• No

Votes: 96 36.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 63 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
It’s exactly as you say, from reinvestment. They reinvest into big money signings, which would give him a much greater chance at being successful than here, where very little money is reinvested into the squad.
I get that, but do you honestly think BCFC are as good now as they were 3 seasons ago before their 'better players' were sold?

Is the reinvestment at a lower level than their leavers or has Johnson just been a crap manager ?

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
I get that, but do you honestly think BCFC are as good now as they were 3 seasons ago before their 'better players' were sold?

Is the reinvestment at a lower level than their leavers or has Johnson just been a crap manager ?
Lee Johnson underachieved IMO.

Hence why they’ve decided to make the change.

volley

First Team
Have to say, Hemmings appears to be a very strange guy.

He’s failed to back his manager With a striker, bullshitted about a new training ground and then says he’s happy for him to go after missing out On the play offs by a midges.

What is his deal??
I don't think TH has made any such statement. There's a lot of speculation going on without any basis in fact.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
It's my belief, and hope, that AN will be our manager at the start of next season.

As frustrated as I've been, and believe me I have, he hasn't exactly been a failure and has got us close to the play offs 2 seasons running. to do that with the resources available is remarkable. He deserves one more shot at it IMHO.

Bristol White

First Team
It’s exactly as you say, from reinvestment. They reinvest into big money signings, which would give him a much greater chance at being successful than here, where very little money is reinvested into the squad.
I disagree - selling 2 or 3 of your best players every season can never work unless you strike gold with academy and loan players. Will be an interesting time for City. Brownhill was their last really saleable asset. I know they spent big on Massengo but he's not exactly pulling up trees, then Kalas at £6m - solid but unspectacular, Elliason is going to be out of contract soon, and after than you haven't much left that leaps out at you. Patterson and O'dowda maybe, Smith? Not much after that to pull in the kind of money they need to keep on signing £5-10m players. Its for this reason I'd say both Neil and Hughton are likely to give it a wide berth.

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
I disagree - selling 2 or 3 of your best players every season can never work unless you strike gold with academy and loan players. Will be an interesting time for City. Brownhill was their last really saleable asset. I know they spent big on Massengo but he's not exactly pulling up trees, then Kalas at £6m - solid but unspectacular, Elliason is going to be out of contract soon, and after than you haven't much left that leaps out at you. Patterson and O'dowda maybe, Smith? Not much after that to pull in the kind of money they need to keep on signing £5-10m players. Its for this reason I'd say both Neil and Hughton are likely to give it a wide berth.
Brentford have been doing fine by selling players and bringing new ones in through reinvestment. Every season.

The point I was making is heavy reinvestment into the squad gives you a better chance than our policy of putting little back in.

We would be kidding ourselves to think AN wouldn’t prefer to work under Bristol City’s transfer policy than ours. If he was to turn them down it would be for other reasons.

Henry Weston

Forum Patron
Patron
Brentford have been doing fine by selling players and bringing new ones in through reinvestment. Every season.

The point I was making is heavy reinvestment into the squad gives you a better chance than our policy of putting little back in.

We would be kidding ourselves to think AN wouldn’t prefer to work under Bristol City’s transfer policy than ours. If he was to turn them down it would be for other reasons.
I’m wondering if having to relocate will possibly be something that AN doesn’t really want to do at this time?

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
No the ITK'ers everywhere have Said Neil. The Bookies are wrong, you just wait you will see they are all..........?
What we have read from some ITK posters is that the club would not stand in Neil's way should Bristol City or any other club come in.

A couple have said that Bristol City hold an "interest".

They have not definitively said that Neil is joining Bristol City.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
No the ITK'ers everywhere have Said Neil. The Bookies are wrong, you just wait you will see they are all..........?
The opposite is what has actually been said if you go back to the start. Neil's family are settled in the area so a move to Bristol would have been a huge upheaval. Not one of the trusted posters have said Neil is going to Bristol

Bristol White

First Team

Get what you're saying but Brentford really are an outlier - Matthew Benham is so far ahead of the rest of football when it comes to analytics that he is unlikely ever to be matched. If he wasn't a very rich man in his own right he would be courted by all the big clubs. As it is his presence at Brentford means Brentford probably have the best analytics department in world football.

I agree that on the face of it, a higher budget is good, but if you were to ask me if I'd have been happy to sign Nakhi Wells at christmas like Bristol City did I would have said yes. If you had then said we'd have to sell Pearo to do it which is what Bristol City did with Brownhill I'd have said no. My point being is Bristol City's spending comes at a cost aside from the transfer fees. They aren't just blindly bankrolled and that list of players out compared to players in will end up biting them in the arse no matter how much they spend on players coming in.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
What we have read from some ITK posters is that the club would not stand in Neil's way should Bristol City or any other club come in.

A couple have said that Bristol City hold an "interest".

They have not definitively said that Neil is joining Bristol City.
They wouldn’t stand in his way providing the other club was willing to pay the compo.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
I think you've mistaken some of the clunkingly unfunny sarcasm that's been emanating from a few AN ultras for ITK postings.
Probably, but just look on Twitter and Lanc Live falling over themselves to publish click bait on it. I want real news, who we signing, when and who's leaving. I am sure I won't get my wish for a change of Manager, so lets stop this and get behind the club and the Manager once more, new season. UTW.

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
No the ITKers are covering their backs by saying if he doesn't leave it will be for other reasons. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
I wasn’t posting any information there, just stating the obvious?

He didn’t turn down WBA or Stoke because of their budgets, compared to us. It was for other reasons. The same would apply to Bristol City.

I don’t have any backtracking to do anyway because I’ve never said he’s going to join Bristol City. All I know is that PNE would be happy to cash in on him and whilst Bristol City have an interest I do not know how firm it is.

Last edited: