PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil Critchley to be sacked (Quits to become Villa Coach)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone needs to change the thread title.

He's just signed a new four and a half year deal keeping him at the club until 2026.

Spiffing.
Welcome back. However, I do hope that you're not going to be a frequent visitor to this forum. So, conveying my thoughts as eloquently as possible, could you please desist from using this forum as a vehicle for your usual inane ramblings. If, that is too difficult for you to understand, then fuck off, hopefully on a permanent basis.

Lashers are talking about promotion etc. Things can change very quickly in the championship, I do hope they look right tits in a few weeks languishing in mid table and talking of another boycott.

Lashers are talking about promotion etc. Things can change very quickly in the championship, I do hope they look right tits in a few weeks languishing in mid table and talking of another boycott.
Most aren't, we're happy here for now. This season's all about consolidating...oh and beating you lot. Job half done... 😊

We're gonna have tough times for sure, and will almost certainly lose a few on the bounce at some point, but it's primarily about consolidating, staying up...and beating the Nobbers😉. Anything beyond those objectives is a bonus.. 🤷‍♂️
(feet firmly on the ground, let's keep the bar low...as in tubbing the Nobbers at Sheepdale! 😁)
What delicious irony.

We're gonna have tough times for sure, and will almost certainly lose a few on the bounce at some point, but it's primarily about consolidating, staying up...and beating the Nobbers😉. Anything beyond those objectives is a bonus.. 🤷‍♂️
(feet firmly on the ground, let's keep the bar low...as in tubbing the Nobbers at Sheepdale! 😁)

By March next year we'll be back on an even keel (y).

Or sunk without trace; I'm undecided at the minute 😂

I hate to say it but I’ve always kinda liked you Sats. You are a likeable Lasher.

On the other hand that silly one, WeBPENIS is a right cock.

Still think there might be rough patches to come for us. It's such a tough division because games are often decided by one goal. I'd take anything above the relegation zone but get the feeling NC and the team wouldn't settle for that.

Still think there might be rough patches to come for us. It's such a tough division because games are often decided by one goal. I'd take anything above the relegation zone but get the feeling NC and the team wouldn't settle for that.
There's definitely some rough patches ahead, it's a crazy league as you allude to. But I don't think you're in any real danger of going down.

Critchley has done an amazing job and there's elements of that season under Holloway, albeit more about tactical nous from Critchley in my view.

I still maintain that it's a relegation battle squad and he's working absolute wonders. There are some decent players in there in Lavery and Yates but for the most part, it's poor at this level. Just shows what a decent manager can do and I firmly believe he's a top manager.

Your new avatar is brilliant - one of the best midfielders I ever had the pleasure of watching (even when he tore us eleven new ones in August 1967)
There's definitely some rough patches ahead, it's a crazy league as you allude to. But I don't think you're in any real danger of going down.

Critchley has done an amazing job and there's elements of that season under Holloway, albeit more about tactical nous from Critchley in my view.

I still maintain that it's a relegation battle squad and he's working absolute wonders. There are some decent players in there in Lavery and Yates but for the most part, it's poor at this level. Just shows what a decent manager can do and I firmly believe he's a top manager.
Sadly I only saw him play once, as I was still a young kid and the family had no interest in football! 😏. People of a certain age still talk about him though as the greatest footballer they ever saw play for us at Bloomfield road. He lasted barely 12 months at Newcastle before injury finished him at 26,but again Geordies of a certain age still revere him as a great, so he must've made a big impression with them in his short time there. That was my first football kit(1969)and I still have those socks, with the 2 tangerine bands! My late mum darned the feet so many times that there's more darn than sock! 😂 I won't throw them though... 🙂

Sadly I only saw him play once, as I was still a young kid and the family had no interest in football! 😏. People of a certain age still talk about him though as the greatest footballer they ever saw play for us at Bloomfield road. He lasted barely 12 months at Newcastle before injury finished him at 26,but again Geordies of a certain age still revere him as a great, so he must've made a big impression with them in his short time there. That was my first football kit(1969)and I still have those socks, with the 2 tangerine bands! My late mum darned the feet so many times that there's more darn than sock! 😂 I won't throw them though... 🙂

I was 17 at the time and I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching, it was a master class in ripping a defence apart. Terrible shame that he had to quit after the Newcastle United therapy of treating an ACL consisted of running up and down the terraces. With any halfway decent treatment he'd have played a lot longer.

(you do know that those Blackpool socks are worth nowt ;))

I was 17 at the time and I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching, it was a master class in ripping a defence apart. Terrible shame that he had to quit after the Newcastle United therapy of treating an ACL consisted of running up and down the terraces. With any halfway decent treatment he'd have played a lot longer.
Yeh today it would've been a fairly standard injury and he'd be back playing quite quickly, but 50 years ago it was often career ending...sadly so in Green's case! ☹️

Thread 'Club statement regarding policing at home matches.' https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/club-statement-regarding-policing-at-home-matches.26152/
Tbh I don't think either club or sets of fans were happy about this.. 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.