New pub for Preston?

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
Why move opposite a pub then complain, it’s like moving next to a farm and complaining about the smell
Went in recently and me and my mate we're the only people in there. Had some good night's in there in the late 80s. It hasn't changed one bit but was absolutely filthy and stank. The bogs were like those troughs you used to get on the North End before it got rebuilt. This Andy bloke doesn't seem to be having much success of late, does he?

OP
northender0602

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
Went in recently and me and my mate we're the only people in there. Had some good night's in there in the late 80s. It hasn't changed one bit but was absolutely filthy and stank. The bogs were like those troughs you used to get on the North End before it got rebuilt. This Andy bloke doesn't seem to be having much success of late, does he?
Used to be decent and clean, maybe he’s got his finger in too many pies

SF

Advisor to the Owner
Adelphi is pretty smart inside, identical layout though apart from some extra corner tables. There's an outdoor pool table and TV screens now.

Wouldn't say it looks £350k better off though.

Roger Mellie

Forum Patron
Patron
Its a carbon copy of the Tulketh Tap beer wise but doesn't seem to be attracting as many dickheads. Apparently quite cheap for a town centre venue.
I agree, was in the Friargate tap before the game with my lad and it's ok, just not one for the beer snobs. The young girl who runs it does a good job though as the beers are always kept well. Later on I was in the tulketh tap on the way home after tea and a few drinks with our peg round Penwortham.

Best described as the clientele wouldn't be out of place in the pub off shameless. DJ playing thump thump thump, girl who came out of the WC before me had been literally powdering her nose, but to be fair the seven brothers IPA was decent. Went across the road to the tap end which is much better and very dog friendly then in the Lane before another taxi home.

So a decent sally yesterday taking in the Guild, Orchard, Black Horse, Friargate Tap, Moorbrook, Tap and Vine, Lime Bar, Craft and Crust, Gin&Jar, Fleece, Tulketh Tap, Tap End, Lane Ends. Might explain not applying the filter to when I commented on another thread 🤣

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
I agree, was in the Friargate tap before the game with my lad and it's ok, just not one for the beer snobs. The young girl who runs it does a good job though as the beers are always kept well. Later on I was in the tulketh tap on the way home after tea and a few drinks with our peg round Penwortham.

Best described as the clientele wouldn't be out of place in the pub off shameless. DJ playing thump thump thump, girl who came out of the WC before me had been literally powdering her nose, but to be fair the seven brothers IPA was decent. Went across the road to the tap end which is much better and very dog friendly then in the Lane before another taxi home.

So a decent sally yesterday taking in the Guild, Orchard, Black Horse, Friargate Tap, Moorbrook, Tap and Vine, Lime Bar, Craft and Crust, Gin&Jar, Fleece, Tulketh Tap, Tap End, Lane Ends. Might explain not applying the filter to when I commented on another thread 🤣

Well, that's one way to try and block out the misery of 4.45pm 😂