PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post (y).

The bottom line, for me anyway, is that the manager and coaching staff as a group seem to get canned; one goes and they all go. Then that group resurfaces at a new club at a future date.

Neil gives me the impression that it's his way or no way, and where one draws the line between authoritarianism and empathetic listening is, in this case, just about anybody's guess.

Difficult to say, but Thompson stayed when Grayson went, so I don't think he would necessarily leave. McAvoy was Neil's choice, having been with him at Norwich (and in Scotland?), so I think he would definitely go.

The buck stops with the manager for results but the players have to take a hard look at themselves after last night. The minimum you expect from your team in a local derby is 100% effort and determination. To be fair, it’s usually not questionable but for me it was last night. Several players ambling around, no leaders on the pitch and barely a few of them really putting in a shift. I can take losing to the bettter team when you have given them a game but that was embarrassing.

Yeah, you were "just" doing that.
This the type of bollocks I was talking about in my post. People trying to outdo each other.

I was pointing out the praise given to Blackburn, when in reality, they are only two points above us. A team that have spent fortunes!

The way people were going on it was like they are Barca.

We really aren’t a bad side.

This the type of bollocks I was talking about in my post. People trying to outdo each other.

I was pointing out the praise given to Blackburn, when in reality, they are only two points above us. A team that have spent fortunes!

The way people were going on it was like they are Barca.

We really aren’t a bad side.
Bragging rights are to be earned.

When we've just had our arse handed to us, don't carry on with the "Barca... I mean Rovers, chortle" schtick as if nothing has happened, yeah?

I can understand the call to end ourtime with AN but, what about our "professional" players who didn't manage to put three passes together and showed no damn desire or passion?
An seems to have serious problems at the moment but the players need to take a good long hard look at themselves.
But when the manager instructs them to mainly defend and hope the opposition are nulifide then what do you expect. Last night he even admitted that they "wanted to go for it" but he instructed them against it.

Fergie came out after City beat United 6-1 and said that they should have tried to keep the loss to a minimum.

This sort of stuff goes on all the time!

Neil is just too honest in his post match interviews sometimes and everyone takes little snippets and goes mental. Often out of context.
I do think the players lacked fight but I tend to agree. An experienced manager like Tony Pulis who's managed in the Premier League for years went for damage limitation at the weekend after they went behind with 10 men.

Not saying a 0-3 loss is any sort of achievement, it's shite. But it's certainly preferable to losing by 5 or 6 and that's what probably would've happened if we'd have "gone for it" at 0-2 down with 10 men against a side with a lot of pace in the starting XI and on the bench and the best striker in the division.

My take on the game is that we were extremely poor in the first half, but one mistake took the game away from us. If we get to half time with 11 men and level after a shite performance (which we were set to do until Rafferty's sunday league defending), there's at least a possibility there for us to compete in the second half and improve. It was game over as soon as Rafferty got himself sent off and gave them a penalty and there was never going to be any other outcome except a defeat.

I respect folk who feel we may need a fresh start. The manager himself may feel that. But now isn't the right time. We're mid-way in the table, with a squad depleted by injuries (11 of our 25 man squad likely to be unavailable at the weekend), which has been underinvested in, and the contract situations are causing huge uncertainty around the club. Any new manager at the moment would be coming in to chaos.

My take on the game is that we were extremely poor in the first half, but one mistake took the game away from us. If we get to half time with 11 men and level after a shite performance (which we were set to do until Rafferty's sunday league defending), there's at least a possibility there for us to compete in the second half and improve. It was game over as soon as Rafferty got himself sent off and gave them a penalty and there was never going to be any other outcome except a defeat.
We weren’t competing from the first whistle, the game wasn’t taken from us by 1 mistake we were never in the game

I do think the players lacked fight but I tend to agree. An experienced manager like Tony Pulis who's managed in the Premier League for years went for damage limitation at the weekend after they went behind with 10 men.

Not saying a 0-3 loss is any sort of achievement, it's shite. But it's certainly preferable to losing by 5 or 6 and that's what probably would've happened if we'd have "gone for it" at 0-2 down with 10 men against a side with a lot of pace in the starting XI and on the bench and the best striker in the division.

