PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New pub for Preston?

Blokes? I imagine that women must piss into their handbags when caught in 'no mans land'.....
The people that live close to it have said blokes, not exactly no mans land, the place has lavs. You wouldn’t catch me peeing in no mans land, knowing my luck a packed bus would just happen to pass and people have drones🤣

Last edited:
The people that live close to it have said blokes, not exactly no mans land, the place has lavs. You wouldn’t catch me peeing in no mans land, knowing my luck a packed bus would just happen to pass and people have drones🤣
I used to live on Kimberley Road right opposite that alley, could see down it from my living room and if people have started pissing down there, that is a massive improvement on some of the stuff we saw going on!

Feel a bit sorry for the Tulketh Tap owners as they seem to attract bad press left, right and centre. Whilst they were totally blame for not enforcing covid regulations both inter and post lockdowns the peeing in the alleyway thing seems to have nothing to do with them, just locals putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

However I'm glad the Tap End has opened as for me the Tulketh Tap is just the Lane Ends in micropub format so it's nice to have some variety in both beer and clientèle.

Plungy Hotel opens tomorrow at 12:00.

Popped in the Tap End, it was boring but the guy said he wants to put some background music in and liven it up. Don't think I'll be a regular.

I used to live on Kimberley Road right opposite that alley, could see down it from my living room and if people have started pissing down there, that is a massive improvement on some of the stuff we saw going on!
Didn’t exactly need a t.v. Then?

Made our first visits to The Tap End at the weekend. Became apparent both owner and the bar manager are very green when it comes to free of tie premises and being able to but whatever they like. Mentioned a few local breweries and the guy behind the bar gladly took note.

Cask was a bit generic with Landlord and JHB on two of the three pumps with flat ciders destined for the third. On keg however there was Rivington, Tiny Rebel and Chainhouse alongside Cruz Campos and ABK lagers (Hofmeister replaced the latter this afternoon). Cloudwater, Rivington, Glen Afric and Wild Weather Brewery amongst the cans in the fridge.

Lots of different gin and rum on the shelves.

Decent first impression and with the owner's intent to listen to regulars regarding what beers they'd like on, great potential as a crafty stop when heading back from Haslam Park which given the way the Tulketh Tap is going can only be a good thing.

Elsewhere Plug & Taps WILL reopen on 21st June despite the goalposts being moved. The week coincides with the Plug's third birthday so there will be some very special beers on the bar despite the reduced capacity.

In Higher Walton the Taps & Wine Bar has finally got planning permission from SRBC to use its new outside area and will open as soon as they can. Not sure what to expect beer wise as the lad responsible for buying them left during lockdown.

In Leyland the Golden Tap near the railway station WILL be reopening after 15 months of near silence from the owners but due to their small size they'll will need to wait until the 19th July.

Finally the Plungy has reopened. Early reports suggest the mangers are going for a sports pub theme with pool tables, dart board and lots of screens. Work on buying it as a community asset continues.

Made our first visits to The Tap End at the weekend. Became apparent both owner and the bar manager are very green when it comes to free of tie premises and being able to but whatever they like. Mentioned a few local breweries and the guy behind the bar gladly took note.

Cask was a bit generic with Landlord and JHB on two of the three pumps with flat ciders destined for the third. On keg however there was Rivington, Tiny Rebel and Chainhouse alongside Cruz Campos and ABK lagers (Hofmeister replaced the latter this afternoon). Cloudwater, Rivington, Glen Afric and Wild Weather Brewery amongst the cans in the fridge.

Lots of different gin and rum on the shelves.

Decent first impression and with the owner's intent to listen to regulars regarding what beers they'd like on, great potential as a crafty stop when heading back from Haslam Park which given the way the Tulketh Tap is going can only be a good thing.
Bit disappointing that they only have two cask ales. With the current choice, they won't have me flocking there any time soon - hopefully the choice will improve.

Anyone thinking/planning on opening a micropub in Preston need to look at Guild Ale House, The Orchard, Plug and Taps and Winckley Street Ale House to see how it's done.

Bit disappointing that they only have two cask ales. With the current choice, they won't have me flocking there any time soon - hopefully the choice will improve.

Anyone thinking/planning on opening a micropub in Preston need to look at Guild Ale House, The Orchard, Plug and Taps and Winckley Street Ale House to see how it's done.

When we spoke to the guy he was all for aiming the cask at older customers so bitters, ambers, milds etc rather than more modern styles and really keen on getting flat ciders boxes in and pulling them through a cask pump.

If enough go in and push for more/different cask he may listen but after I raved about Rivi Beach House & Track Sonoma on cask he went on a wholesaler website to see how much they were in cans. 🤦‍♂️

When we spoke to the guy he was all for aiming the cask at older customers so bitters, ambers, milds etc rather than more modern styles and really keen on getting flat ciders boxes in and pulling them through a cask pump.

If enough go in and push for more/different cask he may listen but after I raved about Rivi Beach House & Track Sonoma on cask he went on a wholesaler website to see how much they were in cans. 🤦‍♂️

I guess I count as an older customer ( unless you are taking people above state retirement age) , but pales, IPAS and DIPAS are my preferred style , and I think most people of my age agree.
A variety is always nice to have on though, but you do need the turnover to be able to do this.

In Leyland the Golden Tap near the railway station WILL be reopening after 15 months of near silence from the owners but due to their small size they'll will need to wait until the 19th July.
Excellent news that, mate. Always went in there for a few before going for a Japanese in the excellent Sakura Valley. I was going to get round to asking you if you knew owt……🙃

The Lemon Tree, bar & tapas in Longton. Opened a couple of months ago. Went twice at the weekend. Superb.

Open 8am-8pm, breakfast, coffee, croissants, brunch, lunch, tapas, wine.

Gallons of Cruzcampo beer, and we asked them to keep bringing tapas dishes until we exploded. Really cracking food and great people running it. Will be back, many times.

Had my first night out in town since last year last night. Dear me - hardly a single person in great Northern way, ship and giggles completely empty, adelphi empty inside and about 10 people outside, roper hall empty inside and about 3 outside, what a depressing situation. This was all between about 8pm and 10pm.

Had my first night out in town since last year last night. Dear me - hardly a single person in great Northern way, ship and giggles completely empty, adelphi empty inside and about 10 people outside, roper hall empty inside and about 3 outside, what a depressing situation. This was all between about 8pm and 10pm.
The first 2, well. The second 2, student based.

I bet it is the polar opposite tomorrow Harry!!