Millwall and Hull at home ........

europne

Advisor to the Owner
On current form and standings it should be 2 wins, but we know that in this league nothing is simple and nothing should be taken for granted.

Clubs around us are playing each other so points have to be dropped.

However if we did get max points from these 2 games, we could be in a very interesting position prior to 2 massive fixtures against WBA and Fulham.

Keep the mental strength up.........

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
Points don't come easy in this division. We'll have to earn whatever we get and I hope none of the players see these as easier games - sure recipe to get zero points.

HunterLionheart

Advisor to the Owner
Millwall will definitely be tough. Don't underestimate them. They play far above their individual players' levels, same as could be said about us.

Hull could be in freefall, but still, if they set up to defend, can take points off us.

Mickypne

Advisor to the Owner
Millwall will be a very tough game. I'd expect to beat Hull in their current predicament selling their main players but take nothing for granted in this League.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
There are no easy games in this division. Also one game at a time. Tomorrow's opponents always tough - for some reason gritty the docklands spirit that reflects their origins seems to live on in them even though they are now based well south of the river. But they can for whatever reason also be less of a force away from their home which is in any case no longer the infamous old Den that was probably the most unpleasant and intimidating place to visit for a football match.

RVW

Manager
On current form and standings it should be 2 wins, but we know that in this league nothing is simple and nothing should be taken for granted.

Clubs around us are playing each other so points have to be dropped.

However if we did get max points from these 2 games, we could be in a very interesting position prior to 2 massive fixtures against WBA and Fulham.

Keep the mental strength up.........
"current form and standings"? Well re current form, yes, North End are doing well, but in the last six games, Millwall have taken a point v Stoke, Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday, and beaten a team (Reading) that we lost too not long ago.

Re standings, they are only 7 points behind North End, so it isn't as though we will be playing chopped liver, is it?

Finally, we shouldn't need reminding that Millwall have already beaten us once this season, so I for one won't get sucked into your "should be 2 wins" mentality euro.........and knowing that you are a long time PNE fan, you surprise me with this post............by all means be optimistic...............but at the same time, you should know better. :cool: (No offence meant).

I am just thinking also how cock sure most Leeds United fans must have felt a few weeks ago when they were a good dozen points up on the main pack of chasers................now they are almost one of the chasers. "It's a funny old game".

DANNYFINCH

Reserve
There are no easy games in this division. Also one game at a time. Tomorrow's opponents always tough - for some reason gritty the docklands spirit that reflects their origins seems to live on in them even though they are now based well south of the river. But they can for whatever reason also be less of a force away from their home which is in any case no longer the infamous old Den that was probably the most unpleasant and intimidating place to visit for a football match.
They've been around New Cross (well sarf of the river) since 1910 buddy.

Millwall are a hard to beat home or away, they are trying to push for the play offs themselves, we need to be on our game 100%, it wouldn't surprise me to be a hard fought 1-1 draw, but I think we can win it if we go for their throats from the off.
Pearson has been more forward minded this last few games & I think Johnson & himself are the key to the door. COYW.

Walmer88

Manager
Winning the next two would definitely take pressure off against Fulham and WBA. Hopefully it will be a better performance, they should be full of confidence though.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
They've been around New Cross (well sarf of the river) since 1910 buddy.
Indeed they have - I am well aware of the fact, but as I said something of that initial character still seems to remain. In any case New Cross is hardly genteel - I know that as well because I only live a couple of miles or so away just about on the invisible border, in fact, where the harshness of Millwall morphs into the relative gentility of Charlton's catchment area.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Swansea have gone shite since signing Brewster and Gallagher. We’re unbeaten since signing Sinclair. In Neil we trust