PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Millwall v PNE - 15/04/23 - KO:15:00 - Championship

This is why I wasn’t buying into the whole, what a great partnership Parrott and Cannon are building. The last few games teams have given us so much space that it would be hard not to create something. As soon as we come up against a team that can defend, Parrotts deficiencies are clear to all and Cannon is left isolated
Any sort of a challenge, or even a gentle breeze, and Parrott falls over !

The day started at 5.30 am for me. Shower, dressed, sandwich made for trip and then cornflakes and a brew for breakfast. Coach left at 7am on the dot. I have to say that was the most uncomfortable coach I have ever been on, it was awful back, legs, neck everything hurt and I am especially short so it must have been awful for the tall people, but an uneventful journey.

Got to Millwall it was a lovely day but, they took my bottled water off me at the turnstiles which put me on an absolute rant. They offered me a cup! (probably best not to say what I told them they could do with their cups). Got into ground found their supervisor and had a very annoyed conversation with him. He said he understood but I told him understanding wasn’t much help on a long journey home. The outcome was he put my friend and me in the lower tier and promised to make two bottles of water available to me to take on the coach back with me. Amazingly he kept his promise.

The game was everything it should have been but the ball just wouldn’t go in the net for us whilst it went in with absolute ease for them. I thought we were the better side but, faffed about too much at times around the box. Absolutely gutted we didn’t at least draw which, I think would have at least been a reasonably fair result though had we been more clinical we could and should have won. Josh Onomah was outstanding but why RL chose not to play Fernandez until it was too late is mind boggling. oh well sometimes the better team simply doesn’t get what they deserve and we are Preston North End so that is just our luck. The Millwall fans were loud but so were, they had the the numerical advantage though.

After the game, we got penned into the ground whilst their fans were cleared away which didn’t happen last time I went there. Oh dear, I don’t know who was worse us or them! I had the absolute misfortune to be stood in front of a woman who was drunk as a skunk and, I can swear but oh my word, the words leaving her mouth were disgusting and racist, and I haven’t heard one of them in a very long time. They included calling at least one person a “c u next Tuesday“ and another the “N” word because he looked so brown! Wow if alcohol makes someone so abusive perhaps it’s best they moderate their consumption. Having said that, there was absolutely no need to pen us in for a good 20 minutes it just annoyed people more and caused more aggro than it cured. Some of their fans hung around as the coaches left holding up scarves which said “no one likes us” just why they thought we cared is anyone’s guess the total divvies.

Got home at 11.15 pm absolutely shattered. My head hit my pillow and I don’t recall another thing until 8am this morning. In the cold light of day, I still think we should have at least got a draw. Glad I went though, nowt like that away day experience.

The day started at 5.30 am for me. Shower, dressed, sandwich made for trip and then cornflakes and a brew for breakfast. Coach left at 7am on the dot. I have to say that was the most uncomfortable coach I have ever been on, it was awful back, legs, neck everything hurt and I am especially short so it must have been awful for the tall people, but an uneventful journey.

Got to Millwall it was a lovely day but, they took my bottled water off me at the turnstiles which put me on an absolute rant. They offered me a cup! (probably best not to say what I told them they could do with their cups). Got into ground found their supervisor and had a very annoyed conversation with him. He said he understood but I told him understanding wasn’t much help on a long journey home. The outcome was he put my friend and me in the lower tier and promised to make two bottles of water available to me to take on the coach back with me. Amazingly he kept his promise.

The game was everything it should have been but the ball just wouldn’t go in the net for us whilst it went in with absolute ease for them. I thought we were the better side but, faffed about too much at times around the box. Absolutely gutted we didn’t at least draw which, I think would have at least been a reasonably fair result though had we been more clinical we could and should have won. Josh Onomah was outstanding but why RL chose not to play Fernandez until it was too late is mind boggling. oh well sometimes the better team simply doesn’t get what they deserve and we are Preston North End so that is just our luck. The Millwall fans were loud but so were, they had the the numerical advantage though.

After the game, we got penned into the ground whilst their fans were cleared away which didn’t happen last time I went there. Oh dear, I don’t know who was worse us or them! I had the absolute misfortune to be stood in front of a woman who was drunk as a skunk and, I can swear but oh my word, the words leaving her mouth were disgusting and racist, and I haven’t heard one of them in a very long time. They included calling at least one person a “c u next Tuesday“ and another the “N” word because he looked so brown! Wow if alcohol makes someone so abusive perhaps it’s best they moderate their consumption. Having said that, there was absolutely no need to pen us in for a good 20 minutes it just annoyed people more and caused more aggro than it cured. Some of their fans hung around as the coaches left holding up scarves which said “no one likes us” just why they thought we cared is anyone’s guess the total divvies.

Got home at 11.15 pm absolutely shattered. My head hit my pillow and I don’t recall another thing until 8am this morning. In the cold light of day, I still think we should have at least got a draw. Glad I went though, nowt like that away day experience.
I’ve been to Millwall a few times over the years and the treatment of away fans has been different every time. Yesterday we were held back at the ground, another time they held us on that path to the station and another time we weren’t held back at all and mixed with the Millwall fans on the station platform which was a bit tense.

People will get pissed off wherever they are held for any length or time. But it seems to me that the station and platform are way too small for the thousands of fans descending on it after a match. Due to the risk of it kicking off on a narrow station platform it’s probably inevitable that away fans will be held back. Not so bad after a victory but particularly annoying after a defeat.

I’ve been to Millwall a few times over the years and the treatment of away fans has been different every time. Yesterday we were held back at the ground, another time they held us on that path to the station and another time we weren’t held back at all and mixed with the Millwall fans on the station platform which was a bit tense.

People will get pissed off wherever they are held for any length or time. But it seems to me that the station and platform are way too small for the thousands of fans descending on it after a match. Due to the risk of it kicking off on a narrow station platform it’s probably inevitable that away fans will be held back. Not so bad after a victory but particularly annoying after a defeat.
Next time maybe walk up to Surrey Quay station. About 20 mins and not that busy.

We are still in the game ....agreed !
Take one look at Blackburn’s remaining fixtures :-
Coventry (h)
Preston (a)
Burnley ( h)
Luton ( h)
Millwall (a)
That is NOT an easy run in...they will certainly drop points!
Their fans seem to have thrown the towel in.

Thanks Joan .. obviously I don’t get the PNE games but a few years ago while on a trip home I went by coach to Hull and was shocked that away fans are treated like that, the cage, the lock in .. and of course the other fans and officials .. you’re a top fan to put up with that .. I enjoyed the read 👍👍👍thank you

'I thought we were the better side but, faffed about too much at times around the box'

as Joan said about Milwall, but how many other games does this apply to? A lot I would suggest!