PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Monarchy

Should the monarchy be abolished?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it's just how they sell their papers and mags.
That’s clearly the case. I don’t buy papers or mags that make such issues their primary focus. Freedom of choice whether or not anyone does,
If it dominates tv bulletins I have to switch off.
Sibling discord should not in my opinion be a major news story.

Not prostate cancer but discovered whilst investigating his prostate

How long were that doctor’s fingers?!?
Just to give you a heads up about how Charles's op is done, it is NOT arrived at by his rectum. the way to his enlarged prostate is via a steel probe which enters his penis at the tip and passed up the urethra to the prostate and is cut away and they are washed out of his system and look like small shrimps. This procedure may be called a "turp", which is transurethral resection of the prostate. I worked in theatre many years ago with a number of surgeons doing this procedure.

Just to give you a heads up about how Charles's op is done, it is NOT arrived at by his rectum. the way to his enlarged prostate is via a steel probe which enters his penis at the tip and passed up the urethra to the prostate and is cut away and they are washed out of his system and look like small shrimps. This procedure may be called a "turp", which is transurethral resection of the prostate. I worked in theatre many years ago with a number of surgeons doing this procedure.
FWIW, I’m well aware how a TURP is done, and I also think I’d rather deal with a prostate issue than have one even though I know how important they are 🫣

It’s also why I was very surprised that they found it through investigations. Because I couldn’t really imagine what else would be highlighted except maybe bladder. Unless it was found through bloods (or the prostate issue was a cover until he’d had appropriate investigations).

Just have to hope they’ve caught whatever it is early enough for effective treatment

I think if you are going to tell, literally, the world, that you have got cancer, then you may as well tell them what form of cancer it is and what stage it is at. The speculation will be relentless until he does.

The fact that Harry is coming over straight away , and the fact that he is not stating what form of cancer it is makes me conclude its a very concerning one- possibly pancreatic. Though bladder cancer would be the most obvious one to discover

I think if you are going to tell, literally, the world, that you have got cancer, then you may as well tell them what form of cancer it is and what stage it is at. The speculation will be relentless until he does.

The fact that Harry is coming over straight away , and the fact that he is not stating what form of cancer it is makes me conclude its a very concerning one- possibly pancreatic. Though bladder cancer would be the most obvious one to discover
Sometimes cancer is detected without knowing where it's from though.

6 months if it is ?
5% survival rate by year 5. Assuming you survive the 5 years, 3 of them will be grim to say the least. No idea if it is pancreatic, but if it was something relatively benign if caught at an early stage (such as prostate cancer), I imagine they would have released that information given the 99% 5 year survival rate if caught early. Guessing it’s somewhere in between the two extremes and if I were a bookie I’d pretty probably offer evens on him lasting 5 years.