PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

MLB 2020

I could give some updates from it on the match day thread to cheer everyone up

If you do, and mention 'Bonanza', then I know you're definitely watching.

If you mention Jim Bouton (remember him from a few hundred posts back :)?) I'll know you're totally engrossed 😂.

What the actual fuck? Are the Jays going to become my least favourite team? By all means take the AL East, but DON'T do it by nicking A's potential all-star players. :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)

What the actual fuck? Are the Jays going to become my least favourite team? By all means take the AL East, but DON'T do it by nicking A's potential all-star players. :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)

He's 30 and we're only offering him one year......

"The second runner up for AL MVP in 2019 gets a one-year prove-it deal, signing for $18 million, and he'll get to prove it in a more favorable hitting environment than the one he called home for the past six years. But that 2019 season is the outlier for him offensively, with most of his career coming much closer to his underwhelming 2020. It is possible, perhaps likely, that his fly-ball swing plays better in a smaller venue, which might earn him some mid-round looks in drafts, but it's worth noting his home/away splits have been remarkably steady throughout his career.
His arrival also shakes up the Blue Jays infield, presumably sending Cavan Biggio to third base most days and Vladimir Guerrero to first or DH. Semien will eventually gain second base eligibility with Rowdy Tellez and Randall Grichuk likely forced into a DH/1B/OF platoon."

Bean has a replacement lined up ;)

He's 30 and we're only offering him one year......

"The second runner up for AL MVP in 2019 gets a one-year prove-it deal, signing for $18 million, and he'll get to prove it in a more favorable hitting environment than the one he called home for the past six years. But that 2019 season is the outlier for him offensively, with most of his career coming much closer to his underwhelming 2020. It is possible, perhaps likely, that his fly-ball swing plays better in a smaller venue, which might earn him some mid-round looks in drafts, but it's worth noting his home/away splits have been remarkably steady throughout his career.
His arrival also shakes up the Blue Jays infield, presumably sending Cavan Biggio to third base most days and Vladimir Guerrero to first or DH. Semien will eventually gain second base eligibility with Rowdy Tellez and Randall Grichuk likely forced into a DH/1B/OF platoon."

Bean has a replacement lined up ;)
From Nowheresville Nomarks no doubt. :ROFLMAO: