PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil’s post match comments

In the comments the manager seems to be taking much of the flak.

However, I refer to this tweet from a poster that I respect :

Specifically
"Are they playing for him?"

Although I have never strayed into this area before, it has crossed my mind more than once that there is limited advantage in a lot of the players reaching the play-offs. Last year and the year before I considered this point.

It didn't used to be this way. The two main changes for me are i) EPL quality gap and ii) influence of agents

In the comments the manager seems to be taking much of the flak.

However, I refer to this tweet from a poster that I respect :

Specifically
"Are they playing for him?"

Although I have never strayed into this area before, it has crossed my mind more than once that there is limited advantage in a lot of the players reaching the play-offs. Last year and the year before I considered this point.

It didn't used to be this way. The two main changes for me are i) EPL quality gap and ii) influence of agents

Worthington hasn't posted on here for 12 months.
Glad to see he's still around.
Nice one.

And yet on Sky Sports News he said that wouldn't have happened if we had 11 men.

Even with 11 men, we weren't in the game at all and were 2nd best. It was only a matter of time before Blackburn scored.

Did I not read somewhere last night that AN said at 2-0 the players could be heard shouting lets get at them and AN reeled them in because he thought if we couldn't get near them with 11, then we'd no chance with 10 and he wanted to keep us compact. That just about sums us up. Play to a rigid defensive formation and keep tight. At 0-0 we always have a chance. Yet we still can't keep a clean sheet and plan B is plan A ffs

Did I not read somewhere last night that AN said at 2-0 the players could be heard shouting lets get at them and AN reeled them in because he thought if we couldn't get near them with 11, then we'd no chance with 10 and he wanted to keep us compact. That just about sums us up. Play to a rigid defensive formation and keep tight. At 0-0 we always have a chance. Yet we still can't keep a clean sheet and plan B is plan A ffs
Once it goes 2-0, some of the players were making noises about getting up and going after it.
he did indeed.
"I was saying you couldn't get it well enough with 11 men, so my task sometimes is to try and protect you - I will take the all the flak for that which is normal.
"I do believe that if we went after the ball it would be more damaging for us."
along with basically saying the players arent good enough.

"The game took shape the way I expected it to. We have found it difficult to build from the back because of the people who have been missing of late, we don't have any natural balance in the team.
"The four lads at the back are all right-footed and we are a transition team at the moment, that is where we are with what we have got.
So it seems the players wanted to go for it but Alexc Neil said no.

Somebody is concerned only about his own position rather than risking a drubbing going down fighting.

I was irritated at first, but then when you think about it, and you look at our bench and the impact of injuries, you can start to understand it.
So why not bring on your 5 substitutes when you have been calling for this rule for weeks ? We have no full backs available for Saturday. He kept Fisher on too long last night as he did with Hughes the other week. For the last few years we have reached this point of the season with half the first team injured. It is clear to all that playing one up front does not work yet we persevere. Hopeless 🤷🏼‍♂️

So why not bring on your 5 substitutes when you have been calling for this rule for weeks ? We have no full backs available for Saturday. He kept Fisher on too long last night as he did with Hughes the other week. For the last few years we have reached this point of the season with half the first team injured. It is clear to all that playing one up front does not work yet we persevere. Hopeless 🤷🏼‍♂️
Fisher isn’t available cos he’s banned not because he was left on the pitch too long

Well that's a good point. I was amazed last night he didn't bring anyone earlier, but again, with a bench of youth players, he's likely trying to protect them. Not making excuses for AN because it's a disaster at the moment, just trying to offer a different perspective.

I wanted Him to go during the game
But after listening to his interview on Radio lancs If I was the owner I would have sacked him straight after that interview!
He blames the players for the result and took no blame himself at all! He clearly tells us there is a rift between him & his negative tactics and the players!

He says the players wanted to have a go at Blackburn but I told them No! If you do that you will get well beat by a team like Blackburn who pass the ball so well
(Err we got beat 3.0 & it could have been 5 or 6!?)
No you keep your shape he tells them and try to stay in the game and if your still in the game you have a go in the last 10 min!
That was enough for me Goodbye AN
and take your negative boring tactics with you
New manager please who will take the shackles of my team and let them play some football.
Of all the managers we have had AN is a right curaits egg we have had some of the best team performances but mostly some of the worst I can remember.
Thanks for the best but the worst are too bad esp at home for you to still be manager of PNE.