• No

Votes: 96 36.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 63 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pne1881

Manager
Crowe made a lot of sense. He was brought in as a 3rd choice training keeper to allow Hudson to go out on loan
It made no sense whatsoever. There wasn't & still isn't a chance we need 4 keepers on the books.

It would've made far more sense to have 2 & Hudson to go out on loan. Then if something happened to Rudd or Maxwell we could've got an emergency loan or got Hudson back.

Crowe was a complete waste of a wage.

pne1881

Manager
I totally back the signing of Bayliss. It was for 1.2 million up front with add-ons. Now, I’m starting to believe that the add-ons would have been in place for this season. I have an awful feeling that Hemmings has told Neil to barely play him this season - just so he can save some pennies on the signing.
I don't see how anyone can forge an opinion on him & back the signing when he's played twice for us.

Not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread or totally useless, we just don't know.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
I don't see how anyone can forge an opinion on him & back the signing when he's played twice for us.

Not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread or totally useless, we just don't know.
AN still had tepid comments like these to make about him 6 months after he signed:

"I had started to see signs from him, that is why I’m so frustrated for Tom. I could see him start to mature and start to become better."

Taking 6 months to "start to become better" suggests tortuously slow progress to me.

Preston North End boss Alex Neil expecting Tom Bayliss to push for midfield berth before the season's over | LEP

pne1881

Manager
AN still had tepid comments like these to make about him 6 months after he signed:

"I had started to see signs from him, that is why I’m so frustrated for Tom. I could see him start to mature and start to become better."

Taking 6 months to "start to become better" suggests tortuously slow progress to me.

Preston North End boss Alex Neil expecting Tom Bayliss to push for midfield berth before the season's over | LEP
File in the "bizarre signings" drawer for me, along with a few others.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
It made no sense whatsoever. There wasn't & still isn't a chance we need 4 keepers on the books.

It would've made far more sense to have 2 & Hudson to go out on loan. Then if something happened to Rudd or Maxwell we could've got an emergency loan or got Hudson back.

Crowe was a complete waste of a wage.
Especially when Hudson ended up playing 3 JPT matches for Bury. So it wasn't even a good loan.

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
I really don't trust Neil, last season we fell apart after the West Brom "interest", this season Stoke come asking and low and behold we have been fairly crap ever since, Neil gets a new 3 year contract so the only person to "profit" from recent interests is Neil.

I have never been a TH fan but having shelled out for Ledson, Potts and Bayliss and watching them hardly ever or never play you could maybe understand why TH is reluctant to support Neil further.

I seriously doubt that their is a cohesive plan between TH, his lad, John Kay, Ridsdale and Neil as to what is needed and how to go about achieving it, or just lets dodge away at the middle to lower end of this league is about as much as we the fans can expect, I think it's piss poor from the top down resulting in our manager feathering his own nest (new contract) while seeming to yet again let the team take an early summer holiday.
as much as anything I will be watching his decision making tomorrow as I for one couldn’t make head nor tail of saturdays tactics

lasherbasher

Forum Patron
Patron
If this works out, then fair play to Neil. But right now it looks like he’s picking names out of a hat.
he can’t win either way. Most on here have been asking him to use the squad, especially Huntingdon and Rafferty. He’s done that. Let’s see how it plays

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
lets get the negative comments in first so we can be proved right later...

based on how they have played 'bingo selection' might work next....

HunterLionheart

Advisor to the Owner
Think people are massively over the top on their criticism of this line up.

Can't see Nugent being the right choice. But it's a refreshed side with a lot of pressing in it.