PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Moyes

Can anyone see this happening? Lots of unrest, fans unhappy, Manager making bizarre team selections,owner the less said the better. The Manager is the one who will take the hit and we don't look the same side at all and it's hard to see our next 1 point never mind 3. Could AN days be getting short? If so could Moyes be waiting in the Wings? He's at Deepdale most weeks and has no job, still local and the club is close to his Heart i believe.

I'd say it's highly unlikely. He's trying to rebuild his career which has been left pretty much in tatters after a series of poor club jobs. I can't imagine he wants to add a one way ticket to League One aboard the Good Ship PNE to his CV.

I'm not sure I'd have him back, as much as I love Moysie, right now anyway.

Either way, it is far too early to be sacking Neil.

If we go down to League 1 and Neil leaves, I'd have Moyes back if he'd come.

In my opinion, he needs to kick-start his career. Where better than a reasonably well-run club where he's already been successful that's looking for a lift itself?

Too early to be making threads like this though I think. Neil earnt some time after last season and I don't think he's entirely at fault at all for the current issues.

i'd love to see him back but right now we have a class manager... until he gets totally fed up

I also think we have a class Manager but with what's going on on and off, it's him that will take the hit either way. I can see us being Managerless if we go another 5 games with 5 losses. He isn't helping himself with his team selection imo. Where could Moyes really kick start his career? Imo, here at PNE wouldn't be a bad shout. He can work on a shoestring and showed at West Ham he can still do well as a Manager. He was sold short at Utd and Sunderland was a disaster for anyone who went there but would a Prem club really take a risk on him? West Ham did but where quick to get rid even though he stableized them.

We're probably not big enough for Sam.. Add to that, his salary and huge backroom staff he'd want, and I think he is a non starter.
No sense in panicking just yet, but Moyes and King. Billy could well be monitoring the situation at Deepdale.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near us anyway, but like Billy would even be interested in us - we're tighter now then we were when he was here and he fucked us off as we didn't spend enough then!

I am sure Moyes would be approached if AN left.
He still has a great fondness for the club judging by the number of home games he comes to.
He still lives in the area.
However I think he would only come if he thinks there is no longer any chance of him being offered a job by a big club.
Also the salary would be peanuts compared to what he is used to but I should imagine that he is financially very secure for the rest of his life.
Anyway all hypothetical as AN is our manager.

I think Moyes would be able to get these lads playing together again. But as many have said Neil is not at the sacking stage yet, but he will be aware of it being an option. I think defeat on Saturday, may see the Rope being ready for his PNE Career. This season is save able, but Playoff's I believe is not even remotely possible this season under Neil. Happy if he proves me wrong, be happy if he was replaced. the few games I have seen this season we just don't look like a team with any spirit. Personally I would give Neil till 3/4 games after Bodin and Maguire is back and see if things have changed.

If TH wanted the club in the prem and to stay there, then you would do no better than Moysie. He would build a squad from here and from across europe and produce a youth team ready to step up in 3/4/5 years time. He would be the dream ticket.

Sadly TH does not have that vision/ambition so it wont happen.

Fingers crossed someone takes over, who has the dream....then who knows. Chances are it will be to late and Moysie will be else where.

Moyes build a good squad that played fast flowing football. He was heavily backed in the transfer market (I think he still has the record signing).
Would he even have the energy to put in the effort to develop our promising youngsters?

Moyes ... fortune teller ?

Moyes ... fortune teller ?

While Moyes was in temporary charge at WHU he steered 10 million quid to his local team and granted a 4 1/2 year contract to an unproved player at prem level . Maybe he was told he was destined for deepdale ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or........

Maybe he stitched us up by taking our lynchpin away only to never play him.

could we have finished in the top 6 had he still been here?

While Moyes was in temporary charge at WHU he steered 10 million quid to his local team and granted a 4 1/2 year contract to an unproved player at prem level . Maybe he was told he was destined for deepdale ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He signed Jordan to prepare for relegation and life in the championship, as West ham knew we'd never sell to a rival.

Nothing more to it.

Saw an article recently where he referred to himself as still being one of the elite English managers. Can't see him wanting to come back here.

I think Moyes would be able to get these lads playing together again. But as many have said Neil is not at the sacking stage yet, but he will be aware of it being an option. I think defeat on Saturday, may see the Rope being ready for his PNE Career. This season is save able, but Playoff's I believe is not even remotely possible this season under Neil. Happy if he proves me wrong, be happy if he was replaced. the few games I have seen this season we just don't look like a team with any spirit. Personally I would give Neil till 3/4 games after Bodin and Maguire is back and see if things have changed.

3/4 games after Bodin is back could take us almost to the end of February, which may be a bit late to save the season. As for Moyes, realistically, I don't think there's any chance of him coming back here. He clearly still regards himself as a top manager and was only recently touting for the USA job.