Murder in Ribbleton

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
Problem nowadays is some smart arse barrister will defend him.
Hopefully, the Crown Prosecution appoints a smarter arse prosecution barrister.

It begs the question, do the ‘shoot em up” console games desensitise people.
This is a damn good question and I've had to think carefully about a response. In smaller communities like Preston, I agree that it probably doesn't. Here in Toronto, I am very sad to say that we are desensitized to events such as these because they're happening, quite literally, every day. That doesn't make it acceptable in any way, shape, or form but I could post endless links to the crap that happens here, as I say, DAILY!! I'm really sorry to say that news of another shooting, kidnapping, rape, child abuse, sex slave, mass murderer, nowadays rolls off me like water off the proverbial duck's back.

It just isn't right and I wish I could stop it.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Problem nowadays is some smart arse barrister will defend him, probably say he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and it was out of character. He'll get 20 years and be out in 10 still in his mid 30s!! Meanwhile this girl has lost her life and friends and family have to deal with the loss as well.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Problem nowadays is some smart arse barrister will defend him, probably say he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and it was out of character. He'll get 20 years and be out in 10 still in his mid 30s!! Meanwhile this girl has lost her life and friends and family have to deal with the loss as well.
I attended a murder trial for a several days before XMas (I knew the victim). The defendant had a smart arsed barrister who, as it turns out, wasn't as smart as he thought and just succeeded in making himself and his client look like scumbags. It backfired, the defendant was found guilty and sentenced to a minimum of 22 years. Sometimes the system works properly.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
What a tragic waste of life, wasted lives and shattered family's... R.I.P Rosie.

Aitch

Forum Patron
Patron
I attended a murder trial for a several days before XMas (I knew the victim). The defendant had a smart arsed barrister who, as it turns out, wasn't as smart as he thought and just succeeded in making himself and his client look like scumbags. It backfired, the defendant was found guilty and sentenced to a minimum of 22 years. Sometimes the system works properly.
If they get 22 years minimum though, does that not mean they are eligible for parole in 11 or am i understanding it wrong? For me if you commit murder and are sentenced to life, then it should mean just that.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
If they get 22 years minimum though, does that not mean they are eligible for parole in 11 or am i understanding it wrong? For me if you commit murder and are sentenced to life, then it should mean just that.
No it means that this particularly vicious young man will have to serve 22 years before he is even eligible for parole.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Even that is too soon. The person they murdered won’t be getting their life back ever, and murderers shouldn’t either.
It could have been less time. He was only 17 when he committed the murder. 22 years was a result that the victim's mother was content with. Given the summing up from the judge, the chances that he will get parole after 22 years seem slim at best. Meanwhile, I hope he is having a tough time in Belmarsh

Ando60

First Team
Even that is too soon. The person they murdered won’t be getting their life back ever, and murderers shouldn’t either.
Totally agree 100% Joan...... Life should mean life

In fact when its blatantly obvious who has committed the crime, i dont have any problem with capital punishment !

Ando60

First Team
It could have been less time. He was only 17 when he committed the murder. 22 years was a result that the victim's mother was content with. Given the summing up from the judge, the chances that he will get parole after 22 years seem slim at best. Meanwhile, I hope he is having a tough time in Belmarsh
sorry for the loss of your friend Essex..... Lets hope that " Justice " is being served in Belmarsh !

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
sorry for the loss of your friend Essex..... Lets hope that " Justice " is being served in Belmarsh !
I hope so too.....John, the murder victim, was my stepson's best friend. Theyd been thick as thieves from infant school onwards until John was shot dead at age 34 by someone he'd never seen before. John's mum is a close friend of Mrs E. Id only known John since he was 16.

It was tragic and has wrecked so many lives: his mother will never recover from this.

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
I hope so too.....John, the murder victim, was my stepson's best friend. Theyd been thick as thieves from infant school onwards until John was shot dead at age 34 by someone he'd never seen before. John's mum is a close friend of Mrs E. Id only known John since he was 16.

It was tragic and has wrecked so many lives: his mother will never recover from this.
That’s terrible. I feel so sad for the young mans family and friends and so angry toward the perpetrator. Will never understand why people would want to carry out an act like that.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
That’s terrible. I feel so sad for the young mans family and friends and so angry toward the perpetrator. Will never understand why people would want to carry out an act like that.
Hideous crimes like these wreck so many lives. The poor girl in Ribbleton's children, family, friends will have their lives blighted for ever and whatever punishment is handed down nothing will make amends.

Aitch

Forum Patron
Patron
I know it's a totally different kind of incident and not premeditated or intentional , but just seen the news where the guy who killed somebody by punching him in an unprovoked attack in Trafalgar Sq has just been sentenced for mansalughter and got 3 years 9 months. Unbelievable sentence for taking somebodys life!

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
I know it's a totally different kind of incident and not premeditated or intentional , but just seen the news where the guy who killed somebody by punching him in an unprovoked attack in Trafalgar Sq has just been sentenced for mansalughter and got 3 years 9 months. Unbelievable sentence for taking somebodys life!
It’s because it’s not pre meditated, anyone can get caught up in a situation and land a punch, but the intent to kill is not there, however if they go home and tool themselves up, that is a whole different ball game, no consolation to anyone whose child has been killed by a single punch, but that’s the way it is.

Mickypne

First Team
Hopefully he meets a certain Mr Bronson. Mr Bronson despises Rapists,Murderers(especially men who murder Women) and peados. Be nice if this Ben lad could be sent there to.

Awful story this, my lad is 10 and i couldn't bare to think of his life without his Mum.