Morecambe & Wise or Monty Python?

sliper

Forum Patron
Patron
Monty Python for me - have all the films on DVD*

* Disclaimer - I have never seen anything of Morecambe and Wise - they may be infinitely better without me knowing it 😊

I know in this divided world you shouldn't admit to loving both.

I still laugh at Batleys Womens Institute's re-enactment of Pearl Harbour.

sliper

Forum Patron
Patron
Yup - I was born in Barrow just before the boundary changes and my birth certificate says I am Lancastrian.

That said, I believe that someone born there is still Lancastrian because the county palatine was not affected by the administrative changes.

I remember Shaky saying "he was a member of the north Lancs jihad" and that he lived in "occupied" Lancashire. Cumbria wasn't even a place before the boundary changes. In those days you either came from Westmorland, Lancashire, Northumberland or Cumberland.. many still prefer these origins.

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
I remember Shaky saying "he was a member of the north Lancs jihad" and that he lived in "occupied" Lancashire. Cumbria wasn't even a place before the boundary changes. In those days you either came from Westmorland, Lancashire, Northumberland or Cumberland.. many still prefer these origins.
My uncle's family are farmers from Westmorland and refuse to call themselves Cumbrian!

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron
My uncle's family are farmers from Westmorland and refuse to call themselves Cumbrian!
Up until a few years ago, the Cumbria signs at the border with Lancashire, most notably the one just south of Burton in Kendal, were regularly defaced/vandalised. I always assumed it was something to do with the pre 1974 county boundaries. Some kind of protest movement.

noelpne

Manager
Benny's on Terrestial Ch.7 " That's TV Lancashire" & simultaneously Ch.91 " That's TV Gold ".
He was a Multi-Talented guy, and it's symptomatic of the - to me - hypocritical stance of a lot of people who would slag him off as both Racist & Sexist, yet be queing up to see someone like Sarah Milligan for £28.50 (at Lancaster the other evening) Her monologues can be very funny, but having "analysed" her humour, I find that it's Practically Identical to that Totally Politically Incorrect gentleman called- Roy "Chubby" Brown.
I challenge anyone to watch three or four recorded shows of BOTH artists and find the nub of their material to differ very much if at all.
Putting it 'their' way, Sarah Millican
is Roy"Chubby"Brown, but with t**s & a f***y instead of a c**k & b***s.
Oh yeh, and she's trendy & he's a sexist dinosaur.