PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Message to supporters from Peter Ridsdale.

'In reality most football managers jobs have evolved into the more appropriate title of Head Coach and issues such as contract negotiations and identification of players have always been done separately. Nothing going forward changes what has been custom and practice at PNE for the last ten years and the Head Coach and indeed coaches will have full input into all transfer activity as before.'

Good to hear from PR, credit to him for that, but . . .

Has identification of players 'always been done separately' (ie. not by the manager)?

Or is it just 'the last 10 years'?

It's a clear contradiction - and my money's on the latter.

What changed about 10 years ago, I wonder? 🤔
the word ‘always’ is now ubiquitous in football and is used to mean absolutely anything!

Yeah that's the point I was making. If we want them to be kicked and barged over and see if they 'adapt' to men's football and that's it, then we could send them to Sunday League.

We aren't going to develop Championship footballers by loaning lads out to such a poor standard.

There's basically no pathway from our academy to our first team. You either have to be Championship standard at 18 years old, or be willing to go on endless loans for 4-5 years until we eventually hire a manager who likes you.

Just not sure what the point is of our academy at the moment and how it is sustainable. Even on the very rare occasions we've produced a big assets from our academy in the last 5 or 6 years, like Brownhill and Ben Davies who are now at Premier League clubs, we've lost them for peanuts. So it's not like the academy is paying for itself in that sense anyway.
It’s not the Academy‘s fault that the club failed to cash in on Ben Davies. IF we had sold Davies for £7m or £8m that would have paid its way with interest, but I do understand what you mean.

I say no vision for because he seems happy to keep us safe and bobbing along, despite significant personal expense to do so. If he treated us how he treats his businesses, would he not be trying to find way to enable us to be self sufficient or make money? It doesn't seem like he cares to do that.
This is what was said when he bought the club 11 years ago. It hasn't quite worked out, has it?

(Sorry, link to the original article no longer works).

The Evening Post understands that the former owner of Blackpool Tower does have a number of potential investors in mind. One source close to the club said: “Trevor never does anything unless he has a plan and he has a good idea of what he wants to do and the kind of people he wants to get involved.”

A spokesman for Mr Hemmings said that the 75-year-old does not see himself becoming the long-term owner of the club.

I can't be the only one who's getting bored of these same old statements?

It's either TH is the savior who has paid that bloody tax bill again or going on about the bloody training ground over and over again!

Nothing positive comes out of them apart from getting rid of the betting sponsor which is the best thing to happen.

https://postimg.cc/cghVYTtv

This probably won't show up because I have no idea what I'm doing.

If it does, that's how I imagine the kits will look. I have faith they'll give us a red kit this year.

Sorted.

Adobe-Post-20210516-2048100-8426375633275504.png

I can't be the only one who's getting bored of these same old statements?

It's either TH is the savior who has paid that bloody tax bill again or going on about the bloody training ground over and over again!

Nothing positive comes out of them apart from getting rid of the betting sponsor which is the best thing to happen.
They we’re going to have get rid of them soon anyhow, once again they try to make it sound like they have done it to curry favour with the fans , whereas in reality they have no option but to change sponsors in the next year or two. I’m pretty certain if they were to get the best deal they could from them they would be sponsoring us for years to come.

I would be paying attention to the areas which talk about the squad and that the recruitment process hasn't changed.

Will James Beet be listened to or will we be signing players on the views of the owner again?

I would also be concerned that results may have masked the poor quality in the squad in the owners eyes.

Looks like Frankie was the advsiors choice.... let's hope he is given the tools to do a good job.
And that's what I've said all along. Hemmings knows so little about football that because we did well in the last 8 games, he need not spend in the summer. Ridsdale is at least trying to find players by employing Beet but the reality is the old miser won't approve anything. He was bad enough when his businesses were booming and PNE was a tax vehicle. I shudder to think what his approach will be now Covid is eating into the billions.

Sunday times. Souness on Daniel Levy at Spurs.

Daniel Levy must relinquish role if Tottenham Hotspur are ever to realise ambitions​

I hope Peter R. Is reading. A non manager getting too involved in player recruitment doesn’t bode well. And I have to say listening to FM interviewed he’s very deferential to Ridsdale in this area. Too much so I feel.....
bar that the statement reads very sensibly I feel. The U23 team comment was a sensible one?

And that's what I've said all along. Hemmings knows so little about football that because we did well in the last 8 games, he need not spend in the summer. Ridsdale is at least trying to find players by employing Beet but the reality is the old miser won't approve anything. He was bad enough when his businesses were booming and PNE was a tax vehicle. I shudder to think what his approach will be now Covid is eating into the billions.
Nowhere in that statement did they say that we won't spend anything. All he is saying, quite rightly, is that all the talk about this being a relegation squad, is complete bollocks.

It's clear that we need to strengthen the squad, but the group of players we have were good enough to finish 13th this season. The aim has to be to make the necessary signings to improve that squad into one capable of challenging for a top 6 finish. There's a big difference between that and a Westley style, get rid of everyone, start again revamp that some have suggested we need.

The club is not a tax vehicle, seen/heard the same line repeatedly from people, without any evidence for it whatsoever. The company structure is freely available for anyone to view on companies house, the club is ultimately owned by a company based on the Isle of Man, where there is no corporation tax.

I appreciate the idea of releasing a club statement every so often but the tone and content here is very condescending and defensive in nature. It smacks of "we know best and stop moaning you ungrateful lot".

There is no statement of intent to get fans excited about what lies ahead. It leaves more questions than answers for me. You can bang on about paying your tax bills and getting a training ground but we care about what's on the pitch. We have lost so many games by a single goal this season and have such deficiencies in defence, goal, upfront and on the wings. A stagnant side in need of a shakeup. We got a decent set of results under Frankie but what about the other 38 games with this lot of players? Nearly crashed out of the league...

Please show us how much fans are missed and how you are looking to improve your match day experience next season by having more bars, live interviews with club legends by the FTF chaps or half time entertainment we can enjoy like a live band or even some acrobats or cheerleaders.

I want to know ticket prices and how you plan to get more bums on seats. How we plan to back our new manager based on the recommendations of our newly recruited Senior Recruitment Analyst rather than go for the cheaper crap options to get in on the top six. We need to invest in quality rather than a shoestring budget.

I want to know how we expect to grow our income in the long term to avoid dependency on the guy on the Isle of Man and how we plan to only have a small squad of high quality rather than a hit and miss first XI with duds to support them.

I want a reason to bother to pay for a match day ticket rather than sit at home and watch on iFollow with a brew. I think this summer is pivotal and the statement doesn't give me confidence the club will get this right at all.

Nowhere in that statement did they say that we won't spend anything. All he is saying, quite rightly, is that all the talk about this being a relegation squad, is complete bollocks.

It's clear that we need to strengthen the squad, but the group of players we have were good enough to finish 13th this season. The aim has to be to make the necessary signings to improve that squad into one capable of challenging for a top 6 finish. There's a big difference between that and a Westley style, get rid of everyone, start again revamp that some have suggested we need.

The club is not a tax vehicle, seen/heard the same line repeatedly from people, without any evidence for it whatsoever. The company structure is freely available for anyone to view on companies house, the club is ultimately owned by a company based on the Isle of Man, where there is no corporation tax.

Remember that a lot of those points were earned with players we won't have next season. Our current squad's 'level' is very much an unknown. This recruitment window is gonna be incredibly vital.