PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I liked about Molumby was his willingness to receive the ball and move into space. Something we desperately miss without Pearson. Too often our midfield is static waiting for the ball to come near them

Will stand us in good stead in the league

He was technically fine, just ran into trouble and didn't effect any part of the game.

Nothing like Pearson in terms of protecting the defence and mopping up.
Difficult to judge a player when they're surrounded by duck eggs like today.

Impressed at Millwall last season in the Pearson role (and not in a diamond midfield like today, that's another story in itself) so will reserve judgement until he's played with our strongest side.

Impressed at Millwall last season in the Pearson role (and not in a diamond midfield like today, that's another story in itself) so will reserve judgement until he's played with our strongest side.

Spot on.

No way can you judge a player whose only trained with us a couple of days and put into that shit show of a line up.

Aside from Molumby, Ledson and Riss, I wouldn't care if any of the rest of the starters play for us again this season.

A lot of the players selected today know that AN thinks they are duck eggs and he would rather them be at other clubs....that’s part of the reason we were lucky to get away with 4-1.

A lot of the players selected today know that AN thinks they are duck eggs and he would rather them be at other clubs....that’s part of the reason we were lucky to get away with 4-1.
Should have been 5/6.... none of them have played themselves into contention, and none of them have played themselves into a move away.

Stuck with quite a few of them for the foreseeable I fear. And then there's the likes of Nugent, Moult and Bodin who won't kick a ball here again.

Drain on the resources.

I've always been a no. But after reading his reasoning why he signed Ched E, the sooner he leaves this club the better.

Admitting he signed him solely on football reasons. That from my memory has never been PNE's way of doing business. The family club brand has now gone.
Sooner he goes the better.
I realise that others will have sanctioned the deal. But they will supporting the manager.
I'm still shocked.

I've always been a no. But after reading his reasoning why he signed Ched E, the sooner he leaves this club the better.

Admitting he signed him solely on football reasons. That from my memory has never been PNE's way of doing business. The family club brand has now gone.
I realise that others will have sanctioned the deal. But they will supporting the manager.
I'm still shocked.
whereas I'm slightly more the opposite having heard he met with him first to help decide what type of person he was now....

having worked with ex cons I'm conflicted on the story but I have to trust the law and therefore the manager about his character now not then.

I'm still shocked.
I thought he spoke well on the matter.

I thought he spoke well on the matter.
He did speak well, but for me it's all to do with principles. And Im not happy with the principle he has now set for the club. Majority of clubs have stayed away from Evans and for good reason. I wish we had.
Football reasons or not. If he was outstanding then maybe, but he is bang average, so why the risk.

He did speak well, but for me it's all to do with principles. And Im not happy with the principle he has now set for the club. Majority of clubs have stayed away from Evans and for good reason. I wish we had.
Football reasons or not. If he was outstanding then maybe, but he is bang average, so why the risk.
If you’re willing to forego your principles based on footballing ability then I don’t really understand your point about principles.

I think he’s an average signing too, but that’s a separate matter.

He’s had 3 clubs since being acquitted before signing for us, and had lots of interest this month so clubs are hardly avoiding him at all costs. The risk in footballing terms is low because it’s a cheap 6 month loan deal. The risk in terms of bad publicity hasn’t really come to fruition. Where is this bad publicity and outcry about us signing him, because outside this forum and our fans on Twitter, I can’t see it.

I'm hoping he will be a stellar signing , and make me eat my words. But as the point of the thread . I'm now at stage I want AN out. Before I tolerated his crap slow build up football (think its the game itself after watching Arsenal last night) .
This signing is one that if it works..fantastic and credit on him taking a punt. if not then he falls on his sword.
Be exciting to watch the next 6 mths.

If you’re willing to forego your principles based on footballing ability then I don’t really understand your point about principles.

I think he’s an average signing too, but that’s a separate matter.

He’s had 3 clubs since being acquitted before signing for us, and had lots of interest this month so clubs are hardly avoiding him at all costs. The risk in footballing terms is low because it’s a cheap 6 month loan deal. The risk in terms of bad publicity hasn’t really come to fruition. Where is this bad publicity and outcry about us signing him, because outside this forum and our fans on Twitter, I can’t see it.
I think the main reason Alex signed him, is for his experience on the training field & dressing room, which can influence our strikers, pretty much the same as Nuge & yes that didn't work either but we'll have to wait & see. On the field, I can't ever see him starting a match but a last 10-15 min sub.

I'm hoping he will be a stellar signing , and make me eat my words. But as the point of the thread . I'm now at stage I want AN out. Before I tolerated his crap slow build up football (think its the game itself after watching Arsenal last night) .
This signing is one that if it works..fantastic and credit on him taking a punt. if not then he falls on his sword.
Be exciting to watch the next 6 mths.
Why does he fall on his sword if a cheap 6 month loan from League One doesn’t work out ?

There are managers that spend £5m+ on players at this level and it doesn’t work out.

Because as we seen there are plenty of us total miffed and appalled by the signing.
He sees him as worth being offered a loan contract on footballing reasons alone.
Well let's see. But if it proves to be a disaster he needs to go. End of.

Because as we seen there are plenty of us total miffed and appalled by the signing.
He sees him as worth being offered a loan contract on footballing reasons alone.
Well let's see. But if it proves to be a disaster he needs to go. End of.
He needs to go, in your opinion.

I doubt the club view the success or failure of a cheap short term squad signing like this as something that defines the manager’s position.

Peter Ridsdale has already made it clear to fans via email that he is also satisfied with bringing Evans in, so given he has sanctioned and backed the move it won’t be something the manager is hung out to dry over.

He needs to go, in your opinion.

I doubt the club view the success or failure of a cheap short term squad signing like this as something that defines the manager’s position.

Peter Ridsdale has already made it clear to fans via email that he is also satisfied with bringing Evans in, so given he has sanctioned and backed the move it won’t be something the manager is hung out to dry over.
My original post stated "realise that others will have sanctioned the deal. But they will supporting the manager." Are we just going to nip pick my posts. Can no one post which are apposed to your stance. Pointless having a forum if that's the case.

My original post stated "realise that others will have sanctioned the deal. But they will supporting the manager." Are we just going to nip pick my posts. Can no one post which are apposed to your stance. Pointless having a forum if that's the case.
I’m debating and arguing your points, not shutting them down. That’s what a forum is for.

I still don’t see on what basis the manager has to go if Evans isn’t very good.

If he isn’t very good then he goes back to Fleetwood, we’ve hardly spent any money on him and we look for another striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.