PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New Bee Species Found at Blenheim

Mason bees eat away at the mortar and can cause a lot of damage. The enter through gaps in the mortar. You may have had tree bumblebees which are quite rare and a different proportion altogether. Google them, the males do a dance outside the nest around May, unmistakable. They usually get in through the eaves or a gap in the slates.
I was worried at first when I saw ours, but got the binoculars out and could see a little while tail end. They were only there a couple of months

That was them, wow, that's great!

I watched them doing that dance and at the time I thought there were just tonnes of bees going in and out. Well, I'm very glad I left them to it now.
You're lucky. We get them every year. As I say, a rare, harmless. Something to look forward to every spring.

As an aside, I planted some Nigella Miss Jeckyl seeds a couple of months ago. The pale blue flowers have just come out. Nothing special. Except the bumble bees love them Have 8 busying on the small spread currently.

As an aside, I planted some Nigella Miss Jeckyl seeds a couple of months ago. The pale blue flowers have just come out. Nothing special. Except the bumble bees love them Have 8 busying on the small spread currently.
There is a plant in our garden that was there when the mother in law lived here, the thing was rampant with bees the other day