PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Plastics Thread.

Absolutely spot on @Durutti. One of very few on here who can look at things logically without letting bitterness towards Rovers cloud their thinking. Fair play to you for standing your ground.

Rovers are miles ahead of Preston, whether people like it or not. Ask yourselves this, if there was a managerial vacancy this summer, would Preston have been able to attract JDT? Not a chance of it for me. JDT isn't some no mark appointment, as some are trying to imply. This is a title winner as a manager and a player. Lowe doesn't even come anywhere close in terms of pedigree, charisma, ambition, contacts or an eye for a player.

Of course there is a plan at Rovers. To bring through highly rated Academy products and have them supported by quality like Rothwell, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton. Some of those are moved on for big fees and new talent is found.

Now the project has gone up a gear with a European structure put in place via the Head Coach/DoF model. Rovers now find themselves looking at Scandinavian and other European talent as JDT brings in his own ideas. The plan is to go back up. That's in complete contrast to whatever Lowe and Ridsdale have in mind. Is there even a plan at North End? Which set of fans has more cause for optimism and excitement ahead of next season? Hence, who is light years ahead of the other when it comes to a plan?

The 'savvy DoF' Durutti refers to is the new man, Gregg Broughton. He's responsible for bringing JDT to the table and he means business, as will be seen over the next few weeks. He will be dealing with transfers/contracts from now on.

Why have Rovers transfer/contract dealings been poor over recent years? Because of people like Steve Waggott who don't know their arse from their elbow, people who have tried to call player's bluffs and have ended up looking stupid at the end of it. Broughton is in now though and he is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Rovers turned up at Deepdale last season and embarrassed PNE. A fact. Rovers finished above Preston last season. A fact. Rovers have a plan with a Head Coach/DoF in place and are aiming to go up. A fact.

Durutti isn't wrong on this.
JDT looks a decent appointment on the face of it but so did Cocu at Derby. I wouldn’t be getting carried away yet if I was a Rovers fan. There has been plenty of high profile appointments in this division that have led to nothing. Let’s see if the Venky’s decide to back their man for a start.

Rovers are not miles ahead of Preston in any way, shape or form. Both clubs have had a similar trajectory of late, you could argue North End have had the better with the higher placed finishes and no recent relegations to League 1.

The academy at Rovers is enviable but it’s the last piece of the legacy of Jack Walker, the rest has fallen to pieces. Unfortunately our billionaire owner didn’t see the benefit in one, whereas Jack did and it was a smart move.

As of yet Rovers have been linked to two Malmo players. One looks a quality addition if they get it done in Ahmedhodzic, the other looks like some over the hill, never cut it anywhere but Scandinavian, thirty odd year old. Long way to go work Admedhodzic, there is bound to be other interest in him. And I’ve seen Rovers sign countless decent centre halves and do absolutely fuck all.

If the scouring European talent you mention is JDT bringing in his buddies from Malmo, crack on cha. Nothing worth getting jealous about there and don’t kid yourselves it’s copying any Brentford model.

Rovers turned up at Deepdale last season and did a number, correct. Rovers finished above North End, correct. But it’s all irrelevant now, just as the countless times we turned them over and finished above them.

Rovers have appointed a decent manager but the proof will be in the pudding, will he deliver? Who knows?! My money is on no, it’ll be another higher midtable finish, no change at all.

Absolutely spot on @Durutti. One of very few on here who can look at things logically without letting bitterness towards Rovers cloud their thinking. Fair play to you for standing your ground.

Rovers are miles ahead of Preston, whether people like it or not. Ask yourselves this, if there was a managerial vacancy this summer, would Preston have been able to attract JDT? Not a chance of it for me. JDT isn't some no mark appointment, as some are trying to imply. This is a title winner as a manager and a player. Lowe doesn't even come anywhere close in terms of pedigree, charisma, ambition, contacts or an eye for a player.

Of course there is a plan at Rovers. To bring through highly rated Academy products and have them supported by quality like Rothwell, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton. Some of those are moved on for big fees and new talent is found.

Now the project has gone up a gear with a European structure put in place via the Head Coach/DoF model. Rovers now find themselves looking at Scandinavian and other European talent as JDT brings in his own ideas. The plan is to go back up. That's in complete contrast to whatever Lowe and Ridsdale have in mind. Is there even a plan at North End? Which set of fans has more cause for optimism and excitement ahead of next season? Hence, who is light years ahead of the other when it comes to a plan?

The 'savvy DoF' Durutti refers to is the new man, Gregg Broughton. He's responsible for bringing JDT to the table and he means business, as will be seen over the next few weeks. He will be dealing with transfers/contracts from now on.

