PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New poll needed, RL sacked or not?

Should RL be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 558 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 147 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been having a bit of a think about it today. There seems to be a lot of apathy regards Lowe now. Even during the predominantly dour last 18 months of Neil’s reign, he still had his little corner of hardcore fans. I don’t think Lowe has that. There seems to be a lot of ‘I’m not really bothered if he stays or goes’ type views.

Some of us, myself included, got a little swept up with his buster when he first came in, some more than others. Whilst others just didn’t take to his salesmen-esqe patter from the get go. The start this season was promising but we still weren’t blowing teams away with an expansive, attacking brand. It was reminiscent of the good start we had with Alex when we were incredibly efficient in front of goal. It caught up with us.

There are only 11 points separating 3rd and 21st and only 8 points for us in 8th and 21st. If we fail to pick up points in the next 2 games, pressure will start to seriously mount. Zero points in November and he’s staring down the barrel. November is massive for Lowe.
There wasn’t apathy when we were top of the fucking league. And that’s why Ridsdale is so quiet, RL has been backed. Ridsdale has done his job. The minority on here who have any football knowledge about them knew being at the top was an utterly false position.

There wasn’t apathy when we were top of the fucking league. And that’s why Ridsdale is so quiet, RL has been backed. Ridsdale has done his job. The minority on here who have any football knowledge about them knew being at the top was an utterly false position.
I remember friends who support other clubs commenting to me about how pleased I must be with how we’d started. Obviously I was but almost all were astounded when I declared I was pretty sure it wouldn’t last, a sign to me that most outside of our fans are/were oblivious to how we were playing in reality.

I'm not in the Lowe out camp yet. A couple wins then all of a sudden we can be back in the playoff spots. We just don't seem to be getting close to getting those wins at the moment. Lowe is just too streaky. He still hasn't learned how to curtail bad runs of form. I'm glad we've started moving away from playing 5 at the back every game but we really need more winger depth if we want to keep playing 4 at the back. As soon as Holmes and Millar are tired, we're buggered and can't create anything.

I don't agree with the calls for Eustace. He seems a solid manager and Birmingham were in the playoffs when he was sacked but that's only after they started spending money. Last season they were lower-midtable. It's not that he's a bad manager, I just don't think he's shown he's distinctly better than Lowe.

Under Rowatt the football won't be pretty. It very well might be more effective though. We'd actually see well coached set pieces for once. I like him and it'd stop him getting good results against us. I just don't think most on here will be happy with the football on display

Nathan Jones I'm not really sure about. He's only done well at Luton but we're probably more like Luton budget-wise than Stoke and Southampton are. His personality just puts me off him

Fair point this but fuck me, at least Jones would have these playing football. Lowe imo could make France look poor. 3 good games we've had under Lowe , Blackburn away, bpool home and Southampton during week. As I've said earlier today, Lowe would make a great MP, full of shit , never his fault and has no substance to his gob

Jones isn't mentally strong enough to manage at a decent sized club, he'd meltdown worse than Westley did against Sheff Weds. Look at his paranoid Southampton press conferences!!!!

Genuinely fear for that guy's mental health as a manager, and he's another one who can only use one formation because it once worked for him in L1/L2

Jones isn't mentally strong enough to manage at a decent sized club, he'd meltdown worse than Westley did against Sheff Weds. Look at his paranoid Southampton press conferences!!!!

Genuinely fear for that guy's mental health as a manager, and he's another one who can only use one formation because it once worked for him in L1/L2
Dave Challinor has done a great job at lower clubs, but I guess it would be taking a similar punt to the one taken on Ryan Lowe.

Seriously, you really think that most posters Didn't think that we where in somewhat of a false position.
Most were just grateful to get early points on the board and accepted that we where getting some results whilst not particularly playing well.
I doubt many thought we where good enough to sustain it and storm the Division.

Can’t believe you think you were in the minority.
Majority enjoyed it whilst it lasted knowing it would be short lived.
Didn’t take a football genius to know we’d drop down the table.
The drops been a bit steeper than some expected perhaps

Dave Challinor has done a great job at lower clubs, but I guess it would be taking a similar punt to the one taken on Ryan Lowe.

We've tried that route a few times now and it hasn't paid off. If we're wanting attractive football we probably need to be looking down the ex-Prem coaching route like a Beale or a Critchley-type. Whether it is effective with the calibre of players we have and can attract is another matter...

I'd go evolution over revolution and promote from within for now (like when Tumble Dreyer let the shackles off the players...) and see which managers or aspiring coaches would express an interest between now and January. Do think Cunningham has the right mix of experience, respect and ambition to do well here though (as opposed to Gallagher who was always the joker and pally "card school" member...)

I don't really get the point off 'the club backed Lowe this summer with signings so he should go'.. shouldn't the club be spending money on new players, no matter who the manager is? The majority of the signings from this summer (Holmes, Osmajic, Frokjaer, Keane, Millar) have been decent, so Lowe can't get shit for that. And either way even if Lowe should get the blame for being backed... £3-4m is paltry compared to what other clubs spend.

What Lowe should be getting the blame for is persisting with crap like Brady and Woodburn and leaving the better players (Frokjaer) on the bench which is inexcusable imo. Also bringing on players like Cunningham and Woodburn and 'triggering' contract extensions too... But I guess that's Riddlers fault for even having that bollocks in their contracts in the first place. Lowe should also be getting shit for not getting the best out of the players he has got, deficiencies aside (no decent LCB/LWB options).

Either way 'the brand' has been pretty awful since he came in. I'd say get rid and look elsewhere, surely someone can get better out of our current squad.

Last edited:
Yes we need defenders but the reason we keep letting goals in is cos we put too much pressure on our defenders due to the way we play sitting back soaking up pressure…against good teams your basically inviting them to camp in our half and keep the pressure on our defence until they get thru or inevitably we make a mistake…we need to keep the ball in the opposition half by pressing higher up .
Agree with this 100%

I mean i saying he should be pne manager but imo , he'd get much more out of this talented squad.

Can’t believe you think you were in the minority.
Majority enjoyed it whilst it lasted knowing it would be short lived.
Didn’t take a football genius to know we’d drop down the table.
The drops been a bit steeper than some expected perhaps
An the drop being a bit steeper is what has annoyed most on here, including myself.
When a team that's up there or anywhere for that matter loses a game after being on a good run then you'll usually hear some sort of battle cry from your manager in regards to the next game. In short, your looking for an expecting a response. To ask questions, to go at the opposition from the off, to be positive.
Sorry, but I ain't seen this from the off in any games since this awful run started.
Southampton, we had to come back from a 1 goal deficit.
Again that's not being positive from the off is it?!
He's been here long enough to change this philosophy an I don't see him changing it for anybody.
I'm expecting a back 3 again as soon as Hughes is fit

Status
Not open for further replies.