PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Message to supporters from Peter Ridsdale.

A lot of that post makes sense, I have always seen TH as a benefactor, not driven by wanting to make a profit and, bear in mind, I have known what he has done for our club for over 50 years. My father used to drink with him at The Plough in Euxton when he was starting out and I know or knew people who worked for him closely. No one has ever, to my knowledge, said a bad word about him as a person

‘No vision for’. Not sure about that. I will present 2 scenarios: he has two sons, one is a PNE fanatic. When TH departs this world will his sons take over and want to reach the Prem, spending more than their cautious dad?

Or secondly: to me it was reassuring to hear Ridsdale say some time ago that TH has ensured their will be enough money to see us through the coming 2021-22 season. We are not taking any money from the new EFL deal that most Championship clubs can’t wait to get their hands on. TH has regularly written off several million more than once. So, after next season, if things are back to normal (if such a thing will exist!), and another wealthy billionaire wants to buy a famous English club we may be an attractive proposition. If I have got this wrong please tell me, who would consider buying Rovers? Isn’t the debt to the Venkys over £100 million?

I rest my case

I say no vision for because he seems happy to keep us safe and bobbing along, despite significant personal expense to do so. If he treated us how he treats his businesses, would he not be trying to find way to enable us to be self sufficient or make money? It doesn't seem like he cares to do that.

I would be paying attention to the areas which talk about the squad and that the recruitment process hasn't changed.

Will James Beet be listened to or will we be signing players on the views of the owner again?

I would also be concerned that results may have masked the poor quality in the squad in the owners eyes.

Looks like Frankie was the advsiors choice.... let's hope he is given the tools to do a good job.

What's the point of appointing the guy if his input isn't listened to?

I just think this statement basically means they think this squad is good enough, the head coach role change was basically in name only and the season ticket prices will be higher than previously but 'its a compomise' in his eyes because they'd rather charge as much as possible.

Perhaps but who else was there to bail us out ?
He caused the problem by refusing to pay the tax bill. Perhaps if he did not want to do that he shouldn't have agreed to do it in the first place.
Any overspending done at that time was done with his say so as he had most money.
There were other options such as cutting outgoings gradually until he wasn't regularly needed to pay these bills.
However doing that would not have allowed him to get his hands on the club.

A lot of that post makes sense, I have always seen TH as a benefactor, not driven by wanting to make a profit and, bear in mind, I have known what he has done for our club for over 50 years. My father used to drink with him at The Plough in Euxton when he was starting out and I know or knew people who worked for him closely. No one has ever, to my knowledge, said a bad word about him as a person

‘No vision for’. Not sure about that. I will present 2 scenarios: he has two sons, one is a PNE fanatic. When TH departs this world will his sons take over and want to reach the Prem, spending more than their cautious dad?

Or secondly: to me it was reassuring to hear Ridsdale say some time ago that TH has ensured their will be enough money to see us through the coming 2021-22 season. We are not taking any money from the new EFL deal that most Championship clubs can’t wait to get their hands on. TH has regularly written off several million more than once. So, after next season, if things are back to normal (if such a thing will exist!), and another wealthy billionaire wants to buy a famous English club we may be an attractive proposition. If I have got this wrong please tell me, who would consider buying Rovers? Isn’t the debt to the Venkys over £100 million?

I rest my case
SO hemmings son can spend millions of his dad's money ,to try to take you to the promised land yet The jealous posters on still can't get over jack walkers investment in Blackburn rovers (I too rest my case ) (get over it it ain't going to happen )(pne (premier never ever)😃.

He caused the problem by refusing to pay the tax bill. Perhaps if he did not want to do that he shouldn't have agreed to do it in the first place.
Any overspending done at that time was done with his say so as he had most money.
There were other options such as cutting outgoings gradually until he wasn't regularly needed to pay these bills.
However doing that would not have allowed him to get his hands on the club.
What nonsense, the fans were begging Hemmings to takeover at the time.
We might not of been happy relinquishing shares but there was no other takers for the club.

Believe there is a company called EPIC Risk Management who educate around gambling harm to all 72 EFL clubs and their CEO is a big PNE fan. Has a box at Deepdale. Not sure if linked but wouldn’t surprise me.

Got to be honest, I got to the first line that mentioned they haven't had any money in a while and gave up.

Don't care about the same old drivel they recycle.

SO hemmings son can spend millions of his dad's money ,to try to take you to the promised land yet The jealous posters on still can't get over jack walkers investment in Blackburn rovers (I too rest my case ) (get over it it ain't going to happen )(pne (premier never ever)😃.
History was my favourite subject at school too Vera.

I'm confused.....

the article is supposed to be a 'message to supporters' yet a good number have made it clear they will never support anything PR or TH say / do.... so is this message really for them?? - hence I tend to skip over the usual suspects.

As a supporter there are parts I understand and parts I'm underwhelmed with (not least the tone), but I will take the shirt sponsorship as a positive, hope the ST prices become positive and will await the 'actual truth' about transfers..... but I am prepared to give PR credit for signing Iverson & Sepp (and even Greg; Evans and Lindsay) and not just criticise them all the time for their bad signings.... Even the U19's bit I am happy with.

I know it is a rule change not a club policy change to let 3 + 1 u19's play BUT just because the rules allow didnt guarantee we'd sign 4.....we have so thats good too.

Even the shirt sponsorship we know is a national rule change but not one we HAD to follow this summer... I hold on to the hope that my emails to PR & his secretary about kids shirts in the winter are part of the reason for the change.

I cant wait to meet other 'supporters' at the first home game back at Deepdale...... I happen to believe the players that got us to the play off positions before covid arent relegation fodder just because the 2 Bens (& Fish) left....providing we get the likes of Iverson & Sepp back with a 3 pr 4 more additions.

Believe there is a company called EPIC Risk Management who educate around gambling harm to all 72 EFL clubs and their CEO is a big PNE fan. Has a box at Deepdale. Not sure if linked but wouldn’t surprise me.
Is it local?

Sedgy's point is if they're seriously trying to become championship footballers then maybe they should be playing a decent standard, they can pick up this 'mens footy' on Waverley park if required.
Yeah that's the point I was making. If we want them to be kicked and barged over and see if they 'adapt' to men's football and that's it, then we could send them to Sunday League.

We aren't going to develop Championship footballers by loaning lads out to such a poor standard.

There's basically no pathway from our academy to our first team. You either have to be Championship standard at 18 years old, or be willing to go on endless loans for 4-5 years until we eventually hire a manager who likes you.

Just not sure what the point is of our academy at the moment and how it is sustainable. Even on the very rare occasions we've produced a big assets from our academy in the last 5 or 6 years, like Brownhill and Ben Davies who are now at Premier League clubs, we've lost them for peanuts. So it's not like the academy is paying for itself in that sense anyway.