I respect folk who feel we may need a fresh start. The manager himself may feel that. But now isn't the right time. We're mid-way in the table, with a squad depleted by injuries (11 of our 25 man squad likely to be unavailable at the weekend), which has been underinvested in, and the contract situations are causing huge uncertainty around the club. Any new manager at the moment would be coming in to chaos.
If Rafferty brings him down early we get chance to get back in shape and we go in 0-0 at half time. Anything could happen then.

If DJ actually shoots 30 seconds before the red we probably go in at half time ahead.

Small margins in the Championship and we are making too many individual errors, I'd guess 80% of the goals we have conceded at home are the result of that.

Not absolving Neil of the blame for the lack of creativity and some of his selections and substitutions have been questionable but it isn't the managers fault when players like Rafferty and Storey have made mistakes that have directly led to multiple goals and points dropped.

There are plenty of things he needs to change in order to get the fans back onside and sort the performances out and im growing more concerned that it isnt going to be possible but some of the complaints I see about him are just ridiculous.

We weren’t competing from the first whistle, the game wasn’t taken from us by 1 mistake we were never in the game
Not saying we were playing well first half, but we didn't against Blackburn last season and came roaring back. More recently we've turned games around at Brentford and Huddersfield, having been terrible in the first half and been behind.

We could easily have got back into the game if we make it to half time without making a pathetic mistake that left us a man down.

If Rafferty brings him down early we get chance to get back in shape and we go in 0-0 at half time. Anything could happen then.

If DJ actually shoots 30 seconds before the red we probably go in at half time ahead.

Small margins in the Championship and we are making too many individual errors, I'd guess 80% of the goals we have conceded at home are the result of that.

Not absolving Neil of the blame for the lack of creativity and some of his selections and substitutions have been questionable but it isn't the managers fault when players like Rafferty and Storey have made mistakes that have directly led to multiple goals and points dropped.

There are plenty of things he needs to change in order to get the fans back onside and sort the performances out and im growing more concerned that it isnt going to be possible but some of the complaints I see about him are just ridiculous.
It was discussed on here last season the number of errors we were making. It's an interesting one because a number of our defenders got rave reviews last season but our clean sheet record was woeful and a lot of our goals were caused by individual mistakes rather than a team getting the better of us.

Just going to post this same message in here too. We've had one enquiry so far. The below post is copied from the podcast thread so apologies for cross-posting.

Opening up the floor here as people have asked us to give more fans a platform and opportunity to voice their opinions...

Anyone who is firmly in the “AN out” camp, as we are firmly in the “AN in” camp, want to come on the podcast for a reasoned debate about why the manager should/shouldn’t go?

DM us on here, social media or email us, we’ll sort a time and date out. Email address is - fromthefinney@gmail.com.

Just going to post this same message in here too. We've had one enquiry so far. The below post is copied from the podcast thread so apologies for cross-posting.

Opening up the floor here as people have asked us to give more fans a platform and opportunity to voice their opinions...

Anyone who is firmly in the “AN out” camp, as we are firmly in the “AN in” camp, want to come on the podcast for a reasoned debate about why the manager should/shouldn’t go?

DM us on here, social media or email us, we’ll sort a time and date out. Email address is - fromthefinney@gmail.com.

Good idea this. Sure a few on here will take you up on the offer.

Reactions: FTF

The complaints about the home form are anything but ridicoulous, do you really see that changing anytime soon? no matter what the personnel on the pitch is? really?! I don't Paddy, it's simple, he won't change. Fans have had enough of his over ponderous approach at home, a far cry from his first season in charge. Only he knows why he's adopted this1 style of play, it now doesn't matter who we face at home, whatever style they play, we just play one way! I don't care how Pullis set up after goin a man down, they still posed the odd threat as we couldn't wait for the final whistle. For Neil to just give up the ghost an try an contain when down to 10 is the end of the road for me, especially in a local derby of all games. Change needed. End of

You could have a special.

Get @billymac, Voldemort and @Nobber on!

That would be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.