Why have Rovers transfer/contract dealings been poor over recent years? Because of people like Steve Waggott who don't know their arse from their elbow, people who have tried to call player's bluffs and have ended up looking stupid at the end of it. Broughton is in now though and he is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Rovers turned up at Deepdale last season and embarrassed PNE. A fact. Rovers finished above Preston last season. A fact. Rovers have a plan with a Head Coach/DoF in place and are aiming to go up. A fact.

I still don't know about JDT. He did well at Malmo but they're one of the biggest clubs in their country so it's nothing groundbreaking. His other managerial jobs are nothing special.

I get why you're excited but nothing Blackburn are doing seems lightyears ahead of us. I've seen no proof that Blackburn are on a significant upwards trajectory. It's not like Brentford there was a clear plan and progression in place. It just feels like Blackburn have hit a massive reset because they weren't happy with progress under Mowbray. We don't know yet whether this will work but to say Blackburn are doing better just because they've changed the framework (and that's it) seems daft

£50 we finish above you.

You're after signing two Malmo players. Don't get giddy.

JDT looks a decent appointment on the face of it but so did Cocu at Derby. I wouldn’t be getting carried away yet if I was a Rovers fan. There has been plenty of high profile appointments in this division that have led to nothing. Let’s see if the Venky’s decide to back their man for a start.

Rovers are not miles ahead of Preston in any way, shape or form. Both clubs have had a similar trajectory of late, you could argue North End have had the better with the higher placed finishes and no recent relegations to League 1.

The academy at Rovers is enviable but it’s the last piece of the legacy of Jack Walker, the rest has fallen to pieces. Unfortunately our billionaire owner didn’t see the benefit in one, whereas Jack did and it was a smart move.

As of yet Rovers have been linked to two Malmo players. One looks a quality addition if they get it done in Ahmedhodzic, the other looks like some over the hill, never cut it anywhere but Scandinavian, thirty odd year old. Long way to go work Admedhodzic, there is bound to be other interest in him. And I’ve seen Rovers sign countless decent centre halves and do absolutely fuck all.

If the scouring European talent you mention is JDT bringing in his buddies from Malmo, crack on cha. Nothing worth getting jealous about there and don’t kid yourselves it’s copying any Brentford model.

Rovers turned up at Deepdale last season and did a number, correct. Rovers finished above North End, correct. But it’s all irrelevant now, just as the countless times we turned them over and finished above them.

Rovers have appointed a decent manager but the proof will be in the pudding, will he deliver? Who knows?! My money is on no, it’ll be another higher midtable finish, no change at all.

Exactly, the whole argument will only really be settled at the end of the season. I wish I had the faith some of you lot had in Lowe though, I can't see it at the moment.

Exactly, the whole argument will only really be settled at the end of the season. I wish I had the faith some of you lot had in Lowe though, I can't see it at the moment.
I don’t have the stats to hand but the improvement after Lowe was appointed was there for all to see.

He took Frankie’s dire side and if I’m right, had us sitting around 8th in the league for points won from January onwards.

If Lowe gets his players, I see no reason why we can’t kick on and challenge for the POs. Woodman on a permanent is a fantastic start, get the full backs in and Gray and I’m confident.

Get Archer back for a season and I firmly believe we’ll be in the PO running and ahead of Rovers regardless of what obscure league flat track bully manager they bring in.

They don't want to pay the compensation for the likes of Ainsworth, Manning and Critchley. Nigel Adkins is the man to keep a look out for.

Rovers fans were getting giddy over Farke and Carvalhal. The Lancashire Telegraph has just said both of them are out of the running. Their owners will never get them back in the Premier League. They just haven't got what it takes. Money, yes. Ambition, football knowledge? Absolutely not.

It's looking like another cheap, desperate appointment is going to be made by the chicken folk.

Very very contradictory posts. You are either on the wind up with your second post or don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

So much wrong with that I'm not sure where to start.

Nothing I or anyone else has said about Rovers is bitterness, we've nothing to be bitter about. We're almost identical in terms of size of club and crowds and sit in the same division as we have for most of the recent past. Basing your opinion on single games like last season at Deepdale is ridiculous. We hammered you 4 1 not that long ago. It happens.

Its nonsense to suggest JDT would not have been interested in the Preston job. You have absolutely no way of knowing that to be true. Also the new guy Broughton, how on Earth do you know he is going to do this awesome job, he's just come in & so has JDT, they have proven nothing so far. Talk about blind faith.

As I said previously, the only thing Rovers have over us is the academy. Whether we are right to not bother with an academy at that level and the costs that come with it or not is open to debate.

To claim you're better run than us when you have foreign owners that literally never visit, flirts with FFP avoided by selling assets to other Venky companies and no recent success on the pitch is absurd.

I don’t have the stats to hand but the improvement after Lowe was appointed was there for all to see.

He took Frankie’s dire side and if I’m right, had us sitting around 8th in the league for points won from January onwards.

If Lowe gets his players, I see no reason why we can’t kick on and challenge for the POs. Woodman on a permanent is a fantastic start, get the full backs in and Gray and I’m confident.

