PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New Combi boiler and upstairs shower

Right, a good boiler but you need to ask the supplier if the company have solved a problem that occurs with Worcester Bosch, namely a leak from one of the manifolds underneath about every year. They might have sorted the problem but you need to know. If not, choose another. Vaillant seem to good but don't take my advice, you must decide for yourselves.
The Baxi 600 was also reccomended, considerably cheaper too

You point the finger at @raefil for going down this road 😂
how-very.gif

The Baxi 600 was also reccomended, considerably cheaper too
Yes, they're pretty good, so I've heard. You really need to get this sorted out , raefil before the plumber comes (contact him before) because he won't want you to hold him up, naturally, when he arrives. But you don't want a boiler that's going to leak in a year which will be next Christmas day at two 'o' clock in the afternoon with your dinner on the table and water pissing out of the bottom of it.

You need to know the flow rate from the boiler basically. If it worked fine from a hot water tank then that’s a positive sign(unless there was a pump somewhere along the way)

If the boiler can do maybe 12/14L a minute then unless everyone else turns the taps on you should be fine

Yes, they're pretty good, so I've heard. You really need to get this sorted out , raefil before the plumber comes (contact him before) because he won't want you to hold him up, naturally, when he arrives. But you don't want a boiler that's going to leak in a year which will be next Christmas day at two 'o' clock in the afternoon with your dinner on the table and water pissing out of the bottom of it.
Is the water pissing out of the boiler or the dinner?