New pub for Preston?

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
They have from what I understand, I was working on the development of one of the new student accommodation blocks around the time the Friargate Roundabout project was starting. Spoke to the manager in Adelphi at the time and he said that they were being helped in some way by the uni with renovations. Presumably why it hasn't had so much as a lick of paint in about 4 years, I guess they were waiting for the new square to be opened up.
Blimey I'm clever at reading between the lines, me 😄

AndySaville

Manager
Tap & Wine Bar in Walton-le-Dale has now fully reopened. Cask range is a bit so so but some great beer pouring on keg.

Over the other side of Preston 1260 Craft & Crust is now really living up to its name with some fantastic beers on the bar and a sizable bottle/can range in the fridge. Pizzas aren't half bad either!

Rumour has it that Lime Lounge MkII could be opening in Longton using the empty units to the right of the Rams Head. Earlier reports had suggested at least one would become Longton's first micropub but it seems whoever was planning that has waited too long.

Friargate Tap had its soft opening at the weekend. Photos suggest it is a carbon copy of its Tulketh namesake with the same local cask and Heineken keg beer on the bar. I assume this weekend will see the full opening.

Successful Crowdfunding projects Chainhouse Tap Room and Bier Box have both moved on to securing their respective properties on Market Street and Adelphi Street. Progress has been a tad slow for both but hopefully they'll be set for autumn openings.

Friargate temporary bar Winter Lodge will once again temporarily reopen in time for Oktoberfest celebrations and continue through to Christmas.

AndySaville

Manager
Given the trouble they had towards the end with endless fighting inside and out this has to go down as a very bad idea.

If I was the guys who own the Motown club above it this would be the last thing I'd want.

WFG too

First Team
Next door to Greyfriars is opening as a 70's & 80's plus live music venue.

Place in Grimsargh, where the chippy was, may be open for Xmas.

And there's a Beer Bro's bottle & can shop/bar opened in Longridge...

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Given the trouble they had towards the end with endless fighting inside and out this has to go down as a very bad idea.

If I was the guys who own the Motown club above it this would be the last thing I'd want.
Sounds like there was a bit of bovver at your gaffe, last night.

AndySaville

Manager
Friend of mine was in the toilet at the time and suddenly heard shouting about a lack of Red Bull to go with Jaegar shots followed by a tirade of abuse and glasses going flying. After zipping up and coming out he was met with a glasses and drinks all over the floor and the contents of his bag in bits having been caught in the melee.

Don't think those responsible would have been back anyway given their disappointment at the lack Bud and Fosters but certainly won't be now.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Friend of mine was in the toilet at the time and suddenly heard shouting about a lack of Red Bull to go with Jaegar shots followed by a tirade of abuse and glasses going flying. After zipping up and coming out he was met with a glasses and drinks all over the floor and the contents of his bag in bits having been caught in the melee.

Don't think those responsible would have been back anyway given their disappointment at the lack Bud and Fosters but certainly won't be now.
Nobs

AndySaville

Manager
Successful Penwortham bar 'Lime Lounge' is becoming a family of not two but three venues after they confirmed takeover of Hesekth Bank's short-lived Kopar (a lesson in how not to open/run a microbar). They have yet to confirm venue number two in Longton but it is widely known it's them currently stripping out the former Happy Bunnies tearoom opposite the Rams Head. Not a lot for beer drinkers if you don't like Peroni or cold bottles of Black Sheep but good to see empty venues being transformed.

Also in Longton 'Wilkins & Pye' has reopened after the owner failed to find a buyer for the microbar that was open and run in a similar way to the aforementioned Kopar before it closed for covid. W&P has been rebranded as a more 'female friendly' establishment which I assume means more focus on cocktails and the like. Again not a place for beer drinkers with the legacy of them telling Chainhouse Brewing on opening night to 'come back when you're more established and we might sell your beer' living on.

Back in Preston the owners of Baluga have finally started work in the old Cafe Zeus takeaway to transform it into 'Hopwood's Tap House' which will hopefully be ready for Christmas. During the run up to Christmas last year Baluga ran a German Market style hut outside the Miller Arcade with some cracking Helles/Pils lagers on and with their Winter Lodge also German focused I reckon this could be similar alongside casks and craft numbers.

Lostock Ale is knocking into the unit next door to expand after finding itself as popular post lockdown as it was before covid took hold whilst in Walton-le-Dale Taps & Wine Bar are finding their feet again after a painfully slow reopening saw them having to throw cask ale away. Similarly Golden Tap in Leyland is back with us after only reopening once all restrictions had been lifted and almost immediately having to close again as all 3 members of staff caught fairly serious bouts of covid. All steam ahead now and some cracking beers have appeared on the bar since.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Successful Penwortham bar 'Lime Lounge' is becoming a family of not two but three venues after they confirmed takeover of Hesekth Bank's short-lived Kopar (a lesson in how not to open/run a microbar). They have yet to confirm venue number two in Longton but it is widely known it's them currently stripping out the former Happy Bunnies tearoom opposite the Rams Head. Not a lot for beer drinkers if you don't like Peroni or cold bottles of Black Sheep but good to see empty venues being transformed.

Also in Longton 'Wilkins & Pye' has reopened after the owner failed to find a buyer for the microbar that was open and run in a similar way to the aforementioned Kopar before it closed for covid. W&P has been rebranded as a more 'female friendly' establishment which I assume means more focus on cocktails and the like. Again not a place for beer drinkers with the legacy of them telling Chainhouse Brewing on opening night to 'come back when you're more established and we might sell your beer' living on.

Back in Preston the owners of Baluga have finally started work in the old Cafe Zeus takeaway to transform it into 'Hopwood's Tap House' which will hopefully be ready for Christmas. During the run up to Christmas last year Baluga ran a German Market style hut outside the Miller Arcade with some cracking Helles/Pils lagers on and with their Winter Lodge also German focused I reckon this could be similar alongside casks and craft numbers.

Lostock Ale is knocking into the unit next door to expand after finding itself as popular post lockdown as it was before covid took hold whilst in Walton-le-Dale Taps & Wine Bar are finding their feet again after a painfully slow reopening saw them having to throw cask ale away. Similarly Golden Tap in Leyland is back with us after only reopening once all restrictions had been lifted and almost immediately having to close again as all 3 members of staff caught fairly serious bouts of covid. All steam ahead now and some cracking beers have appeared on the bar since.
Cracking overview that, cheers.

Longton's going to have the highest beer to capita ratio of anywhere!