PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home form is poor. But the manager has had 2 transfer windows to get support on that and we’ve sign 2 players. From a great position end of 2019.

Creativity in midfield and attacking full backs could help but both have been ignored to help us.

We are sat 15th in the table. A win last night would have taken us 9th. I’d say we are a side that should finish between those 2 positions so I really don’t get the mass hysteria.

We lost to a rival. It was shit. It happens.

If people want fast flowing attacking football then good luck with the team we had out last night. And just compare it to the Rovers team.

Our whole recruitment strategy and approach to the contracts is nothing short of negligent.

We’ve just got to ride this out and get to next summer. Massive rebuild.

If it's any of the names touted on here I'd say yes.
We have a brand-new shiny training ground we are not using so what's a new manager going to do?
Same players, that they don't know, same drawbacks with respect to transfer market, and no time to implement the new style/tactics. Great stuff.
This is actually an argument in favour of sacking him now if Hemmings is considering it. Early he is sacked the longer the new manager gets to settle

We all want Alex Neil to do well because he’s manager of our club Preston North End. But it’s not his club. I’ve no idea which club he supports . It’s just a job and when he leaves he’ll soon be offered another as he’s only 39 and has an ok cv. What I find unacceptable is the style of play. Boring, safety first, keeping possession, sideways and backward passing till the keeper boots it long. Of course it was better under Simon Grayson, we didn’t want him to leave, he was tempted away with bigger salary at a better supported team. Who could forget the Beckford hat trick at Wembley or the Joe Garner volley against Rotherham in the playoffs. Much better fare than served up currently at Deepdale.

This is actually an argument in favour of sacking him now if Hemmings is considering it. Early he is sacked the longer the new manager gets to settle
Think he meant that there is no actual time on the training ground given we sre playing games back to back

Reactions: OB1
I voted yes in the heat of the moment. And now that i have calmed down and taken another look at last night.... It's still fecking yes.

Last night was nothing short of pathetic. 0 shots on target. Players walking and jogging around as if it was a training game. 0 pride 0 energy 0 desire to win anything.

If the manager cannot get his teams revved up for a Derby then we are doomed. But it's not just this game is it. How many games have we all sat here and said there was 0 passion, no plan b, no urgency. That buck stops with the manager. His insistence on his rigid style with defence prioritsed over attack is nonsense. Seeing us defend a 2 goal loss last night (which we failed at) was hilarious. Sorry for me he has to go

Sorry for the duplicate post. My phone threw a wobbler 🤣

This has been the one thing which has previously prevented me from thinking he should go.

However, I can not get over just how pathetic we where last night.

We need a manager who has fresh ideas and is willing to push and inspire the players he has available.

I believe our players now believe that if we concede at Deepdale we have already lost.

I dont see how a manager can come back from that situation.
I do honestly understand, I'm not a sycophant, I'm trying to maintain a practical approach.

I agree at home there's an air of dread, but is that solved by sacking Neil?

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, I can't imagine they're happy, they have just been dismantled by blackburn rovers, they're not going to be happy about that. Seems like sacking is a way to get some sort of bounce back rather than taking a planned approach to it.

I'd hope there's detailed discussions going on with Neil and the team to understand what is happening and work towards turning it around.

Nah. Even putting the cost to one side, I think ripping everything up and throwing someone else in is more likely to get us relegated than sticking with him till the end of this season at least.

Is it Alex Neil who has let Pearson Davies fisher Browne dj contracts get to this point?

Did Alex Neil tell the club no I want rafftery dont bother with Jake bidwell or max Lowe?

Wake up man
And you know that the players purely won’t sign because of money / lack of ambition ? we cannot change TH and he is responsible but not for what is happening on the pitch , I know that’s the case but a Manager that tells his players at 0-2 down in a Derby don’t try and get back in the game after the worst football seen at Deepdale for the last twelve months? I cannot see one reason how after 6 defeats in 7 at Home that can be defended - he’s making Sinclair and Riss look like pub players - it’s inexcusable and I can only imagine what the players are thinking - he’s paid circa £1 Mill a year and given up - he’s got to go - backing this guy is like standing on the Titanic playing the same tune whilst everybody else has given up or gone ... AN has to go it’s obvious to see last night was simply the point where the players didn’t seem bothered - when that happens the end is nigh for the Manager his comments are a disgrace and sum him up perfectly ...

Nah. Even putting the cost to one side, I think ripping everything up and throwing someone else in is more likely to get us relegated than sticking with him till the end of this season at least.

Agree with this. Although AN should go (pushed or jumped - doesn't matter), my gut feeling is neither of those events will happen soon.

Point is that it was not just last nights abysmal display of poor management but months of bad tactics, uninspiring hoof football, playing favourites etc etc. Time for a major change - out with the Riddler who appears to be running the show. Out with AN - thanks but no thanks to more of your style of management.
A plea to TH - give the fans an early Christmas present and sack the pair of them whilst saving yourself money. DO IT TODAY - PLEASE

I do honestly understand, I'm not a sycophant, I'm trying to maintain a practical approach.

I agree at home there's an air of dread, but is that solved by sacking Neil?

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, I can't imagine they're happy, they have just been dismantled by blackburn rovers, they're not going to be happy about that. Seems like sacking is a way to get some sort of bounce back rather than taking a planned approach to it.

I'd hope there's detailed discussions going on with Neil and the team to understand what is happening and work towards turning it around.
I understand your point Cali. And you bring up some excellent arguments that cannot be ignored if you are to think rationally about the situation. And I am very much an AN guy. Always liked his manner and his ability at such a young age.

My issue is that last night he admitted to taking the loss rather than putting the fight onto the field. He admitted players wanted to go for it and he told them no.

That illustrates to me, that our higher management (which though it had saved us from insolvency has also allowed our team to be stripped down) has broken him. He has lost his desire. A man, who to his own admission has accepted defeat.

That is not what I want represented in a team I support. Blood, sweat, tears and fight.

I fear that he is now passing the blame onto players and there appears to be conflict.
I have generly supported AN, we appear to concentrate on other teams and not what our strengths are.
Might be time to change.
Gallagher to take teml charge ??

I understand your point Cali. And you bring up some excellent arguments that cannot be ignored if you are to think rationally about the situation. And I am very much an AN guy. Always liked his manner and his ability at such a young age.

My issue is that last night he admitted to taking the loss rather than putting the fight onto the field. He admitted players wanted to go for it and he told them no.

That illustrates to me, that our higher management (which though it had saved us from insolvency has also allowed our team to be stripped down) has broken him. He has lost his desire. A man, who to his own admission has accepted defeat.

That is not what I want represented in a team I support. Blood, sweat, tears and fight.

Fergie came out after City beat United 6-1 and said that they should have tried to keep the loss to a minimum.

This sort of stuff goes on all the time!

Neil is just too honest in his post match interviews sometimes and everyone takes little snippets and goes mental. Often out of context.

I voted yes in the heat of the moment. And now that i have calmed down and taken another look at last night.... It's still fecking yes.

Last night was nothing short of pathetic.
Home form has been shocking all year but when you fail to show desire to win and don't compete adequately in a local derby a line has been crossed. Away form is probably keeping him in a job by the skin of his teeth.
At the moment it looks likely that the away form will decline before the home form improves.
The ironic thing is some people are saying we are setting up not to lose at home but losing is what we are doing in the majority of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.