PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Miley Tunnel

Whenever North End were at home on a weekend. Me and my brother would set off from Lostock Hall. We'd have money in our pocket for a bus trip but we wanted to save our money. Once we got to Preston we knew we'd saved our money. On the last leg to Deepdale we still had 30 minutes to kill. What should we do?

Down into the tunnel we went :)

Really? Bloody hell, looked like it was due to be flattened any day...and that was around 10 years ago.

It'll be a crumbling shell now I guess, weren't in great shape even back then.
Theyve demolished everything now.

I've always wanted to go to the top of Walburghe's, there's a little window at the top, no idea who you would contact to do it though.
Third tallest spire in the UK supposedly.
I've been wanting to do this for a while, they open it to the public once a year and you have to book tickets, I think. I imagine last year's chance never materialised due to the lockdown. Definitely on my bucket list, the views must be great!

The suggestions don't have to be abandoned places, I'm just after anywhere in Preston that might be an interesting watch for someone who has never visited and somewhere that isn't too obvious (as there's a good chance I've covered it). I appreciate the previous suggestions of course!

Says a lot about Preston that the abandoned buildings and old churches are the only interesting things I can think of worth making a YouTube video on. I guess it's like that for a lot of medium sized working class cities in northern England.

Suppose it depends how you're looking to run the channel. Niche or a bit of everything. What I may find interesting, your subscribers / potential subscribers may think differently.

I was working in Barrow-in-Furness a couple of years ago. We were following the sat nav down a thin gravely road, and popped out from the tree line, completely unexpectedly, at Furness Abbey.

It was very early morning in summer, with the sun just about fully broken the horizon. The lightning, scale and atmosphere seriously blew me away. What an incredible place that is.

I just had to jump out and have a nosey around.

Definitely 100% worth a visit if you've never been and ever find yourself over that neck of the woods. Loads of weird and interesting things to see on the way there and back too.

Suppose it depends how you're looking to run the channel. Niche or a bit of everything. What I may find interesting, your subscribers / potential subscribers may think differently.

I was working in Barrow-in-Furness a couple of years ago. We were following the sat nav down a thin gravely road, and popped out from the tree line, completely unexpectedly, at Furness Abbey.

That sort of thing is what I love filming, I'm into history and interesting sights. Furness Abbey is somewhere I have wanted to go funnily enough, Whalley has an abbey too but it appears smaller than Furness'.
Even though my channel is about travel and food, what my channel shows is that you don't actually need to travel far to find good spots. Preston and the local area has a lot to see, I guess we just take it for granted sometimes.
There were places in Preston I would pass every day but until the whole world shut down, I never got chance to take my time to appreciate them.

That sort of thing is what I love filming, I'm into history and interesting sights. Furness Abbey is somewhere I have wanted to go funnily enough, Whalley has an abbey too but it appears smaller than Furness'.
Even though my channel is about travel and food, what my channel shows is that you don't actually need to travel far to find good spots. Preston and the local area has a lot to see, I guess we just take it for granted sometimes.
There were places in Preston I would pass every day but until the whole world shut down, I never got chance to take my time to appreciate them.
I once went to a 21st birthday party at Whaley Abbey, a fantastic place and had a look behind the scenes. Gary Numan was at the party, lovely man.

Are the old nuclear bunkers still available to have a look round near Goosnargh?

Are the old nuclear bunkers still available to have a look round near Goosnargh?
It appears as though they have all been converted to other things, storage for farming equipment, a vets etc. Would have been cool to see them though.

@ 309ft St Walburghes spire is worth a climb although not on the outside as Fred Dib did! The view of Town & beyond is excellent.
Entry is up a very slim spiral 1 way stone staircase barely passable in places so if you're of large persuasion think on.