes what has been custom and practice at PNE for the last ten years and the Head Coach and indeed coaches will have full input into all transfer activity as before.'

Good to hear from PR, credit to him for that, but . . .

Has identification of players 'always been done separately' (ie. not by the manager)?

Or is it just 'the last 10 years'?

It's a clear contradiction - and my money's on the latter.

What changed about 10 years ago, I wonder? 🤔

Was waiting for a statement like this, basically saying we have little if no money to spend on new players with quality we desperately need! Will be free transfers and loans!

Whilst I welcome this latest message on behalf of the owner, there does still seem to be a ‘be grateful’ feel to this statement. That we are paying our way, that we are in the Championship, that we are training in excellent facilities.

Not suggesting these are not important but we need more innovation. How do we intent to attract new supporters when we can get back, let alone retain the ones we have?

The sponsorship deal is good news and with a new management team in place there should rightly be optimism for the future but having seen Leicester’s heroics yesterday, you see a club connected from top to bottom.

All very good Ridsdale. Why don't you forget about telling us what we already know and make sure that we don't have a repeat of last season when you allowed in your position of "advisor", the contracts of Pearson, Davies, Johnson and Browne to run down to within 12 months.

Resign you less than useless moneygrabber,

If any other business chose to communicate with their customers in this tone, they wouldn't have any customers left.

Great we've got rid of a Betting Sponsor, but they're likely to be outlawed in the next 2 seasons anyway so we had to go down that route eventually regardless.

It's good that there's communication but the tone and the "we know best" attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

Serious question, how do we sell if there are no buyers?

Had we been able to sell, I bet you'd be on here slating him for selling our best players in a season we'd been top of the league in and comfortably in the play offs all season only for a disasterous run that our previous manager had no clue of being able to change.

The club couldn't win in that situation.
Are you seriously suggesting pre covid there'd be no one interested in buying Pearson and Davis? How their situation was managed was an absolute disgrace.

And when we were top of the league we hadn't even replaced hugill and robinson, so when we have had opportunity capitalise on situations we've absolutely failed to do so. We've never had a clear strategy, and it's carrying on.

Yeah people would criticise if we sold them... And preceded to take our usual approach and not replace them or when we do replace them replace them with incredibly inadequate signings with no development potential or resale value.

Not everyone is asking for TH to put more money in, some are wanting a brand-new approach and maximise the investment from the owner. Just look at Leicester yesterday, the players celebrating with the owner on the pitch and completely at one with the support, then think about your experience of being a Preston North End supporter.