PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Netherlands v England - 10/07/24 - KO:8PM - Semi Final

Well, as someone who has both English and Dutch roots, lets just hope for an exciting game, looking forward to the final already (although im more English than Dutch, so come on England, just dont tell my Dutch family!)

If the leaks are true I really don’t know how he can select Trippier down the left.
I honestly can’t think of anything positive to come from that side in all the games we’ve played.
I’d much rather start with Shaw and see how long he lasts.
Would be typical Southgate to just name an unchanged lineup and make no changes until 80 minutes regardless.
How Trippier even gets in the team I'll never know, certainly not on the left. Completely nullifies us going forward.

Would be typical Southgate to just name an unchanged lineup and make no changes until 80 minutes regardless.
How Trippier even gets in the team I'll never know, certainly not on the left. Completely nullifies us going forward.

Im hoping its a ruse, like the mad idea of playing our electric right winger on the left

That’s my big fear tonight….leave things too late.
Hope I’m wrong and this team finally click into gear.

That’s my big fear tonight….leave things too late.
Hope I’m wrong and this team finally click into gear.
It's going to catch up with us at some point when so many of our players have played so many minutes. There's been no freshening of legs or resting throughout the tournament from us. Hoping Southgate doesn't dilly dally tonight for a change if it's needed.

Im hoping its a ruse, like the mad idea of playing our electric right winger on the left
It'll be the same as Saturday, on paper it's a back 3 but within 2 minutes trippier will drop back into a back 4 and midfield will be left exposed on the right.
Kane will then spend the entire game wandering midfield around like a drunk octogenarian.
Bellingham and Foden will be falling over eachother.

Can't watch the game tonight as I'm at a Kings Of Leon gig in Manchester.

Not overly enthused at the line up and it goes without saying we simply have to put in a performance tonight. Can't get away with it for a third time.

Watching your LWB put in such a monumental stinker that you replaced him with an attacking midfielder in a game where you scraped past Switzerland on penalties, then deciding to give him another start over the bloke who literally trains with the Dutch’s best player every day

Interesting choice

Watching your LWB put in such a monumental stinker that you replaced him with an attacking midfielder in a game where you scraped past Switzerland on penalties, then deciding to give him another start over the bloke who literally trains with the Dutch’s best player every day

Interesting choice
Typical Southgate just sticking with the same thing, he literally seems to have no ideas other than what he's done previously. This squad deserves so much better.
He's fucking shit.

Right, think that's enough for them to prove me wrong and make me look daft. 😂