PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Murder in Ribbleton

Joanpne

Patron
I am surprised no one has posted about the poor young woman that was “brutally” murdered in the early hours on Pope Lane. A 24 year old man has been arrested. I feel so sorry for the family especially for any children who may have lost their mummy. RIP young lady.

Absolutely tragedy for both families.
But what is it today where young men seem to have no issues in violence against women, thinking they have every right to control past or current partners.
I have met many people over the past few years who have suffered in this way, and there doesn’t appear to be anything being done to stop it.
I’m an old fart who was brought up never to hit a woman, I see it as a weakness in men who do, but the inability of those in power to control its social acceptance is very concerning.

this is weird

11.30 am

Police statement.

"A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man in Preston.

We were called at 2am today (7 February) to reports of an altercation on Pope Lane, Ribbleton.

Emergency services attended and the body of a man was found at the junction with Village Road. He was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

A 25 year old man from Preston has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody.
Enquiries are ongoing.

Then at 11.50am

“We are still at the very early stages of our investigation and our priority is getting in contact with the woman’s family.

“We know that she has been the victim of a brutal assault and we have a number of detectives working on finding out exactly what has happened to her.

"I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard anything in the area at the time to get in touch as soon as possible as you could have vital information that could help our investigation.

“The woman’s body remains where it was found whilst we carry out our forensic inquiries and this could take some time.

"I would like to reassure local residents that we are trying to keep disruption in the area to a minimum and we have stepped up patrols.

"If you have any concerns, please speak to an officer.”

As I understand Raefil the body was so battered the police thought it was a man, it was only as they examined the body further they realised it was a woman.
It is rumoured she had been attacked with a crowbar.
Absolutely horrendous.

As I understand Raefil the body was so battered the police thought it was a man, it was only as they examined the body further they realised it was a woman.
Absolutely horrendous.
FFS :(

Absolutely tragedy for both families.
But what is it today where young men seem to have no issues in violence against women, thinking they have every right to control past or current partners.
I have met many people over the past few years who have suffered in this way, and there doesn’t appear to be anything being done to stop it.
I’m an old fart who was brought up never to hit a woman, I see it as a weakness in men who do, but the inability of those in power to control its social acceptance is very concerning.

Absolutely it’s awful for both families.

I agree it’s dreadful but to be fair women can be as bad thinking they have the right to control past or current partners. Cut backs mean there is little anyone can or even want to do.

Absolutely horrendous.
I’ve heard she was hit with a crowbar too, literally round the corner from the daughters house. Shocking, absolutely shocking event. No one deserves to die like that.

she has been named now Rosie Elizabeth Derbyshire. Very pretty young woman, what an absolute unnecessary loss. I hope they throw the key away.

A good lot of my friends know her.

From what I have read, she was very well liked. My daughter lives round there, it’s horrific when something like that happens so close to home. Just where does such violence come from? I can’t get my head around it.

Rumour

Apparently the lad who’s been arrested is her boyfriend.
Yep. The description I heard was “he’s a bit of an arsehole but you wouldn’t have him down as a murderer” just shows you never can tell. Poor Girl. Terrible way to go, she has a son too apparently. Poor kid. can’t imagine what her family are going through.

But it’s not just her family northender, imagine if he was your son or brother or cousin, how are his family, they aren’t really to blame, they also must be going through some horrendous emotions.
He’s in custody, should they visit him, what a nightmare it must be for them also.
As a family will they be blamed?
It’s truly awful when you think about the effects it will have on relatives on all sides.

I am surprised no one has posted about the poor young woman that was “brutally” murdered in the early hours on Pope Lane. A 24 year old man has been arrested. I feel so sorry for the family especially for any children who may have lost their mummy. RIP young lady.
Think she has a 9 year old Joan. She hasn't been going out long with this fella from what i gather. Worked for William Hill's locally. Absolutely horrendous and like somebody else said, she was that badly beaten that at first they thought the body was a man. I didn't know her but i know a few of her work colleagues, and one mate was actually due to pick her up this morning to attend a course in Clitheroe. Hopefully her bloke gets put behind bars for life and gets a taste of his own medicine in there. RIP young lady ?

Horrible this, I recognise the girl but don't know her personally, even worse to hear she has a kid.

The details sound horrific, the key needs to be thrown away.

The details sound horrific, the key needs to be thrown away.
Problem nowadays is some smart arse barrister will defend him, probably say he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and it was out of character. He'll get 20 years and be out in 10 still in his mid 30s!! Meanwhile this girl has lost her life and friends and family have to deal with the loss as well.

Problem nowadays is some smart arse barrister will defend him, probably say he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and it was out of character. He'll get 20 years and be out in 10 still in his mid 30s!! Meanwhile this girl has lost her life and friends and family have to deal with the loss as well.

If it's the same guy my mate thinks it is, then he used to work with him and he says he's always been an absolute nutjob with anger issues.