PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Monarchy

Should the monarchy be abolished?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish him well must be very frightening. I know when my wife had a scare a few years back the dread it induces.
However the wall to wall coverage I'm seeing on the news is not going to help, he already knows of the good will but I reckon he'll want a bit of his version of normality and certainly not pity.
Back off media

Hopefully it’s been found at the very early stages. Finding cancers early gives the very best chance of good recovery. Best wishes to HRH and anybody else who has cancer.

Im no fan of the royal family, but wish Charles all the best

So do I but I also wish all the people I saw at RPH on Friday night, those lying on the corridor floor, some on trolleys. Went into another room, it was out of service operating theatre where there 5 or 6 seriously ill people sitting on plastic chairs, including a 97 year old man who had been in that room for 48 hours waiting for a bed, a woman who had been there 3 days.

The whole A & E area resembled nothing short of a war zone!

God bless you charles but my goodness what has this govt done to your subjects :(

So do I but I also wish all the people I saw at RPH on Friday night, those lying on the corridor floor, some on trolleys. Went into another room, it was out of service operating theatre where there 5 or 6 seriously ill people sitting on plastic chairs, including a 97 year old man who had been in that room for 48 hours waiting for a bed, a woman who had been there 3 days.

The whole A & E area resembled nothing short of a war zone!

God bless you charles but my goodness what has this govt done to your subjects :(

My experience of the RPH was terrible in 2010 to be fair. Not A&E, but the holding ward for patients urgently requiring triaging. We insisted on sitting in attendance for 3 days. Shambolic. The most stressful period of my life.

My experience of the RPH was terrible in 2010 to be fair. Not A&E, but the holding ward for patients urgently requiring triaging. We insisted on sitting in attendance for 3 days. Shambolic. The most stressful period of my life.
I completely relate to this, that experience and whats happened since has had a massively profound impact on my own mental health.

when you see someone who you love being treated so abysmally it sinks very deep.

None of that is a criticism of the staff working there, theyre running around an arm tied behind there back chasing their own arse going backward! Utter gems and how they put themsleves through this shit storm is something i doubt may of us will ever understand.

They cant even provide the patients with towels today as they have a shortage!

I completely relate to this, that experience and whats happened since has had a massively profound impact on my own mental health.

when you see someone who you love being treated so abysmally it sinks very deep.

None of that is a criticism of the staff working there, theyre running around an arm tied behind there back chasing their own arse going backward! Utter gems and how they put themsleves through this shit storm is something i doubt may of us will ever understand.

They cant even provide the patients with towels today as they have a shortage!

Our experiences of RPH have been that the staff were a mixed bag ranging from the very caring to the very uncaring and negligent. Generally, it was very much a case of, if you dont make a song and dance, you’ll get ignored and palmed off. Arguably, thats in the nature of an organsation that is constantly under stress and requiring to prioritise. Ward nurses were very much left to their own devices with minimal supervision, so we found you were very much at the mercy of the individual concerned and their dligence or otherwise. My experiences of RPH are now historic so maybe the staff now are improved across the board. Comparatively, my experience of out patient and in patient care in Bristol has been excellent, so theres every reason for me to believe the claim that standards vary a lot regionally .

Our experiences of RPH have been that the staff were a mixed bag ranging from the very caring to the very uncaring and negligent. Generally, it was very much a case of, if you dont make a song and dance, you’ll get ignored and palmed off. Arguably, thats in the nature of an organsation that is constantly under stress and requiring to prioritise. Ward nurses were very much left to their own devices with minimal supervision, so we found you were very much at the mercy of the individual concerned and their dligence or otherwise. My experiences of RPH are now historic so maybe the staff now are improved across the board. Comparatively, my experience of out patient and in patient care in Bristol has been excellent, so theres every reason for me to believe the claim that standards vary a lot regionally .
Exactly as I have found it at RPH and Chorley. Whoever shouts loudest gets a better service. Behaving like that is not in my nature but I was advised to and that's the only time we got results. We ended up contacting the PALS team which got action. You feel like you're telling on nurses who are already under stress and the last thing I wanted was to get people in trouble. But it seems when you're in the NHS system and it's your health at stake then it's every man for himself.

Fully agree with Gordon here myself. I get it's news and important news about The King but it doesn't need 24/7 more less news and updates about Harry coming over etc. We all wish him well but he is getting treatment and no doubt family will be looking out for him. There is not much else to report on anyway about it.

Fully agree with Gordon here myself. I get it's news and important news about The King but it doesn't need 24/7 more less news and updates about Harry coming over etc. We all wish him well but he is getting treatment and no doubt family will be looking out for him. There is not much else to report on anyway about it.
Yes, the updates about his son coming to visit him and whether he'll meet his brother is a bit over the top, does anyone really care? Its a family matter and they should be aloud a bit of privacy

Yes, the updates about his son coming to visit him and whether he'll meet his brother is a bit over the top, does anyone really care? Its a family matter and they should be aloud a bit of privacy
They seem to work on the basis that everybody does care. The vast majority of people will wish the King well as they would any person they know with cancer but will not be interested or comfortable with saturated coverage.
Just leads to unwelcome speculation.

They seem to work on the basis that everybody does care. The vast majority of people will wish the King well as they would any person they know with cancer but will not be interested or comfortable with saturated coverage.
Just leads to unwelcome speculation.
Also the constant Harry/ William speculation is painful.