PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

NBA

Only 11:24pm for me so have time to calm down a little before that becomes an issue thankfully. So so frustrating though. Gabe, Caleb and Duncan (until the two missed threes) were fantastic. Jimmy was pathetic. Bam...worse.
5:30am and I’m still thinking about Duncan’s missed 3’s and no boxing out.

Refs were absolutely disgusting all game too.

I’m a Celtics fan and was also wide awake at ridiculous times, got to sleep at about 5am. That game took several years off my life I’m convinced, to be up 10 with about 4 minutes left to down 1 with 3 seconds to go I was sure it was over. Not boxing out or trying to crash the glass on a desperate 3 attempt by Smart is inexcusable on Miami’s part.

Looking forward to game 7, have no doubts it will be a nervy and scrappy game. I just have a feeling that whoever makes the finals will get beat by Denver quite comfortably, they have looked incredible throughout the post season and will be well rested.

I’m a Celtics fan and was also wide awake at ridiculous times, got to sleep at about 5am. That game took several years off my life I’m convinced, to be up 10 with about 4 minutes left to down 1 with 3 seconds to go I was sure it was over. Not boxing out or trying to crash the glass on a desperate 3 attempt by Smart is inexcusable on Miami’s part.

Looking forward to game 7, have no doubts it will be a nervy and scrappy game. I just have a feeling that whoever makes the finals will get beat by Denver quite comfortably, they have looked incredible throughout the post season and will be well rested.
It’s over mate, no coming back from that kind of loss I don’t think. Jimmy looks absolutely gassed, need him to drop at least 40 to have a chance I reckon.

Poor start from Boston, their home record the last couple of postseasons makes North end’s look good. I’d much rather have got swept then be filled with hope after winning 3 straight. Relatively early doors, but right now I can only see a Miami win.

Congratulations @BPIG, played a great game. Butler won Eastern Conference Finals MVP, however I thought Caleb Martin deserved it, feels like he hasn’t missed a shot all series, he’s really emerged these playoffs.

The game may have been different if Tatum didn’t turn his ankle on the first play of the game but that can’t be used as an excuse, Miami outplayed Boston start to finish.

Not sure what is next for the Celtics, Brown had his worst game this playoffs which is certainly saying something as he’s been pretty terrible throughout. He’s eligible and will expect a $300 million dollar extension. He can only get that amount of money with Boston. If I was running the show, I would stay clear of it, but that would mean we’d have to trade him or lose him for free. My worry is that his trade value has tanked after the post season he has had.

Good luck to Miami in the finals against Denver, I did say previously the Nuggets have the edge over whoever would come of the East, but you never know, basketball can be as unpredictable as football, as shown by the 8th seed making the finals after being written off every series they’ve been in this year.

Apologies for the long message, I really like talking basketball lmao

Got up at 5:30 to watch it before work. Fully expected to get blown out and I think Tatum’s injury definitely helped but what a performance from Caleb Martin again, I agree with Mark I thought he deserved ECFMVP. 73.8% true shooting percentage is absolutely insane.

Think the major difference tonight was having Spo over a rookie coach, the adjustments he made tonight were perfect.

Sleep pattern is gonna be a mess the next couple of weeks, thankfully I’ve got Friday off so Game 1 should be easy enough. Just hope we can nick one in Denver but Joker and Murray are so good.

Got up at 5:30 to watch it before work. Fully expected to get blown out and I think Tatum’s injury definitely helped but what a performance from Caleb Martin again, I agree with Mark I thought he deserved ECFMVP. 73.8% true shooting percentage is absolutely insane.

Think the major difference tonight was having Spo over a rookie coach, the adjustments he made tonight were perfect.

Sleep pattern is gonna be a mess the next couple of weeks, thankfully I’ve got Friday off so Game 1 should be easy enough. Just hope we can nick one in Denver but Joker and Murray are so good.
Spoelstra is one of the all time greats, he’s outmatched each coach he has gone against this postseason. Denver’s home advantage is like nobody else’s, I believe the altitude difference effects the away players, so stealing a game in Denver is some task but one I think you can do.

Basketball is worth fucking up your sleep schedule, nothing better then hearing birds chirping after a soul crushing defeat.

Spoelstra is one of the all time greats, he’s outmatched each coach he has gone against this postseason. Denver’s home advantage is like nobody else’s, I believe the altitude difference effects the away players, so stealing a game in Denver is some task but one I think you can do.

Basketball is worth fucking up your sleep schedule, nothing better then hearing birds chirping after a soul crushing defeat.
Spoelstra has come a long way and proven a lot of people wrong since being named head coach. Moat folks thought Riley was crazy when he did it.

When I was still lying awake at 6:30am on Sunday morning after that White tip in I thought "well at least I only have to do this one more time until October!"

Yeah gonna be a tough series, think we might be able to take Game 1 with them not having played for over a week and potentially not being fully sharp but I reckon Denver takes it in 6 games.

Brutal half for Max Strus. Think we’ve been good on offence but the shots just aren’t dropping at the moment. Ball movement has been good and finding wide open shooters.

Defence is a struggle, they’re just fucking massive at every position. Hope Cody Zeller gets no more minutes all series. Think we just need to let Jokic go one on one against Bam and not allow him to playmake.

Caleb Martin and Max Strus shoot how they shot against Boston and that games certainly a lot closer. You’d like to think they won’t shoot so poorly again. Denver’s size is a huge advantage literally, their small forward is 6”10, absolutely ridiculous.

You will struggle to play your effective zone defense when Jokic is on the floor because he’s the best passing big man arguably of all time so will just deconstruct whatever zone is thrown at him, he is a really intelligent player. I thought Embiid deserved MVP, but he’s very lucky it’s just a regular season award, as Jokic has shown throughout the playoffs that he is actually the best player in the NBA.

Game 1’s are the least impactful game in a series, think the general consensus is that it’s just a game to feel out your opponent so I wouldn’t be too worried. I’m sure Spo will make the required adjustments to slow down Denver’s high powered offense, but what he can’t do is knock down your shooters shots, they simply have to be better.

I certainly don’t envy the high and low emotions that fans go through during a final’s game, Boston game 4 against Golden State last year destroyed me.

Love back in the starting 5 over Caleb. Interesting one given Love got zero minutes in Game 1. Hopefully Spo has cooked something up.

Great start to the 2nd half. Not sure how long we can keep up this 3 point shooting though. Wish Jimmy would actually look at the basket at some point.