PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Need Covid passport

So, taking the discussion back to Deepdale, I'd be safer whilst watching the game but not going inside at HT for a break.
Do I keep this bloody mask on just for initially getting to my seat / leaving the Ground ?
You’re supposed to wear it on the concourse, although the word obliged is more correct than supposed. Going to your seat is personal preference.

But it’s an UNKNOWN at the moment isn’t it and so the scientists and public health officials are advising for now that we should be careful until we’re confident it won’t pose a major threat. Reports from South Africa stated that the new variant was a real risk to very young children. What if that turned out to be correct?

Apparently the first two jabs give only a small amount of protection from the omicron variant and so they’re encouraging people to protect themselves by getting a booster.

I cant see the problem with all of us just accepting that this is a once in a lifetime pandemic and that we should all take simple, sensible mitigating measures to tackle it for everyone’s sake. Teamwork.

Better to wear the masks in shops etc rather than have this new variant spread out of control resulting in an overwhelmed NHS and the threat of another lockdown and the economy hit for six again.
No it isn’t an unknown, the evidence so far suggests that it’s mild compared to other variants. And is definitely know that vaccines are 75% effective. Compare that the flu vaccine that’s 60% effective.

No it isn’t an unknown, the evidence so far suggests that it’s mild compared to other variants. And is definitely know that vaccines are 75% effective. Compare that the flu vaccine that’s 60% effective.
Ha ha.

A new variant appears and you know immediately that it poses virtually no threat.

Hope you’ve shared your knowledge with the government scientists and health officials.

They’re expecting far more fully vaccinated people to become hospitalised by it.

As I said we’re in unknown territory at the moment.

Ha ha.

A new variant appears and you know immediately that it poses virtually no threat.

Hope you’ve shared your knowledge with the government scientists and health officials.

They’re expecting far more fully vaccinated people to become hospitalised by it.

As I said we’re in unknown territory at the moment.
I didn’t say no threat, please don’t put words in my mouth. I said that being fully vaccinated Is 75% effective and that illness is mild relative to other strains.
It’s not me saying that, it’s South African medics who have as much experience with omicron as anybody. Couple that with the fact that Omicron has now spread to over 40 countries and as yet there hasn’t been single reported case of serious illness, hospitalisation or death.

That’s something that really needs emphasising. A bit of cloth over your mouth has a negligible impact, a proper mask (of preferably FFP2 standard or above) makes a real difference.

View attachment 5477

I saw someone wearing a level 5 mask at the very start of the pandemic, I just can't see people wearing anything other than level 1&2 now.

I didn’t say no threat, please don’t put words in my mouth. I said that being fully vaccinated Is 75% effective and that illness is mild relative to other strains.
It’s not me saying that, it’s South African medics who have as much experience with omicron as anybody. Couple that with the fact that Omicron has now spread to over 40 countries and as yet there hasn’t been single reported case of serious illness, hospitalisation or death.
There are hospitalizations, and I believe one death from something I read yesterday.

Would the variant be noted if covid is identified as the cause of death or simply the covid virus generic ?

Would the variant be noted if covid is identified as the cause of death or simply the covid virus generic ?
They can identify the variant (using SGTF) whether the patient is alive or dead. Given the current interest in omicron, I'm sure they'll be paying close attention to which variant it is right now.

In a few weeks they won't have to, because omicron is forecast to become dominant by then.

there are literally thousands of studies that prove they do help, cant link you to them all but heres a few

not suggesting they reduce transmission to zero but even someone with limited knowledge must admit if someone sneezed its going to go less distance if they are wearing a mask, basic physics shows us that.
Thing is physics also tells us that the fine aerosols that are the main cause of covid spreading will get through cloth masks and blue masks like a mosquito through a football net. And that snot ball on the inside of your mask? Well, it evaporates into fine aerosols and they get through, potentially in a concentrated cloud. Devil in the detail.

Ps if it's so obvious that community masking works, why did Govenrment scientists state that masks in the community are likely to have little or no impact on spread but will have an important psychological impact. It's in SPI-B minutes. Just saying.

Disappointing level of compliance with mask wearing on the AKTE concourse yesterday (probably about 10% at best), despite the club saying this on 10 Dec:

".......supporters will now need to wear a face covering while on the concourse at Deepdale, unless eating or drinking. These must be worn by all supporters over the age of 11, unless medically exempt, while on the concourse until entering the stadium bowl."

I appreciate this was very short notice and many fans probably simply forgot to bring a mask but I would hope there is a greater uptake for the next home game, when, of course, the pass will also be needed.

Disappointing level of compliance with mask wearing on the AKTE concourse yesterday (probably about 10% at best), despite the club saying this on 10 Dec:

".......supporters will now need to wear a face covering while on the concourse at Deepdale, unless eating or drinking. These must be worn by all supporters over the age of 11, unless medically exempt, while on the concourse until entering the stadium bowl."

I appreciate this was very short notice and many fans probably simply forgot to bring a mask but I would hope there is a greater uptake for the next home game, when, of course, the pass will also be needed.
The stewards were checking on the way in on the Invincibles. At the end of the game, at least a couple of stewards didn’t seem overly bothered going by the fact they weren’t wearing one themselves.

they were asking people if they had asks at the turnstiles on the town end, and id say it was much higher than 10%, id guess about half to 2 thirds of people has masks on when I walked through the concourse, obviously some were eating/drinking so weren't wearing their masks but i quickly walked through to my seat and didn't hang around inside for too long
I think after the game there were less wearing them, maybe people forgot to put them back on after the game finished but i also saw a couple of stewards on the stairs not wearing masks