PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New poll needed, RL sacked or not?

Should RL be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 558 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 147 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, potentially. I really couldn’t see Sheff Utd going anywhere near him though and he’s been complimentary of us in the past.

Is his stock that high? If he felt it was, I highly doubt he would have been at Rotherham on Saturday?

I see him as a manager Peter would be frothing at. ‘Look at what he did for Luton’ being forced down our throats.

I’m not sure though. I do think there is something in it as the message I got was at 8pm last night and then today Pete O’Rourke tweeted saying he was pulling out.

He definitely has something else lined up imo.

Yeah, I just think that's the precise problem though. Jones was at Luton while they were a big fish in a small pond and got them to our level.

He then couldn't do it at Stoke, arguably a bigger club than us.

Or Southampton. Not arguably at all.

Jones is the ideal appointment to appease fans calling for change, who will keep our Championship status and will buy Ridsdale and Hemmings more time as the cycle of "patience" continues...

We'll have a dead cat bounce, then he'll shit himself and sound suicidal post-match after the first boo.

Yeah, I just think that's the precise problem though. Jones was at Luton while they were a big fish in a small pond and got them to our level.

Jones is the ideal appointment to appease fans calling for change, who will keep our Championship status and will buy Ridsdale and Hemmings more time as the cycle of "patience" continues...
If Craig sacks Lowe with the club in 8th that’ll confirm to me that he genuinely cares about the club and wants what’s best for it. His dad would never have done that

Step after that would be for a new DOF and to encourage Ridsdale to go on a nice long holiday

It’s the Daily Record up in Scotland that have mentioned his name. Might just be me, but if he was settled here, surely he’s not a name that would be mentioned?

Are we sure he on this Leeds list? Or was that Lowe asking Sky to do him a favour? 😂

Not who I’d go for either. I guess he’s better than Lowe. But again, could all just be Chinese whispers anyway.

I just can’t get my head around the club being pro-active and sacking him in 8th.

If they do, I really do think player power has played a part here and the players have got him the boot.

And it’s obviously not the first time his relationship with the players has been brought up

If Craig sacks Lowe with the club in 8th that’ll confirm to me that he genuinely cares about the club and wants what’s best for it. His dad would never have done that

Step after that would be for a new DOF and to encourage Ridsdale to go on a nice long holiday

Totally agree.

As I said in another post earlier, we need to have a performance review of the guy getting two out of five managerial appointments right...

We'll have a dead cat bounce, then he'll shit himself and sound suicidal post-match after the first boo.

I can’t argue with any of that, personally.

I think they have just seen how bad it is, and are now actively looking for someone with Championship experience to attempt to get the season back on track.

They invested a hell of a lot of money into the squad this summer (for PNE anyway). If they think the best option is to go for Jones, we’ll just have to deal with that.

If I’m honest, I’m just happy they are being pro-active (if Lowe does get the boot). As @OB1 has just posted, Trevor would have never ever even thought about it.

Good players can play under any manager tbf they adapt Whiteman has been awful lately all backwards and sideways

For whatever reason Whiteman has completely downed tools recently.

I wasn’t convinced with this supposed training ground bust up between him & RL but I’m not so sure now.

Something has happened as although Whiteman is no world beater you don’t become a bad player overnight.

The biggest problem we have is allowing Ridsdale to make key appointments such as a new manager. Ridsdale's first thought will always be about himself and the security of his own position......Would always go for the 'safe' option, wouldn't want to rock the boat that he continues to feel so cosy in.. Bring back King Billy

Christ. From ‘having admirers’ on the board at Leeds to potentially Aberdeen. Hell of a downfall for Lowey
Not sure it's much of a downgrade at all really. They're in Europe, never going to happen here. Whilst Aberdeen will never win the League in Scotland, they have a fair chance of getting to either Scottish League or FA Cup Final and will no doubt qualify for Europe again next season. He must have really impressed them with that Pre Season performance at Deepdale if he's in with a shout of that job.

results went south & so did performances as soon as evans came back sniffing round training & getting on the bench, he may put effort in each week but if hes put some noses out of joint & unsettled a happy band of players, who were getting on with it. just look at the results & performances since game 8 onwards, hardly been stellar have they with the odd exception
for me, I would point the downturn more at whiteman whom returned at a similar time - I may be wrong but I suspect out of the 2 of them, Evans is by far more t teheam player and respected more amongst his team mates.

for me, I would point the downturn more at whiteman whom returned at a similar time - I may be wrong but I suspect out of the 2 of them, Evans is by far more t teheam player and respected more amongst his team mates.

I would say that it was when he instantly put Brady in the side ahead of Best.

Since Ryan has had more players avaliable, the worse we have got.

I would say that it was when he instantly put Brady in the side ahead of Best.

Since Ryan has had more player avaliable the worse we have got.
Very true - when the team picks itself, the clown has no input, however .........................

Not sure it's much of a downgrade at all really. They're in Europe, never going to happen here. Whilst Aberdeen will never win the League in Scotland, they have a fair chance of getting to either Scottish League or FA Cup Final and will no doubt qualify for Europe again next season. He must have really impressed them with that Pre Season performance at Deepdale if he's in with a shout of that job.
Only Scottish team to ever win two European trophies as well.

Their core support is roughly the same size as ours as well.

Lowe could do a hell of a lot worse than jump ship up there.

I do post what I hear on here as often as I can but whenever I do, I’m always quite tentative as I can’t be arsed with the grief in case my ‘rumour’ doesn’t come off.

Normally, on Twitter, you get a pasting for posting anything PNE related, but the consensus on here seems to be that people are interested and don’t lynch you if it’s dud information.

I told @OB1 that Jones had pulled out of the Rotherham job last night. That was after both someone on the forum (I will @ them if they are happy for it) and a pal I know confirmed the same.

The reasoning for Jones pulling out of the job is ‘unknown’ but it’s being whispered that another club got in contact with him which is PNE.

The players (and it’s well known) were unhappy with the manager after his comments last week v Boro. I don’t want to drop names in as it’s unfair on them, but a few senior pro’s were angry with what Ryan said in the press. They reported this to Peter and I assume these were past onto Craig.

I think Ryan was very close to the sack back in February and I think he thought he was a goner after the Burnley game. I assume (and this is all assumptions - this part at least!) that Craig gave him a last chance, but he wouldn’t be cautious to pull the trigger further on down the line (if it became a shit show again).

It’s interesting to note that according to some, Lowe has been linked with the Aberdeen job tonight. I highly doubt he’d be linked to that if he was comfortable in the manager seat at North End. I see that as a downgrade personally.

That’s my two pence piece anyway. As I’ve said, it’s just rumours. It’s rumours I trust, but they are just rumours. This has all come from who I got the Osmajic and Millar info from as well as a load of the Cannon stuff in the summer.

In no way is any of this confirmed, but I felt it is worth posting. Cheers.
Lowe was 'gone' at half time versus Wigan. The person who told me KNOWS this.

Status
Not open for further replies.