Get Archer back for a season and I firmly believe we’ll be in the PO running and ahead of Rovers regardless of what obscure league flat track bully manager they bring in.

For XG and performance we were much better for sure and we were floating around 9th. How much of that can be put down to new manager bounce I don't know. I hope I am wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another frustrating season but like I say, I hope I'm wrong.

A “clear plan and identity” in place which their own academy graduates don’t seem to be buying into.

This despite no one seemingly being the front runner to secure his services. He even went back to the negotiating table but has yet again walked away.

If North End had lost two key players, academy graduates on free transfers like they have with Lenihan and Nyambe and then another key player like Rothwell, we’d be calling the club fit to burn and our rivals calling us tinpot.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....burn-rovers-handed-ryan-nyambe-contract-blow/

Fair play. I actually meant it hypothetically, I don't bet but have to admire your enthusiasm. What's it based on?

Sorry I am not getting the North End positivity at the minute at all. Three signings in the Woodman vein might bring me into the Lowe is god crew but I just look at a lot of other teams this season, like Sunderland as an example and think, 'it's gonna be another mediocre one'. The division is definitely going to be tougher, surely?

I spent so much of last season under Lowe worried that tactically he doesn't have a clue.
Really?

He won 10 (40%), drew 9 (36%) and lost 6 (24%).

In other words, in 76% of his games, he picked up some form of points.

Yeah, Ryan Lowe tactically "doesn't have a clue" unlike the oracle that you so obviously are. 👀 :rolleyes:

You're a bloody lunatic.

Don't worry @Durutti, some of us respect your views on football. We don't all think you're a lunatic like @Jack Daniels does.

They'll be apologising to you in September when PNE are marooned in the bottom 3 and they are all calling for Lowey's head. Lowe, tactics? Do me a favour!

Don't worry @Durutti, some of us respect your views on football. We don't all think you're a lunatic like @Jack Daniels does.

They'll be apologising to you in September when PNE are marooned in the bottom 3 and they are all calling for Lowey's head. Lowe, tactics? Do me a favour!

Some of us? You mean the plastics fan over there?
Shame you lost your best three players. Bet you got loads for them. Oh wait….. great ‘plan’ right there! Let that sink in @Durutti

I thought you said Preston would finish 12th?

Really?

He won 10 (40%), drew 9 (36%) and lost 6 (24%).

In other words, in 76% of his games, he picked up some form of points.

Yeah, Ryan Lowe tactically "doesn't have a clue" unlike the oracle that you so obviously are. 👀 :rolleyes:

You're a bloody lunatic.

And there it is. You question Lowe, you're a bloody lunatic. 🤣🤣 Welcome to the fanboy forum.

The lack of goals or intent for goals in the first half of games, the obsession with wing backs at a club that doesn't have any, the methodical passing style that no Championship club has ever achieved promotion with, the focus on 'Championship experience' in this transfer window all worry me but hey, a 40% win ratio does put him up there with Paul Simpson.

I'm kidding obviously (although it's true in terms of him being level with Simmo). I am thinking the current 'Lowe is god' PNE fan obsession is built on sand but as I say, hope I am wrong.

And there it is. You question Lowe, you're a bloody lunatic. 🤣🤣 Welcome to the fanboy forum.

The lack of goals or intent for goals in the first half of games, the obsession with wing backs at a club that doesn't have any, the methodical passing style that no Championship club has ever achieved promotion with, the focus on 'Championship experience' in this transfer window all worry me but hey, a 40% win ratio does put him up there with Paul Simpson.

I'm kidding obviously (although it's true in terms of him being level with Simmo). I am thinking the current 'Lowe is god' PNE fan obsession is built on sand but as I say, hope I am wrong.
Just where we end up with Lowe at the helm remains to be seen but so far, he's brought a real connection with the fans that we've not seen since God knows when.
Season tickets(albeit at a reduced price ) are the best we've had since God knows when.
Give the man a break.

Just where we end up with Lowe at the helm remains to be seen but so far, he's brought a real connection with the fans that we've not seen since God knows when.
Season tickets(albeit at a reduced price ) are the best we've had since God knows when.
Give the man a break.

Absolutely spot on. There's no doubting that but that's if you go in for all of this 'connection' bollocks. I personally feel totally disconnected from the club still as they make shite decision after shite decision and it drives me mad. Some fans need that 'I'd go for a pint with them' stuff and some want results. Neither is wrong, neither is a lunatic, they just look to a different criteria.

That sort of connection thing turns sour pretty quickly if results aren't there. I'm simply saying that as days drag on, as the transfer window drags on and we have a new keeper (and he seems great) and are significantly weaker as a squad than last year, I just feel that so many are going to feel really let down by the coming season. And I will say it again, I hope I am wrong (thus giving the new manager a break and a chance to prove us naysayers wrong).