PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

NBA

Jimmy turned his ankle against the Knicks I think? That’ll still be bothering him which is unfortunate. 1-1 series heading back to Miami for 2 games is great for the Heat.

I do not understand how Strus is getting so many minutes over Duncan this series. He’s been absolutely awful and is getting absolutely destroyed defensively.

The undrafted players looking like it tonight.

Nice dream while it lasted. Congrats to Denver.
Yeah the best team by a distance won. Frustrating last game as I felt like it was massively there for the taking but I'm glad it's over now rather than just delaying the inevitable and I can get back to a normal sleep pattern.

Bradley Beal to Phoenix is certainly something. Not sure how that’s going to work, saw that Miami were in the sweepstakes for him as well. Think that’s a potential bullet dodged, while he is a good player, his contract is an eyesore. Averaging 51 million dollars a year, with him making 57 million in his final year in the 26/27 season. God knows what sort of player he could be by then.

Smaller market teams such as Washington must be soul destroying to support/follow, they have to massively overpay their fringe all star players just to get them to stay in their organisation. Even when they do keep these Beal type players they either lose in the first round of the playoffs or don’t make them at all.
Not being good enough to have a chance of making the later rounds of the playoffs, but not being bad enough to get a higher draft pick is most definitely the worst place to be in American sports.

Bradley Beal to Phoenix is certainly something. Not sure how that’s going to work, saw that Miami were in the sweepstakes for him as well. Think that’s a potential bullet dodged, while he is a good player, his contract is an eyesore. Averaging 51 million dollars a year, with him making 57 million in his final year in the 26/27 season. God knows what sort of player he could be by then.

Smaller market teams such as Washington must be soul destroying to support/follow, they have to massively overpay their fringe all star players just to get them to stay in their organisation. Even when they do keep these Beal type players they either lose in the first round of the playoffs or don’t make them at all.
Not being good enough to have a chance of making the later rounds of the playoffs, but not being bad enough to get a higher draft pick is most definitely the worst place to be in American sports.
Yep - I just hope we can pull of the Dame Lillard trade. That, and keep together most of the current roster with a couple smaller changes and I will be feeling great

Yep - I just hope we can pull of the Dame Lillard trade. That, and keep together most of the current roster with a couple smaller changes and I will be feeling great
Just seen the news that they’re putting together a trade to try and get Bam to Portland 😂

Good luck with that one. Gonna be an interesting few weeks.

Big trade involving Washington again.

Boston get- Porzingis, pick no. 25 this year, and a 2024 first rounder
Memphis get- Marcus Smart
Washington get- Tyus Jones (from Memphis), Gallinari and Muscala (from Boston) and the 35th overall pick this year

Not sure what to think of the trade from a Boston stand point. Smart is the last guard i’d have expected to be traded, he’s the heart and soul of the organisation and was the longest serving Celtic player. I’m pretty upset he’s gone.

Porzingis is coming off a career year I believe and our front office must think he’s a good fit. What worries me is his availability. He has had injury concerns throughout his career, compare that to Smart who, despite his flopping tendencies, would play through anything.

I don’t think Boston are finished making trades, I highly doubt we own those 2 first rounders and Brogdon by the start of the draft tonight. Brad Stevens since becoming GM has shown he is absolutely ruthless and will do whatever he believes makes the team better.

On paper this trade seems good for all 3 teams, I just hope this finally moves the needle for Boston and gets us a ring.