PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Mobile phone repairs

Dr Marten

Patron
I got a new Samsung Galaxy S 3 mini last week. I know it's not the latest model but it's fine for my use. Anyway I cancelled the insurance straight away as I have insurance with my bank account.

Tonight I dropped it and smashed the screen, I'm gutted. I checked it and it appears in working order but obviously the screen needs replacing.

I've already looked at eBay for replacement screens which do not cost much, however despite claims they are easy to fit I have looked at a couple of Youtube vids and it seems a bit fiddly.

Does anybody know anybody know of any local places I can take it that are cheap and reliable?

The excess on my insurnace is £75 so obviously I'm looking to pay much less than that or I may as well make a claim.

Couple of places in town do it.

I smashed my iPhone screen, front and back, and got them both replaced for a combined fee of £50. That was at a shop opposite Squires on the corner of the indoor market.

You maybe be able to get it cheaper, but even at £50 it's less than your insurance excess.