PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

MLB 2020

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
Patron
Ok we're a month from the start of the season but for those of you who missed it, the big talking point of the year is that the Astros are fucking cheating bastards. An interesting article today discusses the possilbility of opposing players, especially pitchers, taking it out on the Astros' players, who have got off scot free.

Get them in the stocks!
Am I right in thinking there was no punishment at all for the players? Daft - that sends the message that MLB will brush it under the carpet if others try it.
It sounds a bit like the FA letting football clubs take the piss with finances

Get them in the stocks!
Am I right in thinking there was no punishment at all for the players? Daft - that sends the message that MLB will brush it under the carpet if others try it.
It sounds a bit like the FA letting football clubs take the piss with finances
Yes mate, none of the players have been punished. AJ Hinch has been banned for a year, the Astros have been fined a paltry amount and they've forfeited their first and second round draft picks for the next 2 years I think. Doesn't sound like a great deal of punishment seeing as they;ve been the dominant team over the last 3 seasons, funnily enough, since they started cheating.

Yes mate, none of the players have been punished. AJ Hinch has been banned for a year, the Astros have been fined a paltry amount and they've forfeited their first and second round draft picks for the next 2 years I think. Doesn't sound like a great deal of punishment seeing as they;ve been the dominant team over the last 3 seasons, funnily enough, since they started cheating.

No wonder they’re talking about players taking matters into their own hands. I’d be fuming if I was an opposition player

No wonder they’re talking about players taking matters into their own hands. I’d be fuming if I was an opposition player
The interesting thing is that the players are talking openly about effectively assaulting the Astros players on the pitch, whether through pitching at them, or taking them out running.

Ok we're a month from the start of the season but for those of you who missed it, the big talking point of the year is that the Astros are fucking cheating bastards. An interesting article today discusses the possilbility of opposing players, especially pitchers, taking it out on the Astros' players, who have got off scot free.
What on earth are you talking about? This thread is absolutely insane. I can't even put into words how radge this thread is

Eyyyyy I worked it out before I even reached second base and then knocked it out of the park with a home run with my second post

Baseball puns, I might be more of a baseball guy than you thought eh😂
😂 . ........you're welcome to join the thread lad. But remember, no misbehaving here.....three strikes and you're banned.

The interesting thing is that the players are talking openly about effectively assaulting the Astros players on the pitch, whether through pitching at them, or taking them out running.

Yeah just read a bit more about it. So it’ll probably come to the players that target them, or threaten to target them getting punished instead 🤨

Mind you, other than combat sports there’s not many sporting situations where you have people saying things like ‘they need a beating’ about each other

Yeah just read a bit more about it. So it’ll probably come to the players that target them, or threaten to target them getting punished instead 🤨

Mind you, other than combat sports there’s not many sporting situations where you have people saying things like ‘they need a beating’ about each other
No, quite strange really. Surprised that whoever says that kind of thing isn't getting reprimanded in some way.

We'll finish fourth but it'll be so much more exciting than last year ;)

ryu-1024x1024.png