PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New forum features - introducing 2 way ignore.

"Introducing 2 way ignore"

For those of us over the age of coughmumble years, does this mean we can ignore someone serving in the Armed Forces in Germany?

This is your, er, man

n5qtd9x6oeiy.jpg

The place is full of them already....not sure why she rearranged her name

From my own point of view, even though some have made some valid points, the ignore feature works perfectly for me.

I can't see how it affects others to a large extent as I only ever contribute to existing threads rather than starting new ones and I like that I can have absolutely no interaction with/from the users I've chosen to ignore.
It also prevents me from getting wound up and having a full-blown argument (again!) - win-win for me..... and the mods! :ROFLMAO:

If people want to suggest what they feel would be a decent compromise we can only look and see if the solutions exist or what can be tweaked on what we have. Going by the above it's some form of the original 1 way ignore but with any other caveats i.e. that due to quotes etc. 1 way ignore would still allow the ignorer to see their ignored person responding to their stuff technically(which kind of created the eventual issue)?

Do any people who use the ignore function actually worry about that though? If you were quoting my posts and saying offensive things... Maybe I might like not to get notifications when you reply to me... nor like to see the general crap* you post... but if I put you on one-way ignore (so I can't see your posts or replies) that should be enough imo. It really is getting pretty tenuous if I worry about accidentally noticing when someone quotes you. If I did notice, it's also just so easy to skip past, if I wanted to. (* all hypothetical, of course :sneaky:)

IMO, one-way ignore should (for those who wish to ignore) be the only option they can choose. If someone is so intimidating or obnoxious enough that 2-way ignore is really needed (e.g. bullying), I would question whether the poster should be posting anyway.

IMO, one-way ignore should (for those who wish to ignore) be the only option they can choose. If someone is so intimidating or obnoxious enough that 2-way ignore is really needed (e.g. bullying), I would question whether the poster should be posting anyway.

I guess there’s a certain irony that the day people discuss why the two-way ignore is being trialled ended with a discussion on another thread where some posters who oppose the two way ignore were advising other users that they should have the self discipline to ignore other users rather than following them round to troll/intimidate/be obnoxious. (Albeit it seems slightly disingenuous the suggestion that only one poster seemed to be at fault whereas from what I saw yesterday both posters were deliberately baiting each other)

There is the answer why it’s on trial. There is the answer whether people will actually use self discipline even when asked.

Should posters be allowed to continue posting when that fails? Maybe the forum members/patrons need to let us know the answer to that too, to help inform our decision making process about where we can go from here as per my earlier point about finding the happy medium between ignore functions/forum civility.

If people won’t use a one way ignore on users they don’t wish to engage with, won’t cease following said users around trying to get a rise, what do people feel would be an appropriate sanction? All feedback gratefully received that we can help improve the forums moderation stance that other members would be happy with. If people don’t want to respond publicly then feel free to PM any moderator with suggestions that can be passed back into the mod forum.

I personally like the two way ignore function. I have two posters on ignore whom I find to be obnoxious. For a while every comment I made was challenged and without being abused I was told to F off on numerous occasions. I choose to ignore these posters and don’t wish to read their content, neither do I want them to read my weak but honest offerings. If you can read this, you’re not ignored, I say, leave it as it is.

I personally like the two way ignore function. I have two posters on ignore whom I find to be obnoxious. For a while every comment I made was challenged and without being abused I was told to F off on numerous occasions. I choose to ignore these posters and don’t wish to read their content, neither do I want them to read my weak but honest offerings. If you can read this, you’re not ignored, I say, leave it as it is.
If people named names, it might just embarrass enough these people to reform and grow up if they see a growing consensus against their current posting personalities.

Some of us have made mistakes - I include myself in this in the past - but others are absolutely consistent on a daily basis, I sometimes wonder if they realise the disdain others have for them on the quiet.

Nobody on this forum is more important than the next person. Nobody.

I only ever ignored one person on here but I think they got banned. I can't even remember their name. 🤷‍♂️
I don't do ignore either. I have no idea what two way ignore means. If I have been ignored by anyone (and I honestly wouldn't know) all I can say is its their prerogative but to be fair I haven't noticed so not missed much.

If you have anybody on ignore because they challenge your ideas then you're a soft sod.

I've got Hans and Yoga on ignore. Because they're weird as fuck. I think both are now permanently banned anyway, don't know how Hans got away with it for so long.

If you have anybody on ignore because they challenge your ideas then you're a soft sod.

I've got Hans and Yoga on ignore. Because they're weird as fuck. I think both are now permanently banned anyway, don't know how Hans got away with it for so long.
absolute nonsense, and not even slightly helpful

I guess there’s a certain irony that the day people discuss why the two-way ignore is being trialled ended with a discussion on another thread where some posters who oppose the two way ignore were advising other users that they should have the self discipline to ignore other users rather than following them round to troll/intimidate/be obnoxious. (Albeit it seems slightly disingenuous the suggestion that only one poster seemed to be at fault whereas from what I saw yesterday both posters were deliberately baiting each other)

There is the answer why it’s on trial. There is the answer whether people will actually use self discipline even when asked.

Should posters be allowed to continue posting when that fails? Maybe the forum members/patrons need to let us know the answer to that too, to help inform our decision making process about where we can go from here as per my earlier point about finding the happy medium between ignore functions/forum civility.

If people won’t use a one way ignore on users they don’t wish to engage with, won’t cease following said users around trying to get a rise, what do people feel would be an appropriate sanction? All feedback gratefully received that we can help improve the forums moderation stance that other members would be happy with. If people don’t want to respond publicly then feel free to PM any moderator with suggestions that can be passed back into the mod forum.
Not sure if the first paragraph includes me, Jake - it is now one of those messy debates spanning many threads! I did state that I didn't have much of an opinion on the two way ignore because I have not encountered it, as far as I am aware.

Much prefer ignoring people without the need for forum functions - usually, if I am not interested in debating with another poster, for whatever reason, I don't. Not the answer for everyone, sadly - it can be difficult not to respond. Such is the power of words.

I will point out that I have also communicated with the other poster involved in that spat, suggesting that they stay out of trouble.

I don't do ignore either. I have no idea what two way ignore means. If I have been ignored by anyone (and I honestly wouldn't know) all I can say is its their prerogative but to be fair I haven't noticed so not missed much.
I don't get it either, Joan. I actually thought responding to every post (if they weren't really out of order) was part of the deal, if you get what I mean.

I guess there’s a certain irony that the day people discuss why the two-way ignore is being trialled ended with a discussion on another thread where some posters who oppose the two way ignore were advising other users that they should have the self discipline
Cmon Jake... Spill the beans, who are these maniacs?