PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Millwall v PNE - 15/04/23 - KO:15:00 - Championship

From what I remember…Cannon should have scored, Parrott should have scored, DJ should have scored, Delap should have scored, Onomah could have scored and Hughes could have scored.
Lesson of the day must be that you have to be clinical.

… not forgetting that Millwall shouldn’t have scored!

Thought Lindsey was poor today, loose with passes and got beat by every player in front of him even when they’re 5 inches smaller than him.

I couldn’t recall a header from him that didn’t spin off him, or go wildly out of play, I think Bauer would be better at his position, hopefully Bambo back in.

If Woodburn gets a renewal someone deserves capital punishment the lad is awful, league 2 at best player.

Needed Ched today.

Onomah looks a serious player.

Fernandez should have started, Brady isn’t consistent enough.

Can’t miss chances and give away goals like that in games of that importance, I don’t think we have it in us for a late play off push.

It often bemuses me with football Managers that when they think there is nothing particularly to play for (as in half a dozen or so games ago) they pick forward expansive, going for it Teams, which then performs better, picks up points & puts them back in the mix - and then they get cautious again- it's a paradox (not particular to RL)!!
Seen a lot of criticism of Ledson & Woodburn & to some extent Parrott.
Parrot has good link up and energy but is not a goal threat what so ever, which is a shame as he would be appreciated more If he could weigh in with a few.
Ledson does have at least some qualities, he has passion and a tackle (if he can get close enough) & can at least play a ball through sometimes, although at best, a good squad player.
Woodburn shows nothing, light weight & ineffective. Sorry, but not a Championship Player in any way, shape, or form!

If Lowe needs to fire the players up I suggest he shows them the arrogant cockney tossers on Lions tv. What a bunch of arseholes.
A bit late to fire up the players, we just got beat. Need to get motivated for Swansea, shouldn't take more than realising that a win could keep us in line for a play-off place.

Thought Lindsey was poor today, loose with passes and got beat by every player in front of him even when they’re 5 inches smaller than him.

I couldn’t recall a header from him that didn’t spin off him, or go wildly out of play, I think Bauer would be better at his position, hopefully Bambo back in.

If Woodburn gets a renewal someone deserves capital punishment the lad is awful, league 2 at best player.

Needed Ched today.

Onomah looks a serious player.

Fernandez should have started, Brady isn’t consistent enough.

Can’t miss chances and give away goals like that in games of that importance, I don’t think we have it in us for a late play off push.
Agree with all of this but I do like Brady.

Said to my pal today I thought it would have been an ideal game for Ched. Packed Millwall defence and we could have done with a bit more nous in the box and more of an aerial threat for a cross.

Said to my pal today I thought it would have been an ideal game for Ched. Packed Millwall defence and we could have done with a bit more nous in the box and more of an aerial threat for a cross.
You think? Wasn't physicality and aerial ability that we missed, what it was was clinical finished and while he's been on form, wouldn't say his particular skill set was the missing piece. We just couldn't finish, unfortunately

Glad we played Millwall now and not the last or second to last game of the season, would have been heart-breaking to lose like that if we were in the same position as we are in now. Still all to play for mind you, beat Swansea and we could be in the top 6 then Rovers next weekend is a massive massive game.

Glad we played Millwall now and not the last or second to last game of the season, would have been heart-breaking to lose like that if we were in the same position as we are in now. Still all to play for mind you, beat Swansea and we could be in the top 6 then Rovers next weekend is a massive massive game.

Agree. Millwall was our toughest game
IMO.
We hardly ever beat them.
Add Gary Rowett into the mix as well as
We may as well not turn up.

I know others have said it. This game would have been perfect for ched.

But onto the next one now. Personally I think playing Swansea with their passing game may suit some of our players especially Troy Parrott.

It’ll be a disgrace if this Plastics side gets into the playoffs. I’ve never seen them play well once this season
Although considering they play 5 of the top 8 in their last 5 games it would be remarkable

Reactions: OB1
By rime we play at Swansea on Wed night , WBA would of played against Blackpool & Sunderland against Huddersfield. Millwall have a 5 point gap over us now play Birmingham. You expect WBA & Sunderland to win maybe ( but in this league not always the case) Rovers v Coventry hope that's a draw and we beat Swansea sets us up then for the Plastics.

You think? Wasn't physicality and aerial ability that we missed, what it was was clinical finished and while he's been on form, wouldn't say his particular skill set was the missing piece. We just couldn't finish, unfortunately
Disagree, I think Ched is more of a target man, he plays some very clever football and brings other players into the game plus he doesnt given teh other team a second - I think with Ched instead of parrot more chances would have been created.

Reactions: SF
For once I agreed with Ryan 100% on his post match interview, the game was won and lost in either box where they were just better.

We’ve had a good run losing 2 from 7, but the five wins were against bottom half shite, the two defeats against play off placed teams.

Even the two games prior were both 0-0 against Watford and Coventry.

We’re in a false position, that’s not to say we can’t capitalise on that.

But I’m not down beat . We’re way off the likes of Luton/boro.

Still an interesting week ahead . Who’d have thought that 6 weeks ago.

If nothing else comes from this then at least the players and fans seem to have got that early season buzz back.

Huge summer ahead (again)