PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New EFL rules? Expenditure cannot exceed 70% revenue.

One of the Premier Leagues wishes is for The FA to " relax the work permit rules for Overseas Players" .....?

It certainly doesn't appear that there's much leeway to 'relax' very much more,( unless they want to FA to pay for the plane ticket too )
Some PL teams look like they all come from 'elsewhere'. Even Southgate was having a moan the other day.

Parachute payments really piss me off for numerous reasons but primarily due to the inherent unfair advantage it gives relegated teams. They are given cash to compete then added TV and match day and commercial opportunities to take in more..if they fail to remain in the prem why should they get yet more money ? ..fuck em...we have no chance of promotion if we cannot buy the necessary players as the relegated teams get them on superstar wages and so the spiral continues

One of the Premier Leagues wishes is for The FA to " relax the work permit rules for Overseas Players" .....?

It certainly doesn't appear that there's much leeway to 'relax' very much more,( unless they want to FA to pay for the plane ticket too )
Some PL teams look like they all come from 'elsewhere'. Even Southgate was having a moan the other day.
There's plenty the Prem would like changing.

Since Brexit, UK clubs can't sign U18 EU players under FIFA rules.

English clubs are also limited to how many overseas U21 players they can sign in a transfer window under FA rules.

Plus there's all the GBE/work permit stuff that could potentially be tweaked.

The Prem aren't interested in helping the UK national teams by encouraging domestic talent, which is the premise for the FA's international transfer rules - they're only interested in competing with other European leagues for players.

Much as I don't like any increased Govt. intervention, I wish they'd take the FA's side a bit more in this. But probably there's too many 'vested interests' by many Politicians ( from any side of the House) for this to happen. A bit like with the imo weak gambling restrictions that are getting slagged-off at the moment.

Parachute payments really piss me off for numerous reasons but primarily due to the inherent unfair advantage it gives relegated teams. They are given cash to compete then added TV and match day and commercial opportunities to take in more..if they fail to remain in the prem why should they get yet more money ? ..fuck em...we have no chance of promotion if we cannot buy the necessary players as the relegated teams get them on superstar wages and so the spiral continues
behave yourself, sour grapes, if pne went up and down like watford / burnley your telling me you wouldnt be happy & would feel sorry for other teams, you play by the rules known before the season starts as voted for by the club chairmen

behave yourself, sour grapes, if pne went up and down like watford / burnley your telling me you wouldnt be happy & would feel sorry for other teams, you play by the rules known before the season starts as voted for by the club chairmen

Would I complain? No.
Is it reasonable or equitable? Also no.
Have manager/player contracts that allow for amendment in terms, based on revenue, in the event of promotion or relegation.

They largely have those, I believe, but for the extreme levels of difference, you wouldn't be able to get a PL quality player to sign for a Burnley if you put an 80% pay cut baked into his contract. It's more moderate, and that's enabled because of parachute payments.