PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil Out?

Neil Out?

• Yes

Votes: 107 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 96 36.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 63 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Bristol live believe 3 people have been interviewed once and 2nd interviews sort of completed... and AN isnt one of those 3....

Maybe he was in for the Oldham job but got pipped by Harry Kewell ? ;)

Not sure there's anything to rubbish yet. The previous statement was on the back of a firm story that Stoke were about to appoint Neil as their manager which was everywhere. Other than a bit of movement in a small betting market what else has happened with Neil?
Don't know if I am reading the situation wrong but the club is seems to becoming increasingly detatched from the fan base.

So Bristol live believe 3 people have been interviewed once and 2nd interviews sort of completed... and AN isnt one of those 3....

Maybe he was in for the Oldham job but got pipped by Harry Kewell ? ;)
But he is still 3rd favourite and his odds slightly came in overnight, means little but more telling he hasn't been ruled out

With all the speculation going on, in the past the club has released a statement saying it’s either rumours, rubbish etc.

the silence this time around has truly been deafening.

Bristol City appear to be a football club who operate in a more professional manner than Stoke City.

There is interest in Alex Neil but it would be in no one interest to go public until it looks like he is there definitive choice and he indicates he would accept the job.

Not sure there's anything to rubbish yet. The previous statement was on the back of a firm story that Stoke were about to appoint Neil as their manager which was everywhere. Other than a bit of movement in a small betting market what else has happened with Neil?

In all fairness the only speculation has come from our fans. You can't speculate based on a couple of bookies making AN the favourite.

The difference between now and Stoke is that talksport confirmed that Stoke had made AN their new manager so we had no option but to rubbish the reports.

The big difference is last time Alex Neil was not going to be allowed to leave. As stated above the only way we would hear any sort of statement on Neil moving anywhere would be if we agreed compensation with another club and he was going to be leaving.

Yes it is a small market but bookies are not silly and that is why he is still quite high in the running.

Bristol City appear to be a football club who operate in a more professional manner than Stoke City.

There is interest in Alex Neil but it would be in no one interest to go public until it looks like he is there definitive choice and he indicates he would accept the job.

The big difference is last time Alex Neil was not going to be allowed to leave. As stated above the only way we would hear any sort of statement on Neil moving anywhere would be if we agreed compensation with another club and he was going to be leaving.

Yes it is a small market but bookies are not silly and that is why he is still quite high in the running.
Bristol Live understands that Hughton, Cook and Holden have been interviewed and shortlisted for the job in recent weeks and the Robins appear to be edging closer to making a decision after the second round of interviews.

CB is it your understanding then that AN has also had 2 interviews, but his named isnt being leaked to their local press as on their short list ?

These 3 names are technically free agents and so 'could be named publically'?? is that the difference ?

Bristol Live understands that Hughton, Cook and Holden have been interviewed and shortlisted for the job in recent weeks and the Robins appear to be edging closer to making a decision after the second round of interviews.

CB is it your understanding then that AN has also had 2 interviews, but his named isnt being leaked to their local press as on their short list ?

These 3 names are technically free agents and so 'could be named publically'?? is that the difference ?

Good question......

These last two comments 😬

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803-172230.png
    Screenshot_20200803-172230.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 125
Let's hope we don't take as long as Bristol City if we do have to appoint a new manager.

As for the odds, Neil is back in at 3/1 now and 2nd favourite behind Cook, but the market has been all over the place.

Way I see it, Bristol City are having informal/formal talks with numerous managers and their representatives, AN being one of them. But as AN is currently in employment, Bristol City are not publicly mentioning this.

Only if Bristol City decide they want AN to be their manager will it then become public, and an official approach would be made. Of which AN or his representatives would have encouraged on their side.

Way I see it, Bristol City are having informal/formal talks with numerous managers and their representatives, AN being one of them. But as AN is currently in employment, Bristol City are not publicly mentioning this.

Only if Bristol City decide they want AN to be their manager will it then become public, and an official approach would be made. Of which AN or his representatives would have encouraged on their side.

Pure conjecture.

Christ almighty if Alex Neil has an issue with Hemmings not reinvesting the 'profits' from Hugill Robbo and Cunningham, wait till he hears how Bristol City finance their big money signings. In the time we have sold 3 of our better players, Bristol City have sold 7 or 8. In fact every single 'best player' they have had in recent years has been sold. Off the top of my head, Reid, Bryan, Pack, Kelly, Kodija, Brownhill, Webster, Flint. Not too sure if its an FFP thing as I do know their cost base is fucking huge (£30m wage bill I think I read) but I'd be massively surprised if the new manager gets much more support than the old one in terms of being able to keep players. If Neil didn't fancy West Brom then I'd be absolutely staggered if he decided Ashton Gate was the job for him but its a funny old game.

Christ almighty if Alex Neil has an issue with Hemmings not reinvesting the 'profits' from Hugill Robbo and Cunningham, wait till he hears how Bristol City finance their big money signings.

It’s exactly as you say, from reinvestment. They reinvest into big money signings, which would give him a much greater chance at being successful than here, where very little money is reinvested into the squad.