PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Need to get something off my chest

Thanks guys, I had my regular 2 minutes on facetime with Matthew last night! 😂

Your kind words have helped me rationalise things a bit more over recent days, its very difficult but it won't be forever.

But don't even get me started about the home form! 😉

Thanks guys, I had my regular 2 minutes on facetime with Matthew last night! 😂

Your kind words have helped me rationalise things a bit more over recent days, its very difficult but it won't be forever.

But don't even get me started about the home form! 😉
Control the controllables. We can’t do anything about the home form!!

Yeah not bad, ups and downs. As I said in a previous post getting my thoughts down felt helpful.

Cheers for asking Jake.
Am glad you’ve found something that at least feels it helps and gives an outlet even a little bit. It’s that helplessness when you can’t even see a way to change anything that I think often hurts us even more than what is getting us in the state in the first place.

I understand MB, I wish it were that simple for you both. If I saw the world through your brother’s eyes I would have complex behaviour too, the frustration he must feel is unimaginable. All I can say is, I hope you get to spend time together very soon but, at least it’s good to be able to vent and get it off your chest.

Struggling tonight folks. I think it's with Christmas approaching, it's all over the telly and the supermarkets. By a distance it's Matthew's favourite time of year and his joy for the season is infectious. I just wish I could see him, the prospect of seemingly unending lockdowns makes me feel physically sick.

I can feel this mood pulling me under tonight so wanted to get this down here, I've definitely found that sharing semi-anonymously on here is a great form of catharsis.

Cheers,

MB.

Struggling tonight folks. I think it's with Christmas approaching, it's all over the telly and the supermarkets. By a distance it's Matthew's favourite time of year and his joy for the season is infectious. I just wish I could see him, the prospect of seemingly unending lockdowns makes me feel physically sick.

I can feel this mood pulling me under tonight so wanted to get this down here, I've definitely found that sharing semi-anonymously on here is a great form of catharsis.

Cheers,

MB.
Christmas is always a tough time for many people. You’re definitely not on your own there.

Keep going pal, and keep talking 👍🏻

Cheers,

MB.
I don't know you, and I can't possibly know your world, but you're in a position to offer help (on that other thread!) to other people, with your empathy, so keep writing this stuff down and keep your chin up.

Are you in a position for him to come home for Christmas should the guidelines allow it?
He'll be with my parents over Christmas. I'm waiting to hear what the guidance is for Christmas day but I have everything crossed that I'll see him then. Still feels like a very long time away though. I'm remaining hopeful though.

Thanks for sharing and caring as I am sure there are many many people with very similar concerns but nowhere to take them. a brave 1st step.

Living in a household of 6 then the 'rule of 6' means I haven't met any of my wider family or wifes family since Christmas Eve and so only speaking to the same people day after day can be stressful but compensated by knowing we are safe and cant infect each other...
Work conversations are ok (via Zoom) but limited.. telephone chats are a good release...better than social media texts etc.

Looks like being the 2nd Christmas when my wifes brother (who is recovering from covid) cant come home from Germany for Christmas and she is upset and anxious about not seeing him like others are about not seeing siblings; parents; children....

I'm sure anyone off the forum could PM any one of us to arrange 1 - 1 chats if that feels safe and helpful.....like davyhulme offered on the other thread. WE are here for each other.

Cheers,

MB.
Tough time of year for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. But glad to see you, and others on other threads, feeling some benefit from talking, and importantly getting some support.

I'm not really a huge fan of Christmas, it was difficult when we were younger due to all the challenges we faced as a family with my brother and his very unique needs.

But, I have never been more excited than I am for Christmas this year, we'll be forming a bubble with my parents, my brother will be home the whole time and I'll FINALLY get to see him.

It feels amazing to finally have light at the end of this tunnel!

I'm not really a huge fan of Christmas, it was difficult when we were younger due to all the challenges we faced as a family with my brother and his very unique needs.

But, I have never been more excited than I am for Christmas this year, we'll be forming a bubble with my parents, my brother will be home the whole time and I'll FINALLY get to see him.

In someways we are the opposite, Christmas is one of the most important times for me and my family - its a time were giving to others is allowed without any questions. I love the giving part!

Having said that this year will only be the 6 of us (our direct household) as having 2 medically vulnerable children with complex special needs it is not safe, in our opinion, to expose them even to 2 other family bubbles, especially seeing as we have kept them away from their special school for tier 3 / lockdown shielding.... We will be happy knowing they are safe.

However it is great to read your excitement for the season and the circumstances that allow it to be special in a new way.

I hope it turns out a great time for all of you. Thanks for sharing.

That's amazing news. Really happy for you

I’m really happy for you all. I hope you have the best Christmas ever.

In someways we are the opposite, Christmas is one of the most important times for me and my family - its a time were giving to others is allowed without any questions. I love the giving part.
I’m more of a taker meself!

Good to read that. I hope you have the best time ever 👍🏻