New pub for Preston?

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Never had any issues in the Brook Tavern, just a shit beer selection and generally a bit of a dull pub these days. Decent beer garden though.

OP
northender0602

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
You probably served me then, mostly before it’s ‘face lift‘ when they got rid of the little booths.
Yep there was the little room on the left as you went through the main doors that had a tv and Piano in it,then the corridor to the lavs, another room that had a kitchen off a small narrow room, the pool room, then the little snug bar. Worked there with a gay guy called Keith, Marie (Burton?) Fella called Roy Fox run it at the time. Happy days.

OP
northender0602

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
Fancy helping Preston's best brewery open the City's first taproom?

Well if you do then Chainhouse Brewery are looking for £5k to crowdfund a new taproom and brewery in the heart of the city centre (my money is one of the railway arches off Marsh Lane).

Further details can be found here... https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/chain...7isZczsn_x-p6YUWZ0OgntYpi8Rs6Z3Z0CAESrpO4DymY
Says their new premises was a former brew house? Tithebarn? Or the building next door?

Double J

Forum Patron
Patron
Not sure if this is the right thread cause it ain’t new.

But the old Baffitos/Waterfront pub on the docks is on fire again. Second time in a few months. Black smoke all over.

WFG too

Reserve
Went in the new one/behind the Plau yester. No cask, so got a can of DIPA = £6

Lad I know is opening a bar next to the Stanley and another in the Wimpey/where the big grow was next to TJ's....

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Went in the new one/behind the Plau yester. No cask, so got a can of DIPA = £6

Lad I know is opening a bar next to the Stanley and another in the Wimpey/where the big grow was next to TJ's....
Thought the one next to Stanley was going be a Mexican place. Is the other one where the Cafe Zeus takeaway moved to?

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Whats the script with Roper?

Looked derelict earlier when I drove past.

We use it for the Boxing upstairs on the big screen.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Whats the script with Roper?

Looked derelict earlier when I drove past.

We use it for the Boxing upstairs on the big screen.
Pretty sure they've just given it a new paint job.

Probably don't see the point in opening without a full influx of students. Just Adelphi open at the minute.

AndySaville

Manager
Pretty sure they've just given it a new paint job.

They have, looking very clean and fresh from the outside.

Also a relief as I was beginning to worry Stonehouse had given up on it as there's been zero activity there since March last year with all reopening focus being on the Adelphi.

I assume nothing will happen now until June 21st.