PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Message to supporters from Peter Ridsdale.

Serious question, how do we sell if there are no buyers?

Had we been able to sell, I bet you'd be on here slating him for selling our best players in a season we'd been top of the league in and comfortably in the play offs all season only for a disasterous run that our previous manager had no clue of being able to change.

The club couldn't win in that situation.

Wasn't it reported that Bournemouth wanted to buy / bid for Ben Davies for a figure in the region of £3m - £5m, but we were holding out for £10m? If so that would rule out the no money / no interest excuse.

Might even buy a new season shirt now gambling ads are going,I think all gambling ads tv,newspaper,web,sport,etc should be banned just like tobacco!
Interesting to see who new sponsors will be ?
The statement said “ Local “ - let the guessing game begin...

A local non-betting company... I'm curious now.
Are we talking Preston local, Lancashire local, NW local?

UCLAN?
BAE Systems?
Tetrad?

I'm not clued up on big, local companies with clout.

I am looking forward to getting back on though.
I don’t think it will be BAE , they donate to a few charities but they are usually voted for by the employees on an annual basis..

He has absolutely no idea when it comes to addressing supporters - the paying customers.

Every 'message' he puts out is basically a lecture, telling us how lucky we are, talking down to the supporters and essentially, taking them for granted.

Why the need to be so defensive, so confrontational? He's like some 19th Century mill owner addressing his brow-beaten cloth-capped workforce and telling them he can't afford a pay rise - they should be thankful to have a job! Now, back to your looms and stop complaining!

This club will never change for the better whilst he is here.

I've decided to read through the condescending 'supporters haven't a clue what they're talking about' nonsense he seems determined to roll out with every statement and just read the facts he is telling us. There is no need for it but he isn't going to change.

We're actually a relatively well run club with no debt, albeit with some questionable decisions made on the football and recruitment side. I'd rather put up with Peter's pissing and moaning about us having an opinion than be in a total mess like Derby etc.

I hope he gets this summer right, we need a bit of quality to add to what we have or we'll not compete at the right end of the table.

Very worrying part in that is in regards to the squad. I interpret that as ‘we won a few dead rubber games towards the end of the season, so we’re not going to spend much money this summer as the squad doesn’t need improving’

Our squad is poor. A majority of our players are of League 1 standard. The bloke is a loon and if we don’t spend money this summer, next season will be horrendous

Which we normally lose? We are quite accomplished at flopping at the back end of a season.. :)

Very worrying part in that is in regards to the squad. I interpret that as ‘we won a few dead rubber games towards the end of the season, so we’re not going to spend much money this summer as the squad doesn’t need improving’

Our squad is poor. A majority of our players are of League 1 standard. The bloke is a loon and if we don’t spend money this summer, next season will be horrendous
Considering 3 of the back 5 that ended the season so well have now gone back to their parent clubs it renders Riddlers point a bit obsolete.

I. E.
Good morning oiks. I'm here to remind you that we are right and you are wrong.
Be grateful that our all-seeing wise leader has paid the bills for his company.
As a sop to you saps we are getting rid of the betting sponsor a couple of years before we are forced to. Oh, and we expect you to be grateful when we hold ST prices for this year, and we want to hear that gratitude loud and clear.

I've decided to read through the condescending 'supporters haven't a clue what they're talking about' nonsense he seems determined to roll out with every statement and just read the facts he is telling us. There is no need for it but he isn't going to change.

We're actually a relatively well run club with no debt, albeit with some questionable decisions made on the football and recruitment side. I'd rather put up with Peter's pissing and moaning about us having an opinion than be in a total mess like Derby etc.

I hope he gets this summer right, we need a bit of quality to add to what we have or we'll not compete at the right end of the table.

But it's not a binary narrative, you can complain about something being shit and the fact that there is worse available doesn't make that complaint any less valid.

I can be narked that someone clipped my wing mirror, the fact that people are being bombed in Gaza, and those people have it much worse doesn't make my being miffed wrong.

Here we go
He could have printed free season tickets and the arrival of Ronaldo plus free door to door collection service and you would pull your face !
There is nothing but simple fact in the note, it’s a communication which many clamour for but it will now of course be forensically torn apart
Haha wtf do you expect? Just sit here and be good little supporters and not have an opinion cause you don't like it?