PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

MLB 2021

I'd not twigged that the Jays were playing there.......I knew they were playing in the US somewhere.

It's their spring training/Grapefruit League base. I read they're moving to Buffalo sometime in May. The hurricane season starts soon and Dunedin doesn't have a roof like the Marlins and Rays. Things could get very soggy and breezy!

btw - Guerrero Jr hit a solo shot, a two run shot, and a grand slam. A three run homer would have given him the cycle.

It's their spring training/Grapefruit League base. I read they're moving to Buffalo sometime in May. The hurricane season starts soon and Dunedin doesn't have a roof like the Marlins and Rays. Things could get very soggy and breezy!

btw - Guerrero Jr hit a solo shot, a two run shot, and a grand slam. A three run homer would have given him the cycle.
I thought the cycle was a single, double, triple and HR? Doesn't have to be runs scored except for the HR obviously?

A solo HR, two-run HR, grand slam and a three-run homer would be something else? A HR-cycle...monster-cycle? Has that ever been done?

I thought the cycle was a single, double, triple and HR? Doesn't have to be runs scored except for the HR obviously?

A solo HR, two-run HR, grand slam and a three-run homer would be something else? A HR-cycle...monster-cycle? Has that ever been done?

Home run cycle:

Scooter Gennett had four home runs in a 2017 game, nearly completing a home run cycle.

An offshoot of hitting for the cycle, a "home run cycle" is when a player hits a solo home run, two-run home run, three-run home run, and grand slam all in one game. This is an extremely rare feat, as it requires the batter not only to hit four home runs in the game, but also to hit the home runs with a specific number of runners already on base. This is largely dependent on circumstances outside of the player's control, such as teammates' ability to get on base, and the order in which the player comes to bat in any particular inning. A further variant of the home run cycle would be the "natural home run cycle", should a batter hit the home runs in the specific order listed above.

A home run cycle has never occurred in MLB, which has only had 18 instances of a player hitting four home runs in a game. Though multiple home run cycles have been recorded in collegiate baseball, the only known home run cycle in a professional baseball game belongs to Tyrone Horne, playing for the Arkansas Travelers in a Double-A level Minor League Baseball game against the San Antonio Missions on July 27, 1998.

Major league players have come close to hitting a home run cycle, a notable example being Scooter Gennett of the Cincinnati Reds on June 6, 2017, when he hit four home runs against the St. Louis Cardinals. He hit a grand slam in the third inning, a two-run home run in the fourth inning, a solo home run in the sixth inning, and a two-run home run in the eighth inning. He had an opportunity for a three-run home run in the first inning, but drove in one run with a single in that at bat."

Home run cycle:

Scooter Gennett had four home runs in a 2017 game, nearly completing a home run cycle.

An offshoot of hitting for the cycle, a "home run cycle" is when a player hits a solo home run, two-run home run, three-run home run, and grand slam all in one game. This is an extremely rare feat, as it requires the batter not only to hit four home runs in the game, but also to hit the home runs with a specific number of runners already on base. This is largely dependent on circumstances outside of the player's control, such as teammates' ability to get on base, and the order in which the player comes to bat in any particular inning. A further variant of the home run cycle would be the "natural home run cycle", should a batter hit the home runs in the specific order listed above.

A home run cycle has never occurred in MLB, which has only had 18 instances of a player hitting four home runs in a game. Though multiple home run cycles have been recorded in collegiate baseball, the only known home run cycle in a professional baseball game belongs to Tyrone Horne, playing for the Arkansas Travelers in a Double-A level Minor League Baseball game against the San Antonio Missions on July 27, 1998.

Major league players have come close to hitting a home run cycle, a notable example being Scooter Gennett of the Cincinnati Reds on June 6, 2017, when he hit four home runs against the St. Louis Cardinals. He hit a grand slam in the third inning, a two-run home run in the fourth inning, a solo home run in the sixth inning, and a two-run home run in the eighth inning. He had an opportunity for a three-run home run in the first inning, but drove in one run with a single in that at bat."
So, practically impossible. I guess it's down to luck.

In baseball history......

330 cycles
307 no-hitters
23 perfect games
18 4-HR games
0 HR cycles

Im not sure how the hell we have managed to get to 17-10, and 3-0 in the current series against the dodgers!

I think it’s 16 on the injured list now, including both catchers and Yelich. Going for the sweep tonight with another mlb debutant pitching.

Im not sure how the hell we have managed to get to 17-10, and 3-0 in the current series against the dodgers!

I think it’s 16 on the injured list now, including both catchers and Yelich. Going for the sweep tonight with another mlb debutant pitching.

This didn't go well for him, we were 9-0 down with two grand slams conceded after 2 innings :LOL:

Your starting pitcher was excellent - John Means.

Shocker....A 76 year old manager doesn't know the rules

I have a photo (yes, I took it myself at Comiskey Park in 1980) of La Russa when he was 35 :).

Four game series, Jays at As starting tonight.
Good morrow to thee Sidney! Apologies for my absence, OI've actually just been away on something called...........a holiday!!!

FWIW IMO I thought the Jays look like a strong team. Young and very promising, so I suspect that if not this year, then in the next couple they will be contenders.

Good morrow to thee Sidney! Apologies for my absence, OI've actually just been away on something called...........a holiday!!!

FWIW IMO I thought the Jays look like a strong team. Young and very promising, so I suspect that if not this year, then in the next couple they will be contenders.

Hola, John!! Holiday? WTF is one of them 😂?

I think we did well to get a split at your gaff. Promising is the key word there; every team has rough spells during a season so let's see how they handle those. Jays are moving back to Buffalo on June 1st I believe, I hope that sparks a long unbeaten streak. The Buffalo Bisons are moving for this season and playing in Trenton, NJ. Their new uniforms will have to be made of kevlar 😂!!

Hola, John!! Holiday? WTF is one of them 😂?

I think we did well to get a split at your gaff. Promising is the key word there; every team has rough spells during a season so let's see how they handle those. Jays are moving back to Buffalo on June 1st I believe, I hope that sparks a long unbeaten streak. The Buffalo Bisons are moving for this season and playing in Trenton, NJ. Their new uniforms will have to be made of kevlar 😂!!
We had a cottage in Norfolk booked for November, then moved it to Jan, then Feb, then Apr and finally got to get there this last week. Just nice to get away from these four walls