PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New forum features - introducing 2 way ignore.

Ando has me on ignore and I’ve never spoken to him that I can remember. It’s annoying cos he posts in pretty much every single thread. At least I don’t have to read the fucking inane hat trick talk anymore though I suppose.

People have turned into proper sly offs with the ignore feature, haven't they.

I've been thinking "ohhh, I haven't seen X poster for a while', when in fact they've probably just got my dumbass on a powered up super-charged ignore. 😆

Last edited:
If people want to suggest what they feel would be a decent compromise we can only look and see if the solutions exist or what can be tweaked on what we have. Going by the above it's some form of the original 1 way ignore but with any other caveats i.e. that due to quotes etc. 1 way ignore would still allow the ignorer to see their ignored person responding to their stuff technically(which kind of created the eventual issue)?
If everyone just stopped fucking posting Jake it'd be alright

No problem with that at all - similar to the guidance on most forums.

I don't really like people abusing mods (although I am not entirely blameless :D) - plus, mods absolutely should be able to express their views and opinions. Been many years since I modded, but I know it ain't always easy.

That said, the guidance does cut both ways and with the position comes responsibility. Mods are human and as likely and as entitled to engage in robust debate as anyone. But, the onus is also on them to anticipate when they are reacting negatively, tensions are building, and try to defuse the situation.

Like a bouncer - you know when you are getting angry and need to step back, take a deep breath, and calm down.

Maybe some form of guidelines / suggestions regarding posting

All you need to know, sir, is here...

5bfb0bf9499e159fa8fdf6f70c10ec97

If people want to suggest what they feel would be a decent compromise we can only look and see if the solutions exist or what can be tweaked on what we have. Going by the above it's some form of the original 1 way ignore but with any other caveats i.e. that due to quotes etc. 1 way ignore would still allow the ignorer to see their ignored person responding to their stuff technically(which kind of created the eventual issue)?
Since you asked.....I would suggest that there is a simple one-way ignore system (I haven't used either to be honest, the old or the new, so take with a pinch of salt... but I didn't understand why it was changed). I don't see why the ignorer would still be able to see the ignored due to quoting - or why all output from the ignored couldn't be made invisible to the ignorer - but I don't understand the technical details of these things. 😬

At least this way you don't punish members by blocking content or making threads unreadable, without their consent, for crimes (potentially) unknown. Yes, they could just log out and view as guest but what's the point of that then(?!)

but I don't understand the technical details of these things. 😬

The technical side and the human side are the two biggest barriers to having something viable in it's current form(i.e. that we don't code our own software is the other limitation hence using third party stuff). And even with the technical stuff in place as you point out there are still workarounds which again brings us back to the circular stuff, if some people didn't chase others poking reactions we wouldn't be looking at stuff like this in the first place. Cheers for the feedback, like we say, if we can find a happy medium hat makes the posters, the ignorers and the mods happy it'd be a good day.

I don't really like people abusing mods (although I am not entirely blameless :D) - plus, mods absolutely should be able to express their views and opinions. Been many years since I modded, but I know it ain't always easy.
Absolutely this.

On more than one occasion Ive defended mods whove made controversial postings and their "Position," has been attacked as opposed to a posting stance.

Attack, even abuse the argument and, "poster," if need be but not the position.

That doesnt mean that questioning mod decisions, shouldnt be done, i have done so myself but theyre not fair game for being seperated out for their positions in general discussions and debate.

Far better looking than the rest of the mod team, too. We need to get rid of someone to make room for her.

#jakehakeout

Offering jobs based on looks. Discwimination. And as for Hersheys, frankly that's going to be in the forum code of conduct if people try and justify that as edible.

Now behave