PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man of the match tonight was so hard to pick for me it was Sinclair not just for his superb goal but his effort and all round play . What a difference when quite a few games this season I couldn’t pick a man of the match because everyone has been shite. Credit to all the players tonight and to Neil a great team performance and a deserved win long may it continue . Good luck to Bauer on his recovery the only downside tonight .

the only complaint tonight was leaving the subs too late, they were all over us last 15+ mins and had 4 fresh players on, Neil seemed to invite pressure by not bringing on fresh legs earlier,

Don't worry, no one will take the piss if you change your mind about Neil. Don't get entrenched, makes you sound like you're clutching at straws. The pressure came from the fact Bournemouth are a brilliant team, not from anything the manager did.

I think what it shows is that when our better players are available we sre match for anyone which further highlights the lack of depth to the squad when they are removed .

Looked like Rafferty was told to stay back which limits his exposure positional and for pace; DJ and Maguire were the ones doubling up with Sinclair on the left and Pearson was covering whichever fullback the wide player couldn't get back to support in time.

Having Davies and Pearson back and match fit gave us a lot more composure and the manager really played to our strengths tonight. Think the lack of height in the Bournemouth backline really helped enable us to do that though too.
Yes obviously we are better with Pearson and Davies in the team. However some folk have been claiming the squad is rubbish, which it clearly isn't, evidenced by this performance and result and the one at Brentford. Yes we could do with more strength in depth, but far from rubbish.

The whole approach to the game makes a difference as well and we didn't perform so well merely because Pearson and Davies were back in the team. Lots of variables.

Yes obviously we are better with Pearson and Davies in the team. However some folk have been claiming the squad is rubbish, which it clearly isn't, evidenced by this performance and result and the one at Brentford. Yes we could do with more strength in depth, but far from rubbish.

The whole approach to the game makes a difference as well and we didn't perform so well merely because Pearson and Davies were back in the team. Lots of variables.
It is a good squad and easily capable of a mid table finish but defensively Neil has got to start to make improvements. Having to score Three, four or five as in the last three games to win a match is bordering on the impossible. More clean sheets please but we'll done Alex and the team.

It is a good squad and easily capable of a mid table finish but defensively Neil has got to start to make improvements. Having to score Three, four or five as in the last three games to win a match is bordering on the impossible. More clean sheets please but we'll done Alex and the team.

To be fair tonight we defended very well.

Their first goal was a brilliant free kick and second was a well worked goal.

Overall I agree we need to start keeping some clean sheets but given the opposition tonight and the fact no one really gave us a chance I wouldn't be too critical.

Missing the BFG is gutting though, he plays alot better with Davies and was looking great tonight.

Last edited:
if you know Barky he doesnt do BS, he tells it as it is.... If he says they are 100% behind Neil you can believe him - if they arent he wouldnt have said it, its not his way.
What we see on the pitch away from home again and again tells us what we need to know about the players commitment.

At home the problems are some combination of tactical unsuitability and a complete lack of confidence and belief amongst the players.

Not out of the woods, but yes the lads proved the desire that I thought had been lost. Happy to eat my words if they turn up like that every week

That's the problem though, for whatever reason they don't.

The players can say they'll always give 100% all they want. But before tonight, we all watched them skulk through games.

Then Bournemouth? Amazing.

That is exactly what they are capable of. Effort, guile and creativity.

I can't decide whether I'm appeased. Or whether it makes their previous indifference even more bewildering!?

I was undecided but leaning towards Neil out.

I have to say however fickle it makes me seem, I'm now firmly Neil in. I think that performance shows that we can match up with any side in the division.

There is a problem at home, but I believe we can overcome that and when we turn that corner all will be forgotten.

The difference last night for me was that we had most of our best players available and playing in their best positions, showing that our depth is shocking as when the second choices are on the pitch we're a very poor side.

This highlights the need for more investment in the playing squad and better management of the club overall.

Neil IN
Hemmings OUT

He’s hardly going to say the team aren’t behind him is he?

FWIW I don’t think Neil has lost the players.
Neither do I.
You are correct - he's not going to come out and say they are not 100% behind the manager, however, he could have said nothing but chose to speak out.
I haven't changed my mind on Neill - yet! The fact that we can put in performances like last night leads me to ask what on earth he does with these players that makes them so crap so often! I hope this will be a springboard for the near future but only time will tell.

Well there you are Alex

Just pick players in there correct positions and let them do 'what they know best’

Back four defending, two defensive inclined Mid Fielders, three forwards with freedom to roam and an attacking Mid Fielder to provide the ammunition

No need to think you’re another Pepe, Your not and neither do you have the Players like City to be one

As for Hemming’s out? Well

Perhaps those who want it can provide an alternative

On our ‘gates’ I suspect there isn’t one

Well there you are Alex

Just pick players in there correct positions and let them do 'what they know best’

Back four defending, two defensive inclined Mid Fielders, three forwards with freedom to roam and an attacking Mid Fielder to provide the ammunition

No need to think you’re another Pepe, Your not and neither do you have the Players like City to be one

As for Hemming’s out? Well

Perhaps those who want it can provide an alternative

On our ‘gates’ I suspect there isn’t one
If Hemmings managed this club correctly in the first place there could feasibly be plenty of takers.

Gates are low as there is no incentive to be a North Ender.

Off topic and not North End related but how good is David Brooks! How he is still playing Championship football is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.